posting in the wrong section like you all do
Yo,
Some people told me not to do this thread because it was stupid and useless. Thus I decided to do it. Enjoy ...

I just want to bitch about the mean forum admins who banned me.
Quote:Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: Strong sexually themed forum avatar
I must admit that I was pretty surprised when I saw this. It is not really the ban reason that miss me. I guess my avatar was to twisted and dark for you and your church group to get and I should stay away from edgy, intelligent humor and stick to knock-knock. I'M SO SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOUR PURITAN VALUES.
What I do not understand is how you took so long before banning me? I had this avatar since several weeks. So apparently it did not bother anyone. To really understand what my avatar was about, you had to look at my profile. If people look at my profile, that's their problem. I did not forced them to do so... I hope you appreciate my new avatar btw. The dog is still here <3

While I am on bitching against devs, I would say something about the development of AssaultCube because I know many are thinking like me (for once).
At first I thought my opinion mattered. I even started to post in the topic "Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)". You can read some of my posts here and here.
I was very happy to share in the development of AC but over weeks and updates, I realized that this topic had only one goal : to convince the idiots like me that their views were taken into account. A great way to force people to shut up and allow developers to make shit in peace.
However, one of the admins must have felt that we started to understand and came to give us a choice. Of course it was just to keep us busy. The choice had already been made, and although most people disagreed with this choice, it was not a problem. The magic BAN button can fix all problems. I laugh at myself each time I read this post.
Later, I received a PM rather friendly encouraging me to test the svn because "a lot of changes had been made." Obviously when I checked, I realized that nothing had changed.

I know that this post will not make me more friendly to you guys so I will not pretend that I am writing this to give you advices about how you could manage better this forum. The truth is that I dont give a fuck anymore ... In fact, most people on this forum who are self-proclaimed "official AssaultCube community" are not the people I play with.

To all mindless followers (you can easily recognize them, they quote pieces of text out of context and make funny comments) : Do not be too harsh with me. I just wanna be like you and integrate myself. Besides, I swear that from now, I will try to be a good little mindless follower and goose-step to the Fuher's orders like all of you. And if you insult me in this topic, maybe mods will give you some moderation power or cool admin stuff so do it as much as possible in this tread.

Quote:My house, My rules
Remember this sentence. This is the motto of the dev team and was made by one of them!

J'incarne la communauté qui souffre. Je ne parle pas pour elle, je parle en elle.
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 12, 04:36PM)Edward Wrote:
Quote:My house, My rules
Remember this sentence. This is the motto of the dev team and was made by one of them!

And why else would there be forum mods? They're here to create and enforce the rules. Maybe you considered a kid fucking a dog as "intelligent humor", but maybe the mods saw it as inappropriate content to be spread across their house. Just, think.

No offense intended, no butthurt or anything, just be a bit more cautious and try to stick to the rules. Is not hard.
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 12, 04:44PM)Z3R0 Wrote: And why else would there be forum mods? They're here to create and enforce the rules. Maybe you considered a kid fucking a dog as "intelligent humor", but maybe the mods saw it as inappropriate content to be spread across their house. Just, think.

not wrong. I am not someone very clever. It was funny according to me. But they could have asked me to remove it instead of insta-ban dont you think?
Thanks given by:
If your warning level goes above 70% you are automatically banned for three days. It may not have been that someone banned you for the avatar, it may be that you were given points and crossed the 70% line.

I think the avatar is funny. But you must know that this thread is not going to end well. You could take it up with a mod in private.
Thanks given by:
qq lad
Thanks given by:
Yeah, this thread really has no point besides your bitch fest.

You should be thankful to know that I didn't warn you again, I just removed the avatar. Replace it and I'll be happing to add a few warning points.

Also, get over yourself.
Thanks given by: