Server compatable IP cloak?
I'm planning to host a server next week for a couple of mates from an online gaming group.

I've never met most of them in person so i'm a bit wary of giving away my IP address to complete strangers.
Although i have a dynamic IP from my ISP, I'm still not 100% sure i'll stay secure.

Can anyone recommend an IP cloaking/changing software that will allow me to host a server?

Any help is appreciated.

~THC,#
Thanks given by:
Why not just purchase a VPS and set up the server there? All other solutions WILL cost money, so you may as well just buy some good hosting.
Thanks given by:
Why are you afraid of giving out your ip address? At most users can track you to your city but not to a house location. Also know that even when playing a public server, yours or not, anyone can grab your ip except for the last octet but even with the first three we can still find your general location. Admins and server owners can see the full ip though.
Thanks given by:
Relax, man.

1. Anyone running a website that you go to can see your IP address.
2. Anyone running a game server that you connect to can see your IP address.
3. Your IP address is not forever linked to your personal identity.
4. Your IP address can indicate that you're in a certain metro area at most. No one will be able to come and do things to you based on your IP address.

Just do it and stop being such a little bitch. Any solution anyone can come up with would unacceptably impair the performance of the server.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 12, 09:33AM)Jack Wrote: Just do it and stop being such a little bitch. Any solution anyone can come up with would unacceptably impair the performance of the server.

He's absolutely correct on all points. I would advise Mr. 86.146.132.* to just stop being paranoid also. Most solutions will cost you money. Most solutions (except hosting elsewhere) will impair the server performance. IP addresses aren't private and can't really be used by anyone unless they're of a government authority that's allowed to fuck around with telco's.
Thanks given by:
And I might add they do not hide your identity either! your ISP (BT) has dynamic ip allocation and all you need to do is reset your router and your IP changes anyway. Also armed with your IP and time the authoritoes can trace you exactly even if using a proxy service.

Why worry, do you send anonymous letters to people in case they find out your address?
Thanks given by: