Perfection
You all know that eventually the game will reach it's pinnacle and there will no longer be any reason to modify it whatsoever right? Seriously, what happens when we "finally" make the perfect game? There will probably be trivial changes to be made, but think about it... We're all searching for the perfect balance. Will we be satisfied with it when it comes or will we completely fail to recognize it?
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 12, 12:21PM)MorganKell Wrote: ...will we completely fail to recognize it?
Yes.
Thanks given by:
Even top selling games have flaws. No game is ever PERFECT.
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 12, 12:31PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Even top selling games have flaws. No game is ever PERFECT.

Agreed.
Thanks given by:
My insider knowledge says AC2's development starts when AC gets perfect.

As for AC becoming perfect, depends on how much the players like the gameplay. As for bugs, I don't understand how they exist anymore. The end user will notice few bugs in 1104, and yet the changelog for svn shows like 5 million bug fixes. Maybe tempest likes fixing bugs so much, he makes them on purpose just to fix them the next day.
Thanks given by:
Let's assume perfection is impossible (given the amount of fuckwits it shouldn't be hard) and a "Perfect" game will never happen... How sure are you that it's the game's fault? Are the majority of players just blaming their flaws on AC? You can't use sniper because it doesn't suit YOU? Oh well... why don't you pull your head outside your ass and try using it as it was made? OR, instead of adapting the game to how YOU think it should be... why don't YOU try and play it how the devs meant it to be. Seems to me too many players blame the game for their personal flaws and subsequently try to change it / rage at it / butthurt kingdom it until it's suited to their style.

I agree 1.1 is far from ideal AC. Perfect AC was 1.0. Majority of you are either too stupid or too young (AC-wise, and NUTS-wise) to realize this, but the point made is still a valid one. We are working towards a "perfect" AC. To think we will never get there is either an extreme dose of realism or simply a bunch of fail artists who clearly do not have the game's best interests in mind.

The goal should be too make the "Perfect AC". To accept any less without trying extremely hard, or half-assing it and pretending like it's impossible, is paramount to cowardice.
Thanks given by:
When you reach perfection, you know decline is on its way to bring you down.
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 12, 12:31PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Even top selling games have flaws. No game is ever PERFECT.

They are not perfect because...they are here for money...
Thanks given by:
If people stopped playing it, it wouldn't be perfect, would it?
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 12, 03:04PM)pweaks Wrote: When you reach perfection, you know decline is on its way to bring you down.
This.
Once you reach the top, the bottom's sure to follow.
Thanks given by:
Tell that to Call of Duty which gets more sales each year. :3
And a lot of people considered COD4 perfection.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 01:08AM)Nightmare Wrote: Tell that to Call of Duty which gets more sales each year. :3

http://n4g.com/news/1136288/call-of-duty...-warfare-3

Some games have reached perfection. Managerial games peaked over a decade ago. They reached a point where all that could be done to improve them was make the game more realistic and consequently more laborious and less fun - perfection in other words.

(08 Dec 12, 03:04PM)pweaks Wrote: When you reach perfection, you know decline is on its way to bring you down.

And I'm sure the makers of Championship manager realised this when their newest 'improvement' was to allow you to adjust your tactics for wind direction.

Or so my Dad says anyway. I've never played the games myself but god do they sound overcomplicated.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 01:08AM)Nightmare Wrote: Tell that to Call of Duty which gets more sales each year. :3
And that's why none of the other COD's have been as good as 4 (at least not W@W or BO, idk about MW2 and MW3).
Anywho, that's another story.
Thanks given by:
They get better each year. :p
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 02:31AM)Nightmare Wrote: They get better each year. :p
Clearly not a CoD player.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 02:37AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(11 Dec 12, 02:31AM)Nightmare Wrote: They get better each year. :p
Clearly not a CoD player.

Both clearly no rzal FPS players. :p
Thanks given by: