AC Weekend Cup Goes Live
After working out a server to host the website, kindly provided by Rising Cubers, we now have the site up. It's very much a beta at the moment but the most important features are present!

AC Weekend Cup Website

As part of our launch we'll be running a 2v2 CTF beta cup to be played 2pm GMT Sunday 28. To signup your team register an account. Then click "Play" and enter your team's details. Finally navigate to the 2v2 CTF Beta Cup page where you can signup on the right hand side of the page.

Also if you don't have a team you can still signup to a mixed team and get paired with other players.

I hope it'll prove to be a fun and competitive weekly cup and hopefully we can branch out into other modes and dates soon. Please share your thoughts below!
Thanks given by:
best thing to happen since Edward was banned

good luck rofl
Thanks given by:
NEED A FRIEND, PLS HELP
Thanks given by:
Xenon join rainbow frogs kkkk.
Im stuck with 30 fps but will try to get the team going..
Thanks given by:
JOIN MY TEAM PASSWORD IS 'aux'.

PLS NO IDIOTS THAT WON'T SHOW UP.

IN ORDER TO JOIN MY TEAM YOU MUST VOTE FOR DOUZE POWER AND SHINE
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 12, 02:04AM)Cemer Wrote: best thing to happen since Edward was banned

good luck rofl

I laughed silently.

This is great, brings back some competitive atomosphere to AC.
Thanks given by:
Nice, I have been waiting for this.

This is a beta cup, so I encourage people to join a mixed team to see how well it works.

So if you don't have a team, just join a mixed one ;).

EDIT: when I tried to sign up as aNy, the name was too short and it also requires 6 characters long passwords - isn't this an overkill?
Thanks given by:
Oh well. A pity I have to be in bed by the time it starts, for school.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 12, 09:31AM)aNytHe0ne Wrote: EDIT: when I tried to sign up as aNy, the name was too short and it also requires 6 characters long passwords - isn't this an overkill?

Names have to be at least four characters currently. I'll change that to three when I make the next update. I can also change your username to aNy manually if you like.

(21 Oct 12, 10:09AM)Orynge Wrote: Oh well. A pity I have to be in bed by the time it starts, for school.

In future weeks we'll be moving the games to 1pm GMT Saturday which should make it more accessible to Australians. And playing other games 2pm GMT Sunday.
Thanks given by:
This would be 10am for east coast U.S ?
:p

Larry can you add a place for Team Logos of any size inside 300x300 or something ?
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 12, 02:42PM)Nightmare Wrote: This would be 10am for east coast U.S ?
:p

See this link for localised time information.

(21 Oct 12, 02:42PM)Nightmare Wrote: Larry can you add a place for Team Logos of any size inside 300x300 or something ?

Good idea, added to my todo list.

So far I've been working on
  • Better referee tools so referees have enough power to run tournaments
  • Fixed several major and minor bugs
  • Better formatting of long descriptions
  • Displaying the number of votes for each poll choice
  • Allowing names as short as three characters

My todo list now includes
  • Comments system
  • Team logos
  • Improvements to polls
  • One known non-serious bug
  • A reporters group with the ability to post match summaries
  • Better stats in the hall of fame
Thanks given by:
it seems very little has been done on account of my own suggestions.

why does every team have more than 2 members? why is there only 8 slots? do you suffer from a cocaine addiction?

are you trying to create as many logical fallacies as possible at once?

[Image: eSDVz.png]

really really disappointing and poorly organized so far.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 12, 11:12PM)Undead Wrote: it seems very little has been done on account of my own suggestions.

That's not true. For instance we're trying to run on Saturday 1pm GMT for the benefit of Australians.

(21 Oct 12, 11:12PM)Undead Wrote: why does every team have more than 2 members?

That's not something I can answer, it's up to the individual teams. Perhaps they wish to rotate their players or one of their players can't be sure to make it.

(21 Oct 12, 11:12PM)Undead Wrote: why is there only 8 slots?

Because it's a beta cup. I want to check we can run things well with eight teams before we go to 16.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 12, 11:26PM)Roflcopter Wrote: That's not true. For instance we're trying to run on Saturday 1pm GMT for the benefit of Australians.

so you've only followed 1 of my suggestions.
i'm not going to re-ignite a debate considering we've already established whats needed to be done. if you need to check that again go re-read my suggestions.

(21 Oct 12, 11:26PM)Roflcopter Wrote: That's not something I can answer, it's up to the individual teams. Perhaps they wish to rotate their players or one of their players can't be sure to make it.
it is a 2vs2 weekend cup, not a league. for reliabilities' sake there should be 0 subs. if their players aren't sure to make it then they shouldn't play, or should sign up on the day.

(21 Oct 12, 11:26PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Because it's a beta cup. I want to check we can run things well with eight teams before we go to 16.

not a very good first impression, it should be unlimited slots

by the way, those aren't my only complaints, i'm not going to restate every fucking thing i suggested already.
Thanks given by:
If the rules aren't fine for you, you shouldnt participate.
Thanks given by:
I like how it's going so far. :D
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 12, 11:58AM)Elite Wrote: If the rules aren't fine for you, you shouldnt participate.

i guess you also believe if you don't agree with all the laws of a state then you should leave it.
Thanks given by:
good job rofle :D
it looks great, but if you need a referee for every match, you canot make turnaments with more than idk 8 or 16 teams, i think referees are unnecessary. Particularly because the teams must take the demos. And if there are any disputes, you could check the demo.
Thanks given by:
We don't need referees for each match. Referees just need to make sure the teams know who they're playing and then the teams can arrange it themselves. If there are disagreements on the server or other things a referee will step in. Then after the game teams should upload their demos and inform a referee of the result. Everyone can comment and provide demos and screenshots, but referees have to enter the scores. The tree auto-updates as scores are provided.

The main point of referees is to organise things efficiently so we get all games played in a few hours.
Thanks given by:
nice job sir
Thanks given by:
Something appears to have knocked the VPS offline. Hopefully this is fixed soon so the site can return. Sorry for any problems caused!
Thanks given by:
Find a girl Undead !!!
Thanks given by:
lol good work vps
me and undead to take out this cup ez mode
Thanks given by:
"it is a 2vs2 weekend cup, not a league. for reliabilities' sake there should be 0 subs. if their players aren't sure to make it then they shouldn't play, or should sign up on the day."

No fuck that if they can't make it then they forfeit. You sign up for a beta you make some goddamn teams and YOU PLAY. I've missed quite a few matches because I had to take care of shit happening right that second with relatives and I still played. This is like any other event you promise your friends to show up at... YOU SHOW UP. AC is tired of fking fools taking it for granted. FUCKING do your part and be there. It's free as shit(HELL YEAH!!!!!!!)so player commitment is the main way we're going to take this shit mainstream.

Long shit short Undead's got it dead on. We don't need some humbuggle fking muggle fuck switch me bro shit, we want some do or die. You love the AC? This is the time to prove it! Show you're as dedicated to the Game as the rest of us and fucking S H O W U P!!

Meaning... if you don't mean it when you sign up you better GTFO or there will be some real nice TKs on my todo list.

MorganKell

MKeezy Edit :: I swear to God Elite you talk shit on a shimmy one more time you're done. Undead's been around longer than you ever have and he'll be here long after you've left and found something else to mack your stick too. Keep your shit real and respectful i.e. don't fuck with me.
Thanks given by:
stfu!
Thanks given by:
S a C? Huh?? Is that what you said?!?! Yea take your own advice and fuck off buddy boy.
Thanks given by:
smg 'faggot'
Thanks given by:
@larry
i'll assume from you ignoring me that you aren't going to implement anything i have suggested.
personally i will be boycotting this until you get off your ass and do something, i don't really want to because i want to play anyway, but i have no other choice. i guess that doesn't matter to you because nobody wants to raise the standard besides me.

(23 Oct 12, 08:35AM)Dam.white Wrote: Find a girl Undead !!!

fuck off idiot.
Thanks given by:
It's not true I ignored your suggestions as far as I'm aware.
Key: done - planned - not planned
  • Change time we run things to be better for Australians
  • Run Saturdays (team modes) and Sundays (1v1s)
  • Bracket posted immediately once the games start
  • Third place playoffs
  • Method of deciding maps
  • IRC for organization
  • Strict rules for showing up
  • Limit players per team
  • Stream-specific rules
  • Format of matches

With regards to limiting teams:
  • We've reached eight signups quickly - players are choosing multiple smaller teams over fewer large teams without such rules
  • Teams may simply want to rotate players
  • We need subs in case a player lags out
  • I agree teams should do their best to make it, but it's overly idealistic to assume there will never be any problems attending

The VPS is still down (it's outside my control) but we'll be back as soon as possible. Sorry again for any problems this causes!
Thanks given by:
Morgankell do you still play at ac ?
Peace & Love.
Thanks given by: