ac_banlieue
hi guys! new map here. i want to give a special thanks to DES|Cleaner for his amazingly good mapmodels

[Image: 20121208232228acbanlieu.jpg]

[Image: 20121208232203acbanlieu.jpg]

[Image: 20121208232137acbanlieu.jpg]

Download link
MOD EDIT: link fixed!
Thanks given by:
Dafuq is that name? :P
Nice screens, looks neat ^^.
Thanks given by:
Nice. I think you forgot to package the skymap, I couldn't find it in the download.

I noticed there was a helmet and a vest very close to each other near the containers, which makes it too easy for 1 person to get 75 armour quickly, try spacing the armour about, make people run for it. There are some very nice features of this map and some nice ideas. I liked the use of non-playable areas (like near each base). gj.
Thanks given by:
thanks zero! yea i just realized the skymap thing. imma fix it now

k i think its fixed :)

(09 Dec 12, 01:50AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Dafuq is that name? :P
Nice screens, looks neat ^^.

c'est le mot pour un "suburb" ou "outskirt" en francais mdr

(09 Dec 12, 02:00AM)Z3R0 Wrote: I noticed there was a helmet and a vest very close to each other near the containers, which makes it too easy for 1 person to get 75 armour quickly

yea that was on purpose. i just think about how two teams start a match. i thought that instead of two players walking out of their bases with 100 hp each, it would make the game a little more interesting if player A from CLA gained a helmet and a vest while player B from RVSF gained only a helmet or player B AR jumped and took the vest sitting in the container.

measuring the distance from the vest to each base, i gave CLA only a shorter distance to get the 50 armour because of they have to climb boxes to reach it while RVSF can walk on flat land. so its really a battle over who gets what first.

tl;dr i made a conscious decision about the armour. 75 armour in one gulp gives a better chance of getting flags and therefore making the game a little more interesting (unlike depot)
Thanks given by:
Screenshots look good, will download.
Thanks given by:
Ahaa, I came in hoping to see a model of Banlieue 13. :P Looks great anyway.
Thanks given by:
lol sorry. i just realized i named it after the movie. awesome movie though....
Thanks given by:
Excellent.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 12, 02:00AM)Z3R0 Wrote: ...too easy for 1 person to get 75 armour quickly...
From the RVSF base on ac_arid one can get 100 armour in about 6 seconds.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 12, 08:53AM)jamz Wrote: From the RVSF base on ac_arid one can get 100 armour in about 6 seconds.

But that's a reasonably small map, for a larger map like this the armour should be more spread out, imo.
Thanks given by:
Wow, great work on this, the map quality is just fantastic.
Only suggestions are, look into re-distributing the pick ups, and playing with the sounds a little more.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 12, 11:51AM)Z3R0 Wrote: But that's a reasonably small map, for a larger map like this the armour should be more spread out, imo.

No it's not, they should delete helmets, the map is small enough for 100 kevlar.
Thanks given by:
Looks nice man! I agree with your idea with 75 armour since it makes it a lot more interesting to play than with lets say two vests. Also because waiting for a new vest takes longer and thus pickup managing for the helmet can give you on this map a slight advantage. I foresee much fun : D
Thanks given by:
Post map here go go go.
Thanks given by:
Wow, awesome map...
PS: I took the freedom to edit the DL link, it was a bit messed up! ;)
Thanks given by:
thanks for the comments guys! glad there are so many positive reviews :D

thanks for re-arranging the DL link Andrez. i was wondering why mine looks so much different from everyone elses lol

(09 Dec 12, 04:35PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Post map here go go go.

lol already added :)
Thanks given by:
Screenshots look nice. Not sure why but I always avoid downloads with non-official media :/
I may make an exception in this case.
Thanks given by: