Australian Server
Hello to all you Cubers, some of you may remember me from earlier this year, I'm back and have a spare VPS available, capable of hosting a 20 man server. I have the means, time and flexibility to run a server, I just need to know the following:

I'm just curious if there are any Australian/Kiwi players left and if you wanted a new public server?

If the above answer is yes, then what type of gametypes/maps would you like to play?

Does anyone have any maps that they would like me to include on the server?

Does anyone want an admin position?

Any objections to setting up a server, if so what is your objection?

Thanking you kindly,

Lnx
Thanks given by:
Hi lnx. Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but here's my two cents:

From what I've seen, Australian servers don't get used much. And if they do, they're often just used to mapvote a CTF douze server or TOSOK desert. Were you looking into making it a specific game mode server or just for general use?

The main problem I've seen is that whilst there is no where near as many Oceanic players as everywhere else, many players from other countries will come into the server, see that they have terrible ping, and leave. Meaning that only the Oceanic players will end up staying and even then it would be a 2-3 man game. I haven't been as active as I used to be however so someone pleace correct me if this is no longer the case.

Personally, I'd love to see another all CTF server. Really, anything like THE HUB used to be when HI-SKILL was still around. I miss that server.

Interested to read other people's thoughts.
Thanks given by:
Just make the server run all the generic CTF maps, Shine,d3,depot,elevation,gothic, etc et etc simple maprot we will go there if its a good server ie doesnt lag etc, if not.. then probably won't.
Thanks given by: