Custom weapon not showing up on menu
So I have downloaded 5 custom weapons.

3 of them are by the same chap (Sub-Machine Gun, Shotgun and Carbine).

2 of them are by somebody else (AR and Sniper).

The Sub-Machine Gun, shotgun and Carbine don't show up on the menu you modded.

Is there a fix for this? I can give a link to them if you need.
Thanks given by:
Custom material won't show up on the menu by itself, you have to edit the .cfg file for that.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 12, 04:37PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Custom material won't show up on the menu by itself, you have to edit the .cfg file for that.

How come the Sniper and AR do show up then?
Thanks given by:
You must remplace the "menu" file too.
Thanks given by:
Some weapon mods have no own "menu" and "world" files. There is no easy way to add one afterwards.
Thanks given by:
If indeed you send us the links of these mods we will then be able to point out what exactly is going on and what you can do (or not).
Thanks given by:
As ASOM pointed out, some mod creators do not include "menu" folders in their mods. This means that they won't show up above the weapon menu.
Thanks given by:
Okay.

If it helps here are the problematic mods:
http://akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1140
http://akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=518 (using it as the carbon)

The shotgun all of a sudden started showing up on the menu.
Thanks given by:
Yeah this is what I mean. Matasar and me rarely add menu files.
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 12, 10:23PM)SlamDrag Wrote: The shotgun all of a sudden started showing up on the menu.
I don't get this bit since here you've only swapped the Assault Rifle MTP-57 for the AR 15 and the Submachine Gun A-ARD/10 for the Mac11...

Since none of these two mods have a menu file (the one in the weapons folder) and it wasn't ever a compulsory item in order to add new weapon mods on AKIMBO (most care more about the gaming experience) it means that they will never show up spinning in the selection menu.

However the best you can do in this case is in the menu_settings.cfg

Change this part...
menumdl weapons/assault/menu mapmodel 75 12
menuitem "MTP-57 Assault Rifle"            "nextprimary 6;echo MTP-57 Assault Rifle selected" "chmenumdl Weapons weapons/assault/menu mapmodel 75 12"
menuitem "A-ARD/10 Submachine Gun"        "nextprimary 4;echo A-ARD/10 Submachine Gun selected" "chmenumdl Weapons weapons/subgun/menu mapmodel 75 12"

To this...
menumdl weapons/assault/menu mapmodel 75 12
menuitem "AR 15 Assault Rifle"            "nextprimary 6;echo AR 15 Assault Rifle selected" "chmenumdl Weapons weapons/assault/menu mapmodel 75 12"
menuitem "Mac11 Submachine Gun"        "nextprimary 4;echo Mac11 Submachine Gun selected" "chmenumdl Weapons weapons/subgun/menu mapmodel 75 12"

You will still have the old weapon showing up on the menu though but maybe some day modders will take this lacuna into account when creating new material :p
Thanks given by:
Sorry for the late response.

Thank you everybody.
Thanks given by: