[split] WYMMO Discussion.
These threads are great for AC. RandumKiwi for de..oh.
I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do here, but can I upvote mojave2? I kinda like that map.
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 12, 09:24AM)Frogulis Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do here, but can I upvote . . .
(21 Oct 12, 09:28PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: All maps will be put into a poll later for the public to vote upon.
Thanks given by:
-God luck! :P
Thanks given by:
Okay, just because RandumKiwi has released a thread that allows us to nominate our map, it does not mean that you should nominate any map. I don't mean to be a debbie downer ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMnMSpGx...re=related ), but realistically here the only map that has the potential to be official is venison. On the other hand, I feel this will lag on several systems and whilst I like the out of play areas, some of these (regrettably) need to be cut out.
Thanks given by:
There is no problem to nominating a map you think is good. In all likelyhood, if a map that has been discussed about in the past pops up here, the consensus that was made in the past will be what happens to these maps.
Thanks given by:
(23 Oct 12, 08:07PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: ...
There is a saying: If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut. This "I know all" attitude is the reason why ppl don't wanna share their work with the community. This is an awesome idea: ppl can post their work and community votes for the best. Donno why it bothers you!
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 12, 09:28PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Rules for this thread
What is the last day we can submit a map?
Thanks given by:
Quote:I feel this will lag on several systems and whilst I like the out of play areas, some of these (regrettably) need to be cut out.

Technically everything which is not in your view, or behind solid walls doesn't affect your fps.

If you go again through the map, you will notice that is considered. (You can make areas solid you think which affect your fps and compare the difference)

New maps should also advertise the game and basically Systems get better and not worse. So thinking forward isn't wrong. Don't forget it will pass a lot time, for another next release.

The sense of that kind of mapping was, that you play on playground in a environment which gives a great atmosphere.

If there are more questions, feel free to PM me.
Thanks given by:
(23 Oct 12, 10:30PM)YesWeCamp Wrote:
(21 Oct 12, 09:28PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Rules for this thread
What is the last day we can submit a map?

This thread is intended to be ongoing. I'll be putting the voting threads in waves. If you've nominated your map once, it will continue to be added to the voting threads (unless voted for) over and over.

I hadn't thought of the date for the first voting thread, but, eh... 14th of November-ish sounds good enough.
Thanks given by:
(23 Oct 12, 10:18PM)RAMPAGE Wrote:
There is a saying: If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut. This "I know all" attitude is the reason why ppl don't wanna share their work with the community. This is an awesome idea: ppl can post their work and community votes for the best. Donno why it bothers you!

There is another saying; 'The truth hurts.'

I didn't say anything along the lines of "I know everything", but a collection of maps of varying quality will thin out the results with biased votes and such. We want a definite decision on a map that should be official, not a map that has one more vote than the poorest map suggested.
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 12, 07:42PM)Snoosnoo Wrote:

I didn't say anything along the lines of "I know everything", but a collection of maps of varying quality will thin out the results with biased votes and such. We want a definite decision on a map that should be official, not a map that has one more vote than the poorest map suggested.

when the subject of a thread pertains to the future of this game, such as deciding official maps, i think SnooSnoo has a point here.
Thanks given by:
^ The last say on if a map is put into AC or not still remains with the developers. If we don't think the voted map is good enough, we'll move onto the next one.
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 12, 09:12PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: ^ The last say on if a map is put into AC or not still remains with the developers. If we don't think the voted map is good enough, we'll move onto the next one.

This shouldn't need to be said :>
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 12, 09:17PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(24 Oct 12, 09:12PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: ^ The last say on if a map is put into AC or not still remains with the developers. If we don't think the voted map is good enough, we'll move onto the next one.

In that case, it should be said that anybody can post their map and vote for any map they choose.
Thanks given by:
The only map not considered is the one not nominated ;). No harm being done, so just let people recommend what they want.
[Image: keep-calm-and-map-on.png]
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 12, 09:17PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:

judging by the 6th annual official map competition i think it should be said. no offense to B} but the winning map was completely because all B} members voted for it (lol fixing polls ftw :D). but there were definitely some better maps in that competition that should have gotten the community's f1.

the developers seems to make a reasonable choice when it comes to adding content. not exactly how a democracy is run but its how this game needs to be run

so yea. kinda wut RK said
Thanks given by:
Lol. Keep in mind there is a very large difference between "winning a map contest" and "becoming an official map."
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 12, 01:59AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: judging by the 6th annual official map competition i think it should be said. no offense to B} but the winning map was completely because all B} members voted for it (lol fixing polls ftw :D). but there were definitely some better maps in that competition that should have gotten the community's f1.

1) Offtopic, I know I did it too. I'm sorry, but no one decided to slap me.
* Ronald_Reagan slaps self and MerCyKiL

2) Totally uncalled for, as mods can tell you, it isn't just because B}s voted for the maps. If you remove all B} votes, the B} map would have a couple less votes than the winning map. To be fair, if you remove all Pi votes from the second place map, the B} map would still win.

Sorry for removing the main argument against the whole 6th mapping contest shbang. Just drop it.
Thanks given by:
Make jamz show you the voters gogogo. Over half the clan didn't vote/or voted elsewhere, and the result would be the same if you don't count clanmate votes for everyone.

Edit: fu RR beating me to it. <3
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 12, 02:29AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(25 Oct 12, 01:59AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: some stuff i said
some stuff you said

didn't know about that. i wasn't insulting the maps made by B} members. the maps presented were certainly not a joke (well...erm...maybe nezorfnu was but that's another story).

what i do recall was B}ShadowZ telling everyone in B} to "vote for B} mapz. omg!" lol (yea thats kinda what you sound like shadowz :D) so i went off of an assumption and thought "hmm....B} ppl's totally just won the contest" lol

anyways...the reference to that competition was to try to give reason as to why developers should actually judge maps themselves. it was not intended to be a knock on B} ...there were some maps in there (nezorfnu for example) that garnered votes and looked pretty sick (nezorfnu is a good example lol) but would have never actually become official

so yea

* MerCyKiL hopes for same font color. Slaps himself again for good measure.

EDIT: god its not my day * MerCyKiL uses same font color to slap himself for wrong font color
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 12, 07:42PM)Snoosnoo Wrote:

Lol, I couldn't care less if my map gets accepted or not. I will not get butthurt. The attitude u bring here (of the self proclaimed official map reviewer and halo's sidekick) is what I am aiming at. Maybe some day you will realize that. Cheers.

Thanks given by:
This thread should only be used to post your map details (license, download link etc). In my opinion opinions should be left out and saved for when RandumKiwi sets up a voting thread. Yet again bickering is trashing another thread. Maybe all the off-topic and opinionated posts should be culled from this thread including mine.
Thanks given by:
For those confused by this new thread title:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5996.html

This is discussion for what gets posted there.
Thanks given by:
Like RR stated, it shouldn't need to be said that any popular map will get added as official. We'd be balls deep in twintowers if that actually happened. That doesn't mean people should slam maps that get posted. If you have a real problem, be constructive and give objective feedback if one of these maps does make it into the final round of dev consideration. Nobody here is qualified to belittle the work of others. Foster map-making, not shit on everybody that doesn't come from a certain school of thought.
Thanks given by:
riverside original. nuff said.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if my post is in the right place. If not, please move.
Happen next week a mini-tournament to test the following maps: ac_savana, ac_iceroad1.1, ac_venison, ac_avenue (1.1)-lol
More information on the forum site assaultcube.com.br (My particular project)
The winning team will receive t-shirts fanpage game.
But the goal is to collect information about the maps. Basically if they are fun or not, balanced or not .. and other things. I'll post a link here to the various comments after the tournament. These maps are also available on server: darkac.tk 10010 match (is not fixed yet... im working on it, learning about..)
Hopefully there is time before starting the vote.
Thanks given by:
* Orynge bumps.

Anyway, here's a rushed and lazily coded menu that I haven't checked and probably has a mistake in it.
alias PUTYOUROWNCOMMANDHERE [showmenu "Possible Future Maps"]

newmenu "Possible Future Maps"
menuitem "Savana by fundog" [ctf ac_savana]
menuitem "Venison by fundog" [ctf ac_venison]
menuitem "Frost by Andrez" [ctf ac_frost]
menuitem "Mojave Desertic Area - 2nd Street by Andrez" [ctf ac_mojave2]
menuitem "ac_heatstroke by Shorty, Sp33dy, and Syntax" [ctf ac_heatstroke]
menuitem "ac_heatstroke2 by Shorty, and Syntax" [ctf ac_heatstroke2]
menuitem "ac_prison by gRamps, Bukz, PERROS, and GeneralDisarray" [ctf ac_prison]
menuitem "ac_forsaken by yopa, and Z3R0" [ctf ac_forsaken]
menuitem "ac_ancient_mines by Jg99, and DRE" [ctf ac_ancient_mines]
menuitem "ac_swamp by Undead, and ExodusS" [ctf ac_swamp]
menuitem "ac_brackish by MerCyKiL" [ctf ac_brackish]
menuitem "ac_banlieue by MerCyKiL" [ctf ac_banlieue]
menuitem "Nocturne by YesWeCamp" [ctf ac_nocturne]
menuitem "ac_brick by Alien" [ctf ac_brick]
menuitem "ac_box_factory by evanzo23, and Nightmare" [ctf ac_box_factory]
menuitem "mpx_desierto_v1.3 by mpx" [ctf mpx_desierto_v1.3]
menuitem "ac_terros by Daylixx, and Sanzo" [ctf ac_terros]
menuitem "ac_cloud by Z3R0" [ctf ac_cloud]
menuitem "electron by [SODA]___ME___" [ctf electron]
menuitem "marvel by [SODA]DRE" [ctf marvel]
menuitem "core by [SODA]___ME___" [ctf core]
menuitem "ac_dingy by Halo, and Bukz" [ctf ac_dingy]
menuitem "ac_lainio by Halo" [ctf ac_lainio]
menuitem "ac_metl3 by Halo (and whoever made the Cube version)" [ctf ac_metl3]

EDIT: I guess I'll update it if any other maps are put up for consideration.
Thanks given by:
^Might want to change the modes for each map lodad, based on the mode it was designed for. ac_metl3 for example, wasn't made to be a ctf map.
Thanks given by:
I only coded it so you see where the flag bases were without going into edit mode, and I stuck with it for metl3.
Thanks given by: