Sandy
Hurricane?
Psh.
Sandy ain't got nothing on this guy.
[Image: 220px-Herman_Cain_by_Gage_Skidmore_4.jpg]

Anywho.
What are your weird and wacky experiences with nature? (Storms, environment, who knows what).

As we speak Miss Sandy is just 200mi away from my town. Let's hunker down, gents.
Thanks given by:
Very windy right now. Gonna stand outside when it gets bad to experience the beauty of nature.
<3
Thanks given by:
ShadowFlameZ Wrote:What are your weird and wacky experiences with nature?
nothing special, just a funny little earthquake when i was a kid. europe ftw. :P

good luck to the guys who live there btw.
Thanks given by:
having to shovel 2 feet of snow at the alston railway 2009!
Good times...
[Image: 162610_165852026784117_1763293_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Saw a collapsed crane on TV for this approaching storm. Good stuff construction crew.
Thanks given by:
[Image: tumblr_mcm38kVUUK1r0meito1_500.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was there like 3 years ago when there was a flood in Ulaanbaatar. Half of the outskirts where completely washed away. It was purely due to heavy rainfall and storm. Quite amazing what weather can do with the lives of people.
Thanks given by:
[Image: hurricanesandy.png]
Thanks given by:
Well where do I start? I have experienced a flood, multiple tornadoes, a few hurricanes, a wild fire, a dust storm, a freak blizzard, and a several drought that dried up all of our drinking water when I was a child. Most of those in recent years I have went out and experienced under my own free choice or to help with storm relief efforts. Last year in April my state had the 2nd tornado outbreak in United States history. The majority of that was focused around areas I grew up in. I consider myself pretty lucky to not have any major injuries or house damages from all of those things.
Thanks given by:
(29 Oct 12, 11:33PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: Well where do I start? I have experienced a flood, multiple tornadoes, a few hurricanes, a wild fire, a dust storm, a freak blizzard, and a several drought that dried up all of our drinking water when I was a child. Most of those in recent years I have went out and experienced under my own free choice or to help with storm relief efforts. Last year in April my state had the 2nd tornado outbreak in United States history. The majority of that was focused around areas I grew up in. I consider myself pretty lucky to not have any major injuries or house damages from all of those things.

damn... and yet your still alive...
Thanks given by:
In Melbourne, over the past few years, we've experience a number of minor earthquakes. Somehow, either by sleeping or being adequately far away at the time, I've managed to be unaware of any of them, at least until my family members go on about them.
Thanks given by:
I only experienced hurricanes all my life. Hurricane Ivan, Dennis, Katrina, Rita, Ike, and some tropical storms. Hurricane Katrina & Rita actually destroyed and flooded my house, so I had to live on our trawl boat that kinda looks like this: trawl boat.
After a few months, I was sent to my aunt & uncle to get my education (I was in 3rd grade). After 2 years, I went back to my parents.
Thanks given by:
Ball lightning.
Thanks given by:
Sandy has hit here in ohio, my first hurricane, no school closings for me though :/
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 12, 12:30AM)Frogulis Wrote: In Melbourne, over the past few years, we've experience a number of minor earthquakes. Somehow, either by sleeping or being adequately far away at the time, I've managed to be unaware of any of them, at least until my family members go on about them.

Being in Melbourne too, I strongly believe that our "earthquakes" don't even deserve a mention...
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 12, 06:32AM)XFA Wrote: Being in Melbourne too, I strongly believe that our "earthquakes" don't even deserve a mention...

Sounds more like Reno
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 12, 06:32AM)XFA Wrote:
(30 Oct 12, 12:30AM)Frogulis Wrote: In Melbourne, over the past few years, we've experience a number of minor earthquakes. Somehow, either by sleeping or being adequately far away at the time, I've managed to be unaware of any of them, at least until my family members go on about them.
Being in Melbourne too, I strongly believe that our "earthquakes" don't even deserve a mention...
ARE YOU KIDDING?
That earthquake (the rest have been tremors) collapsed an entire shelf in an IGA!

(We also had the 100 year storm, which wasn't too bad. Just a lot of flooding.)
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 12, 08:09AM)Orynge Wrote:
(30 Oct 12, 06:32AM)XFA Wrote:
ARE YOU KIDDING?
That earthquake (the rest have been tremors) collapsed an entire shelf in an IGA!

(We also had the 100 year storm, which wasn't too bad. Just a lot of flooding.)

Not to mention the tennis ball size hail stones, that broke my dads car windows/our house windows..
Thanks given by:
i was at Madeira (Island) when there was this flood in 2010
Thanks given by:
Sandy was pretty weak here. National Grid knocked down some power lines to make the storm look bad, so more people watch news channels, which makes them all money. So the storm was created by the fatcat corporations. Which somehow leads to jamz being the culprit.
Thanks given by:
Aus has had
Drought
Firestorm
Tropical tornadoes up north
Floods
Cane Toad infestation and
Funnel webb spiders are now migrating further across aus, mostly south.
Thanks given by:
Fucking spiders in Australia should be considered a natural disaster.
[Image: health_bar_spider.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 12, 11:34PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: img

Lol, what does Australian spiders have to do with natural disasters?
Thanks given by:
(31 Oct 12, 12:17AM)ChO Wrote:
(30 Oct 12, 11:34PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: img

Lol, what does Australian spiders have to do with natural disasters?
Everything.
Thanks given by:
Next Aus player I interview will be asked if their spiders do indeed have health bars
Thanks given by:
Hurricane has a woman's name because when they take away your car, your home...
Thanks given by:
School cancelled this whole week.
\o/.
Gotta get get...into cawlidge.
Thanks given by:
As an Aucklander.... disasters?
Thanks given by:
A full-sized kiwi flock invasion.
Thanks given by:
It's not an invasion if they're already there :P
(Aussies, correct me if I'm wrong).
Thanks given by: