AssaultCube Raped (Again)
Hello Mods and Devs, pointed out by nightmare here it seems it was too of-topic to get some sort of attention...

Some french dude raped our fav game, look here... Modern Assault I wanted to report him but I don't remember my account details on the SourceForge website so I let you guys take the necessary actions.
Thanks given by:
I reported it
Thanks given by:
The zip wasn't working for me, what is the difference exactly? :3
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I already reported it as well (two months ago or so)
If they would just do a real mod it would be okay ... but not like this.
Thanks given by:
How popular is it? (i.e. how many times has it been downloaded? You can check that on sourceforge right?)
Thanks given by:
74 dl and 20 this week.
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 02:32PM)Nightmare Wrote: The zip wasn't working for me, what is the difference exactly? :3
Nothing much really, different ugly weapons (can't move if you use scope with sniper lol) and 2 of RoadRunner's house mapmodels
Thanks given by:
Was it reported for just being just a shitty 'mod' or because it do violates a license? I do think an AC developer should clarify this.
Thanks given by:
Going by cleaner saying almost nothing is different, I'd say it's license violation :p
Thanks given by:
License violation ;)
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 08:15PM)ärkefiende Wrote: License violation ;)
So it was a license issue, well I asked because of the second statement of your previous post ;) but now that you've clarified, thank you.

It seems it is much difficult to follow a license in order to fork assault cube, this is the second attempt in doing so (I think) Both of them extremely frowned upon. Can you tell exaclty what term(s) of the license(s) was violated this time? It would serve to someone trying to fork AC ;)
Thanks given by:
in this case it's not a fork but a mod (only media is changed). the problem is he uploads the full package with all the media (his and the assaultcube media). for most of the media only WE got the permission to use it for assaultcube (we're not the authors). he just could have used the --mod argument and everything would be fine ...
Thanks given by: