AC ignores system brightness setting
I don't think it's entirely AC's fault -- reading around it seems as though a mixture of Windows Vista/7 and Nvidia ' method of handling graphics functions called by certain programs (AC included) This doesn't happen on all fullscreen games.

I got a new monitor and had to use the Nvidia settings to edit brightness because the monitor wasn't bright enough on its own. Problem is when I start AC these settings go to default when the game is running.

It's really weird cause you can alt+tab out and for a second you can see the intended colors. Or if you have it windowed and go to another application (it resets when you go back to AC)

It's really annoying because the gamma command alone can't make it appear at the correct brightness. Too high and shadows look fugly.

If no one knows how to address this thread I'd be happy enough if you go to AC, type "/fullscreen 0" and quit AC, then start AC again observing your desktop to see if the colors change when AC starts. (May do nothing if you don't have software color management like Nvidia since it just defaults)

I remember someone was asking about graphics tweaking via .dll injection -- that'd be cool if someone knew one that works with AC.
Thanks given by:
Whenever I leave the game, "Alt + Tab" to return the brightness decreases. So I need to use / gamma ...
The number I use does not work again, example:
If I use / gamma 185 and get out of the game "Alt + Tab", the back is dark again. And if i put again / gamma 185, nothing happens. I need to use another number, such as / gamma 186, or others.

Win7 - Video Graphics Intel 4 Series Express Mobile - build in
Thanks given by:
What I see when mappers forget the light (or map with /gamma 200).
Where is the blue? No it's black in a black font.

[Image: 20120356.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bump to find more people with similar problems/solutions. I wonder if this problem is specific to my monitor as I never noticed it with my CRT.
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 12, 05:48AM)1Cap Wrote: Whenever I leave the game, "Alt + Tab" to return the brightness decreases. So I need to use / gamma ...
The number I use does not work again, example:
If I use / gamma 185 and get out of the game "Alt + Tab", the back is dark again. And if i put again / gamma 185, nothing happens. I need to use another number, such as / gamma 186, or others.

Same.. on Windows 7 computer anyway.
Thanks given by:
I only just noticed this problem occurs only in 1.1.0.4.
It is fixed in SVN \o/
At least the problem I was having.
Thanks given by:
If i change the IGN gamma, a minute or less latter, the gamma will switch to 100 agin and again, and i must type another gamma value (even if it's already to 100) before pick a new value.
So i made this one line script, and it works...but...
alias "gammma" [gamma 199; sleep 10 "gamma 200"; sleep 1000 "gammma"]
Thanks given by: