Spike problems.
Hi guys, after playing AC for years i started to get screen spikes, it looks like i have 5 fps but i actually have around 400, i tried everything, nothing helps... these spikes come and dissapear every time and it is really very annoying, and i dont think it's a problem with my PC cause it happends ONLY in Sauerbraten and AssaultCube(and it started only like 1 month ago ), i play other games like UrT,CrossFire,etc..and it works very clear there.. anybody has any idea?
Thanks given by:
Cube started disliking you...
Thanks given by:
oups
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 12, 07:40PM)Skaelos Wrote: Cube started disliking you...

but yeah you should check your router
Thanks given by:
Is it lag spikes or moments of some sort of graphical problem? I have experienced screen lag/jitter from both having my antivirus scanning and having my GPU's fan start to fail/stop due to dust. Seems like an obvious step but have you tried re-installing AC?
Thanks given by:
It is not LAG spikes, as i mentioned in the thread i have screen spikes, yes BigGunz i have feeling of some sort of graphical problem but it defiently is not a graphical problem. Alot of people said that it is most likely my GPU, but i dunno why it happends only in cube engine games then? why i can still play games that are graphicaly better than assaultcube clearly? really wierd..

quick edit: yeah i tried reinstalling and i said it happends in sauerbraten too.( so reinstalling is useless)
Thanks given by:
updating graphics drivers?
Thanks given by:
Do you cap your fps? If not, try it (has to be stable) and check if that helps.
Thanks given by:
happens to me for some reason. Its not that you lag its that you have to many things open on your computer. Left click on the bottom and click show task manager and End some processes. It works for me every time.
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 12, 12:56AM)bballn45 Wrote: happens to me for some reason. Its not that you lag its that you have to many things open on your computer. Left click on the bottom and click show task manager and End some processes. It works for me every time.

The reason for this is some of your computer memory is used to help out your graphics alongside the dedicated video memory in the chipset itself. If your computer uses all of its memory up for applications, it starts to draw on the shared video memory putting all the work on your GPU instead of getting help from the computer.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 12, 05:18PM)BunnySoul Wrote: Hi guys, after playing AC for years i started to get screen spikes, it looks like i have 5 fps but i actually have around 400, i tried everything, nothing helps... these spikes come and dissapear every time and it is really very annoying, and i dont think it's a problem with my PC cause it happends ONLY in Sauerbraten and AssaultCube(and it started only like 1 month ago ), i play other games like UrT,CrossFire,etc..and it works very clear there.. anybody has any idea?

does this happen mostly when you retrieve a flag/return a flag/try to frag someone? i get that a shit ton
Thanks given by:
@MerCyKiL, i dunno i think it just happends randomly.
Thanks given by:
i suggest you to format your pc, its is a pain in the neck but it works
Thanks given by:
Nah, i won't format my pc just because of AC, as i mentioned earlier i still think it is some problem with the cube engine, otherwise how would you explain that i play better games than this with Clean gameplay?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a resolution problem. Try different (probably lower) resolution settings in AC.
Thanks given by:
Are you on Linux, Mac or Windows ?
I ask because on linux nvidia every now and then releases a buggy video driver, never on windows thou. I come to a point where I had to install XP that I only use for AC, but I had some issues with Windows 7...
Thanks given by:
Are you playing at ridiculously high fps on AC like 1000fps?
Thanks given by: