mpx_desierto_v1.3
mpx_desierto available on Akimbo Vault!

It's an update or new version, (???) whatever. Download it! hope you enjoy it!

yours, mpx.
Thanks given by:
Hey it's not bad. I like it as a map! But, there's a few things you might wanna consider going back and fixing.. First of all, there's a fence which a player can pass through because of a floating fence pole...

Secondly, some boxes have brick textures. And thirdly, why is there a floating akimbo in one of the doorways? [I don't know if you intentionally did that, but it looks funny to me.]

Other than that, it's a good map!
Thanks given by:
screenshot about the floating fence pole, please.

I'm gonna check about the boxes.

the floating akimbo on the doorway it WAS intentional, you got to jump :P I don't know, I tough that it could be funny and less boring than just walk trough them to pick up.

how about Lag?
Thanks given by:
[Image: iaza16570092421300.jpg]

There's your floating fence post.

And as a result, I can go behind that fence.

[Image: iaza16570099244300.jpg]

As far as lag goes, I don't have any of it on your map. I mostly get over 100fps everywhere I go. [Though I have my ac set to it's best performance wise without loosing texture quality :p]
Thanks given by:
well, first of all, thanks for the feedback.

I fixed the pole (now is placed on his place. lol)
Also, fixed the boxes whit brick textures and add a new path on the mid of the map
add more pick ups (nades and helmet)

now I think that there's no "glitches" and can be playable.

the 2nd screenshot, well players shouldn't go there. it's a "make up" that give to the map another feeling, I guess. You know, there is some maps that feel too shut (closed")

about lag. he he It's my thesis XD (huge maps, low lag)
try now. same link.
Thanks given by:
Very nice map, lots of nice details. A little bland in colour texture and lights wise, but nothing too bad. Though, you pickups could do with some improvement, 7 helmets and 6 armour? Even ac_shine has 3 helmets and 2 vests and ac_iceroad 4 helmets and 1 armour. 7 & 6 is a little too much. If you reconsidered the pickups, this could be a really nice map to play. :)
Thanks given by:
Veteran comes back.
New map is made (looks nice btw).
Hope for AC <3
Thanks given by:
gonna be honest and say that there are only several small things i would personally change on this map. otherwise i think its a solid ass map.

1. the red wood on some of the floors looks kind of awkward

2. the akimbo pickup is uh...kinda hangin out in the air

3. Z3R0 makes a nice point on the armour. there's waaay too much.

4. the floating fence thang

other than that your map looks pretty hawt
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 12, 10:52PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Very nice map, lots of nice details. A little bland in colour texture and lights wise, but nothing too bad. Though, you pickups could do with some improvement, 7 helmets and 6 armour? Even ac_shine has 3 helmets and 2 vests and ac_iceroad 4 helmets and 1 armour. 7 & 6 is a little too much. If you reconsidered the pickups, this could be a really nice map to play. :)

Z3R0 has a really good point. Also, I figured out why that post was floating. It was in the wall. My suggestion is to remove that fence post, and move the clip one cube closer (so people don't run into that part of the fence and possibly get stuck).

Another thing (which I fixed for myself), is you missed another box and gave it a wooden floor texture... x'D Same area as the last time.

Keep mapping! I'd love to see more of your work!
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 02:05AM).45|D3M0NW0LF Wrote: It was in the wall. My suggestion is to remove that fence post, and move the clip one cube closer (so people don't run into that part of the fence and possibly get stuck).

Or just lower the floor in the wall.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 12, 04:13AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(07 Dec 12, 02:05AM).45|D3M0NW0LF Wrote: It was in the wall. My suggestion is to remove that fence post, and move the clip one cube closer (so people don't run into that part of the fence and possibly get stuck).

Or just lower the floor in the wall.

True, but then it would look kinda bad.. (unless you're extremely good with heightfields).
Thanks given by:
I'm confused by what you are suggesting then. I'll look at it here in a second.
Thanks given by:
Oh I see what you're getting at now!

*Wolf facepaws*

I'm so sorry for the confusion. I was thinking of something totally different (I'm aspergers so my thought process is a little different).
Thanks given by:
oh my dog... I need a Coca Cola.
XD

I gonna be banned from Akimbo Vault.

"Welcome to your uploader control panel. This is where you can manage your file database by adding and editing your files. If you ABUSE these access, you will be banned."

but I just want to bring a cool map, dude.

OK, now I'm serious. fixed all that stuff.

the pick ups improvement .. well, I owe
Thanks given by:
As far as I can see right now the only reason we could eventually ban you is for advertising some crap bubbly drink!
Thanks given by:
I love the layout and most of the locations of the pick-ups, and some of the detail is well done.
Some minor suggestions for improvement though.

Try to break up texture clashes like this. See doorways on maps like ac_outpost for a decent example. It's just weird for tiles to suddenly turn into outside ground area with nothing in between.
Boxes are nice, but it seems you overused them on this map just to fill in space. Try other things instead of boxes, just to keep the variety up. Not saying don't use boxes at all, just less of them. This screenshot seems awkward with how they are stacked. And this room in general is box whoring.
Then more detail spam in general would be nice. Areas like this are too plain and unsexy. More variety again, this hallway is just barrels and nothing else.
Also for lighting, maybe try a subtle orange tint to match the skymap for outside areas. Only a little though, too much looks crazy.

Overall, I like the map. It could just use more details and detail variety. <3 Good job.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, Nightmare. I'm gonna work on that.

Did someone test my map? how about gameplay?
I tried to test by my own, but I couldn't because servers restrictions.
Thanks given by:
Nightmare not liking the amount of box usage O.O
Thanks given by:
I'll try to get some 2v2/3v3 inters going on this map later :D

@ RR: It's allowed when you put 'box' in the map name. <3
Thanks given by:
Nice map.

Go into edit mode and type "go_to <x> <y>" for the following

173, 300 -- random brick texture on floor

230, 370 -- section of wall has wrong texture

220, 380 -- you can fix these wall textures changing by saving your map in SVN. 1.1.0.4 will change those textures when you save. You can sometimes get it to work in 1.1.0.4 by making some of the surrounding cubes use the same texture.

280, 357 -- looks like the third fence post is missing.

A few places you used the lamp tile texture on the ceiling. These might look better if you make them ceiling height fields to make them "thinner" or protruding less.
Thanks given by:
done.
I should work on the lighting... I'm gonna erase them all and start over again, so maybe you could get the map tomorrow or past. I'm lazy right now. :P

about the lamps.. mm that is minor details. I mean is irrelevant for gameplay

tell me if you tested.. all modes and on which mode do you think is better. (fun)

it's was built for Capture The Flag
Thanks given by:
idk if anyone else saw this...

apparently there are two nades that are too close. you gotta move them if you want to play the map on multiplayer
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 12, 12:12AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: idk if anyone else saw this...

apparently there are two nades that are too close. you gotta move them if you want to play the map on multiplayer

Nope, I saw that... just didn't want to be excessively critical on the map ._.
Thanks given by:
you just tell me.. don't worry, I will make all changes. If you don't know, I really want my map to become in an official one.

come on, don't be shy... XD
Thanks given by: