How can KiWi.ac (New Zealand) servers be improved?
Hi everyone.

I've had a lot of ideas on how to improve the KiWi.ac servers over the years. However, I'd like to hear from you.

What can I do that will improve my servers for everyone? I want them to be as popular as possible, so anything is on the table.

To see what I've already got, head along to http://kiwi.ac

Cheers :)
Thanks given by:
Increase match severs from 6 players per server to 12 or 16 players, perhaps an alteration in the maprot too, as well actually allowing votes to be placed on your public servers.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, maybe I'll change one to 8 max clients; the other to 14; the pubs to 20?

Does this work, has what I got now good, would something else suit better?

As to allowing votes, they do this already with exception to the CTF server - I can fix this, just never thought about fixing it before. So, it will be done.
Thanks given by:
that may work, although i would rather just cut down a server to increase to more max clients in the match server to be honest.

Other then that i've hot no problems with any of your servers and enjoy when im able to play in them, although trying to kick players and vote maps can sometimes become a bother :)
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 12, 12:18PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Hmm, maybe I'll change one to 8 max clients; the other to 14; the pubs to 20?

I would personally like to see the following:

12MC, 12MC, 14MC, MC = Max clients

It's good for match servers to have a decent number of slots so that you can allow say a 3v3 and spectators if they join or even the occasional massive inter. Public servers imo shouldn't have more than 14 slots seeing as anything more is way overwhelming and 14 borderlines that.
Thanks given by:
Show the revision of the TRUNK in the server´s title :D

Also you could use the fancy assaultcube:// links on your homepage ;)
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 12, 09:46PM)ärkefiende Wrote: Show the revision of the TRUNK in the server´s title :D

Also you could use the fancy assaultcube:// links on your homepage ;)

I can probably do this... but is the date of last update (in MOTD) not enough?
Thanks given by:
lua mod
Thanks given by:
The date differs a bit due to the timezone and having it in the server means you don´t have to connect if it´s outdated ;)
(especially nice when you´re looking for the most up to date server)
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 12, 11:51PM)ärkefiende Wrote: The date differs a bit due to the timezone and having it in the server means you don´t have to connect if it´s outdated ;)
(especially nice when you´re looking for the most up to date server)

Updated...

$(grep "At revision" /path/to/logfiles/SVN-update-$(date +%F).log | tail -1 | grep -oE "[[:digit:]]{1,}")

(That scripting, grabs the revision number that gets logged by the auto-updater).
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 12, 11:39PM)Edward Wrote: lua mod

If you're talking about using lua to do the revision number, there's no need to complicate things to do that, as shown above.

... if you mean something else, please elaborate.
Thanks given by:
I guess he means the lua server mod ...
Thanks given by:
I would say, |NZ|Pohutukawa, 16 slots, same maprots than the 1.0, same epic lag, and the HI-Skill. No way it was one of the funnier part of AC.

[Image: 29238c10.png]

http://i16.servimg.com/u/f16/14/56/91/16/1_bmp10.jpg
Thanks given by:
Yep servers with lua mod are really nice. For example some gema servers running lua mod are able to detect a killer, to take his IP and to ban him (also add the IP to the blacklist for some of them). It would be useful for teamkillers or hackers.

You can customize your server and it is very easy. Here is one of the lua mod I know : http://sveark.info/ac/Lua/
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 12, 11:48PM)Edward Wrote: Yep servers with lua mod are really nice. For example some gema servers running lua mod are able to detect a killer, to take his IP and to ban him (also add the IP to the blacklist for some of them). It would be useful for teamkillers or hackers.

You can customize your server and it is very easy. Here is one of the lua mod I know : http://sveark.info/ac/Lua/

... nope to lua mod.
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 12, 11:48PM)Edward Wrote: For example some gema servers running lua mod are able to detect a killer, to take his IP and to ban him (also add the IP to the blacklist for some of them).

If all killers are detected, the blacklist file will weight over 9000.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 12, 09:54PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(28 Nov 12, 11:48PM)Edward Wrote: For example some gema servers running lua mod are able to detect a killer, to take his IP and to ban him (also add the IP to the blacklist for some of them).

If all killers are detected, the blacklist file will weight over 9000.

I guess you are joking. Here I was talking about gema servers but you can script what you want. Some server use lua to make a ladder or to add moderators. Also kiwi said nope
Thanks given by:
Call the pub server LADDER |NZ|Pohutukawa, with 16 slots.
Maprot: ctf Shine, Sunset, Power, Desert3, Arid, Gothic, Ingress, Avenue.

its possible that the server refuse the vote of certain maps and modes? you should do it
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 07:51PM)YourSister Wrote: its possible that the server refuse the vote of certain maps and modes? you should do it

yep with -AN
Thanks given by:
More magnets!
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 07:51PM)YourSister Wrote: Call the pub server LADDER |NZ|Pohutukawa, with 16 slots.
Maprot: ctf Shine, Sunset, Power, Desert3, Arid, Gothic, Ingress, Avenue.

its possible that the server refuse the vote of certain maps and modes? you should do it

This is a great idea and one that I feel would benefit the server greatly. Chuck ac_outpost into that map rot as well.

Do you/are you able to disable autoteam on your servers, Kiwi? Just wondering as on many other servers the sudden team jumble mid-game can be off-putting.
Thanks given by: