Crosshair fx changes when viewing enemy
Hey lads and ladies,
Wanted to get a feel for another opinion about having a crosshair, when over the enemy changing color similar to what it does when passing over teammates. I know in SVN there is a "on-hit" command. But i was curious what the vibe was about actually having it switch either style, or color when viewing the enemy. Larry seems to think it'd be a cheat due to enemies being in hard to see spots. My argument against that was gamma. Let me know what you think if it'd be fair, or if it should be implemented in the next version (if people agree it's a product they want). Cheers
Thanks given by:
I don't like this idea.. The hitsounds should be enough when you hit your enamy to know they're there or if you hit them, you dont need your crosshair altering too..
Thanks given by:
It's only possibly a cheat if only some people get it (ie if you mod your client to do this I think it's a grey area).
I personally don't really care if it's added to the game, however.
Thanks given by:
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. i do not like this.
Thanks given by:
Cubescript can do this (i believe ^^
conline + (edit mode )
I think the idea is good .
The player who play with the low fog can rival with the hight fog.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't have a problem with it added as an option within AC. This could help those who have bad eyes, play at really low resolutions and/or with fog.

It does, in a very small and almost insignificant way, take some skill away from AC. For example, every once in a while a player will miss an enemy sneaking past a corridor and the xhair will flicker, alerting the player. ofc this is more a concern for the competitive AC player.

Edit: on second thought.. It will be used to it's full advantage. It would likely end-up being used to give away positions of enemies by just waiting for the xhair to flickr..

http://iforce.co.nz/i/hspkmwzo.di4.bmp

In the image above i cant really see if an enemy comes out of their base to the right but if the xhair flickers, i'll know for sure. It's not the best example but you get the gist. For that reason, i don't think this is a good idea. AC is easy enough to play as is.
Thanks given by:
Everyone always finds the fullest bastardization of what im talking about :P. That's good though.

I mainly like the concept for the obvious nature of when actively aiming. Often in split second scenarios i feel like i am aiming true but it turns out of x-hair is a few cm off. I agree hitsounds are a clear indication of when you actually hit, but it'd be a nice effect to see how much you are truly missing (without taking spread into account ofc). could be built in as /crosshairfx 2 or something of that nature
Thanks given by:
I had suggested quit an similar idea some time ago, when you are hitting the enemy, your crosshair should get smaller like in other games, e.g. battlefield. But it wasnt possible or hard to programm this feature in 1.1.0.4, but with the new "on-hit" command in the SVN it should be easy to made and i think this would be nice addition such as the hitsounds are.
Thanks given by:
You are talking about like a hitmarker? Much like /hitsound 1?

I don't see any reason why not. Hitsounds exist.

If you are talking about something more like the "Do Not Kill" crosshair that appears when you view a teammate, naw. You couldn't do it with cubescript anyways.
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 12, 05:34PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: You are talking about like a hitmarker? Much like /hitsound 1?

I don't see any reason why not. Hitsounds exist.

If you are talking about something more like the "Do Not Kill" crosshair that appears when you view a teammate, naw. You couldn't do it with cubescript anyways.

Nah, i mean if you are hitting the enemy the crosshair should get smaller, not when you aiming at him like this teammate crosshair.
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 12, 06:56PM)Elite Wrote: Nah, i mean if you are hitting the enemy the crosshair should get smaller, not when you aiming at him like this teammate crosshair.

Yea, that would work but it would override the xhair getting bigger to indicate spread, or maybe not, idk. Either way, i probably wouldn't use it.
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 12, 08:09AM)BigGunZ Wrote: It would likely end-up being used to give away positions of enemies by just waiting for the xhair to flickr.

You can actually already do something like this with the way players' names appear in the bottom-left corner of the screen when you point at them.
Thanks given by:
It could be a good way to have a more fair situation because... do you have a great point of view of the RVSF player?

[Image: 20120356.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, finding a nice balance between visibility of shadowed areas and not blowing out the whole image is what will work best for gamma.
Thanks given by:
/gamma 150, havn't found 1 spot where you can't see anyone half decently
Thanks given by:
Yep, great idea. Erm... and can we possibly, just as a little addition, execute the attack command at the same time? Feels quite old school doing this manually.
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 12, 03:11AM)Shorty Wrote: I don't like this idea.. The hitsounds should be enough when you hit your enamy to know they're there or if you hit them, you dont need your crosshair altering too..

^^^this right here.

i think that AC is already too fast of a game to add this feature. cross map fragging would now require less skill. nice idea but in my opinion, i think it would be degenerate to future gameplay
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, why I like to ask these questions. Cheers
Thanks given by:
edit
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 12, 05:51PM)888 Wrote: script who change your crosshair when a player is near .
I think many player know this script .
It s like the crosshair sniper ,these player not to agree with this ideas because he prefer to kept the advantage in cheating .

Pour les francais ,
je partage un script qui permet de modifier le crosshair quand un joueur est proche dans le jeu .
Certain diront que c'est un cheat car on peut parfois voir un joueur arriver derriere un mur selon certaine texture du jeu .
Je pense que c'est la faute des mappers qui ont crée les mauvaises textures .
Sur certain map ,c'est un avantage .
Les mappers doivent corriger ces bug .
Je prefere partager le script pour que chaque joueur puissent etre au meme niveau .
D'une autre maniere ,il existe une commande dgbtiles qui fait a peu pres la meme chose .

Bonne chance les devellopeurs ^^
Il faut parfois vous pousser dans vos retranchement pour bouger les choses
Je vous ai prevenu 2 jours à l'avance mais personne ne me repond :)

mapstartalways = [sleep 100 [control;dbgstenc 2]]
control = [if ( (|| (strstr $conline "playermodels") (strstr $conline "weapons")) ) [loadcrosshair teammate.png;sleep 100 [control]][sleep 100 [control;loadcrosshair default.png]]]
that script doesnt work, or at least for me.
all it does is change my crosshair to default :P
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 12, 05:51PM)888 Wrote: je partage un script qui permet de modifier le crosshair quand un joueur est proche dans le jeu .
Certain diront que c'est un cheat car on peut parfois voir un joueur arriver derriere un mur selon certaine texture du jeu .
Je pense que c'est la faute des mappers qui ont crée les mauvaises textures .
Sur certain map ,c'est un avantage .
Les mappers doivent corriger ces bug .
Je prefere partager le script pour que chaque joueur puissent etre au meme niveau .
D'une autre maniere ,il existe une commande dgbtiles qui fait a peu pres la meme chose .

Bonne chance les devellopeurs ^^
Il faut parfois vous pousser dans vos retranchement pour bouger les choses
Je vous ai prevenu 2 jours à l'avance mais personne ne me repond :)

mapstartalways = [sleep 100 [control;dbgstenc 2]]
control = [if ( (|| (strstr $conline "playermodels") (strstr $conline "weapons")) ) [loadcrosshair teammate.png;sleep 100 [control]][sleep 100 [control;loadcrosshair default.png]]]

So you basically created a bug with your script and then blame mappers for making shitty textures?
First off, I do not think it's textures related but more on the walls thickness and that my friend it is sometimes unavoidable, the same goes for getting hurt by a grenade behind a wall because that wall is only one cube thick.
You also say that you warned the devs about it two days in advance and got no reply? Things don't get rushed here, we all do things on our spare time so you can't expect to be answered at the snap of a finger but sure with time some will come up with a fix for that.
Thanks given by:
what is dbgstenc?

replace "default.png" by yours.
the script doesnt work for me neither btw <3
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 12, 06:44AM)Edward Wrote: what is dbgstenc?

replace "default.png" by yours.
the script doesnt work for me neither btw <3

Maybe its because I dont understand french <3
HELP ME YOU FWENCHIES, GOOGLE TRANSLATE SUCKS.
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 12, 06:09PM)IloveAC:D Wrote: Maybe its because I dont understand french <3
HELP ME YOU FWENCHIES, GOOGLE TRANSLATE SUCKS.

(03 Dec 12, 05:51PM)888 Wrote: For French people,
I share a script which allow you to modify your crosshair when a player is near of you.
Some people will say that it is a cheat because sometimes we can see a player behind a wall depending on the texture.
I think it it because of mappers who created bad textures.
On some maps, it is an advantage.
Mappers have to fix these bugs.
I share this script because I want each player to play with the same advantages.
The dgbtiles command do approximatively the same thing.

Good luck devs ^^
blablabla hard to translate
I warn you 2 days before but nobody is answering me.

DOES IT HELPS YOU?
btw i tried dbgstenc 2 and I dont see any difference
Thanks given by:
edit
Thanks given by: