telephone wires.
hey guys. for an upcoming map, i really want to add some telephone wires that go from building to building. unfortunately, after searching through .cfg files of maps that have these wires, i cannot find the mapmodel number that makes a wire.

are these wires actually map models? or something else?

if theyre mapmodels, where can i get them?
and if theyre something else, how do i get them?

i think this maps gonna be my best one yet :D
Thanks given by:
The reason you can't find the number that makes them appear is because they are not enabled in the default map configuration (which I believe is named default_map_settings.cfg, although I'm not 100% sure.) Anyways, you'll need to make a custom cfg specifically for your map that includes the power lines if you want to use them. They should be commented out somewhere in the aforementioned default map configuration.
Thanks given by:
They are called "wires/3x8", "wires/2x8", "wires/4x8a" and "wires/4x8" so simply add at the bottom mapmodels list of your custom cfg
mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "wires/3x8" (or whatever wire size) the number of the mapmodel will then be obvious.
Thanks given by:
// mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "wires/3x8"            // Different sizes of power lines, specific to ac_power.
// mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "wires/2x8"            // Different sizes of power lines, specific to ac_power.
// mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "wires/4x8a"        // Different sizes of power lines, specific to ac_power.
// mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "wires/4x8"            // Different sizes of power lines, specific to ac_power.

Delete all "//" and you'r done.
Thanks given by:
ok thank you guys. for some reason i thought these mapmodels were referring to the green, white, and red wires you see popping out of electric boxes on ac_power. then i realized that the green, white, and red wires are actually a texture....
Thanks given by:
This is the case with the icicles on ac_arctic..
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 12:51PM)MykeGregory Wrote: This is the case with the icicles on ac_arctic..
Indeed, just add this line at the list end of mapmodels
mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "icicle" //(add number here for reference)
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 01:49PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:
(25 Nov 12, 12:51PM)MykeGregory Wrote: This is the case with the icicles on ac_arctic..
Indeed, just add this line at the list end of mapmodels
mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "icicle" //(add number here for reference)

What about the sail/suspended blanket thing? lol
mapmodel 87 57?
Thanks given by:
Quote:MykeGregory:

What about the sail/suspended blanket thing? lol
mapmodel 87 57?

That's another model that's not in the default_map_settings.cfg

Add this to your map.cfg

mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "sail" //mapmodelnumber

BAM, done.
Thanks given by:
Same goes for quite a few mapmodels, minecraft, minecart, rails and so on.
Basically any extra mapmodel you want to onto your map if not on the default_map.cfg has to be added

Check docs or AKIMBO for full details on how to... lol
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 12, 10:01PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Same goes for quite a few mapmodels, minecraft, minecart, rails and so on.

[Image: Steve_3147805.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: minecrafti.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20110511.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20110415.jpg]
[Image: 20111217.jpg]
Thanks given by:
* MykeGregory posts offtopic picture...
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 12, 08:40AM)Orynge Wrote: ac_mc

maplink plz.
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 12, 11:45PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ...
Ask Exoduss, on memory he hasn't finished it.
Thanks given by:
The real map (with the bed and the crafting table) counts only 2 rooms, nothing more yet. :p
Thanks given by: