Unable to post in the ingame chat
Hello, Im writing here with the hope that a dev or another type of genius can solve this very strange problem Im encountering in AssaultCube.

First of all, for some reason I use space instead of enter for the menu. You know, for choosing "Multiplayer" and such. Its like this by default. I downloaded and installed the game yesterday because I wanted to make a comeback, but this peculiar dysfunction is giving me second thoughts.. I used to play it on my old computer, which stopped working and I never had any problems.
Anyway, I can press "t" and type something but whereas you then press enter to submit your typing to the ingame chat, I have to use space. Which then of course types a space, as it is supposed to. When I press enter nothing happens. Enter has absolutely no function in the game.

Now, Ive tried looking at my keymap.cfg file, and it looks exactly as it should look. Same goes for my resetbinds.cfg file. Ive asked SKB on irc how his looked, and there was no difference. I had X_Ray_Dog help me via TeamViewer but he couldnt figure it out either.
Funny detail, I tried changing keymap 32, the one called SPACE, to RETURN but that set the jumping and menu key to RCTRL. Which makes absolutely no sense either.
Im on a Windows 7 laptop, with a very regular keyboard.

Hope someone can figure this puzzle out, because Im clueless.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
You are trying to chat in server browser, am I right?
Thanks given by:
Yeah Mael, its me:) Are you still active?!?

I dont know if you are right, FleshyPod, Im not really sure what you mean with the term "server browser".
Thanks given by:
You probably have a weird keyboard layout. You'd have to try and fix that outside of AC. Within AC, there's nothing you can do about this unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
Well, what can I do outside of AC then?

The layout is somewhat weird, but I havent had problems in any other games so ya..
Thanks given by:
Depends on your operating system, but I guess temporarily setting the layout to US or something would fix it.
Thanks given by:
okay did that, nothings changed.
Thanks given by:
Try this : open ac in windowed mode and open on screen keyboard(from accesories menu) if clicking enter with mouse works, thats keyboard fault.
You can also try bind enter to another key by external program, unfortunelly i dont know good app to propose.
Thanks given by: