License for YouTube Videos
I wanna ask how to get the license to make videos about assaultcube and earn a little money with it?
Thanks given by:
earn money? with youtube? well gl
i dont think you need license to make video about assaultcube an dpublish them btw.
Thanks given by:
If you want to get $ on youtube you're going to have to get popular and eventually become a partner, that way they will start paying you an x amount of cents per viewer. I can't remember how many subscribers you needed to be considered, but it's something like that. AFAIK you don't need any type of license to post assaultcube videos, they are already all spread around Youtube and there hasn't been a problem, as long as you don't claim the game yours I guess.
Thanks given by:
hm, I am youtube partner right now. But i wanted to hear that from the developers :D
Thanks given by:
Yeah you need LOADS of subs to start making money.
I am monetised and partenered but not making a penny lol.
*Shamessless channel plug here*
Thanks given by:
So I wasn't the only one thinking of makin g commentaries on AC.
Thanks given by:
Technically, everyone needs a license to make YouTube videos, but Rockstar Games is the only major publisher who enforce it.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 12, 11:00PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Yeah you need LOADS of subs to start making money.

I understand now why you spam the forum with your gameplay (jk:p)
Thanks given by:
MG: tell me how you can get 79 subs and 400 000 views.
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 11:40AM)Mystered Wrote: MG: tell me how you can get 79 subs and 400 000 views.
You make fake accounts and sub to yourself, and refresh your video page over and over again.
Thanks given by:
About what kind of videos are we talking?

And who do you expect to give you money? We (devs) or youtube?
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 05:08PM)ärkefiende Wrote: And who do you expect to give you money? We (devs) or youtube?
Preferably both ;).
The more the merrier!
Thanks given by:
lol of course youtube will pay money:D
So but if youtube pay money, i would need a license for ac
Thanks given by:
Good, because we don´t earn money ourselves :P

Still, what kind of videos will it be? If you earn something with it, here´s the place to spend all the money: Click! :P
Thanks given by:
How do you change your youtube username?!
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 12, 11:00PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Yeah you need LOADS of subs to start making money.

Adblocked your page and your page only. Share some money with me and you earn the removal.
Thanks given by:
OMG! I have already read some real BS on this forum but this certainly deserve the gold medal of stupidity.

Seriously I am appalled that some greedy people can come up here and ask how to make money out of AssaultCube, a game that from the early start has dedicated itself to be entirely free of charge for all although quite a few people here have spend a lot of time and some of they own money towards it!!!
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 12, 08:25AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: OMG! I have already read some real BS on this forum but this certainly deserve the gold medal of stupidity.

Seriously I am appalled that some greedy people can come up here and ask how to make money out of AssaultCube, a game that from the early start has dedicated itself to be entirely free of charge for all although quite a few people here have spend a lot of time and some of they own money towards it!!!

Posting random videos is not hard but making good videos is. You will have to spend a lot of time and probably money.

Tbh I dont think assaultcube is popular enough to do a lot of views with videos (like mw3 or bo2 for exemple). The most popular assaultcube's video is the IAF clan video with a bit more than 150 000 views and it has been posted since more than 2 years. Maybe he will be able to win money but srsly, not much.

Has you said, this game is free and I dont think people should pay taxes when they want to do something related to this game. He will have the money from youtube, not from assaultcube so you dont lose anything. He will just promote assaultcube through videos. If he can win money it is cool for him so dont hate.
Thanks given by:
Whether it's greed or not you won't get any of it, you don't have to care then do you?
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 12, 03:49PM)Edward Wrote:
(26 Nov 12, 08:25AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: OMG! I have already read some real BS on this forum but this certainly deserve the gold medal of stupidity.

Posting random videos is not hard but making good videos is. You will have to spend a lot of time and probably money.

Tbh I dont think assaultcube is popular enough to do a lot of views with videos (like mw3 or bo2 for exemple). The most popular assaultcube's video is the IAF clan video with a bit more than 150 000 views and it has been posted since more than 2 years. Maybe he will be able to win money but srsly, not much.

Has you said, this game is free and I dont think people should pay taxes when they want to do something related to this game. He will have the money from youtube, not from assaultcube so you dont lose anything. He will just promote assaultcube through videos. If he can win money it is cool for him so dont hate.

ty Edward exactly that i meant
Thanks given by:
You´re free to do so (as long as you don´t claim to be official)
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 12, 11:15PM)ärkefiende Wrote: You´re free to do so (as long as you don´t claim to be official)
What ärke means is that you're free to use the AssaultCube name and media in your YouTube videos, provided you only say nice things about it, and you donate 10% of your earnings from AC related activities to the AC project. :)
Thanks given by:
Not enough funds?
0.1€ per two months to keep Central Blacklisted a cheater.
Hire John Carmack to develop id Tech 9 for AssacultCube, buy Zenimax Media Inc., so they can develop AssaultCube2, buy Epic Games, Inc so that they can develop AssaultCube3 (with Unreal Technology 6th generation, of course) and with the remaining earnings, save Africa from starvation.

Edit: I'll give you 1€ + 1€ as a bonus, if you start with Xenon :D
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 12, 02:48PM)jamz Wrote:
(26 Nov 12, 11:15PM)ärkefiende Wrote: You´re free to do so (as long as you don´t claim to be official)
What ärke means is that you're free to use the AssaultCube name and media in your YouTube videos, provided you only say nice things about it, and you donate 10% of your earnings from AC related activities to the AC project. :)

:D
So exact this i wanted to know :) ty guys

I dont REALLY think that i will earn money with assaultcube videos, but nevertheless I will try to make nice videos :D Ty for your answers
Thanks given by:

IDK why I never subscribed b4, But I just did, cause I always watch your vids. Count me a Myke fan ;-)
Thanks given by: