AC Interview: Xenon
Today's interview is with competitive player, Xenon. :D
If these are coming too quick and being too spammy, let me know Devs/Mods. Been trying to pace them fast enough for fans, slow enough to avoid flooding the General Discussion forum with them. Thanks. :3

1) Do you regret using cheats in the past?

Of course. I first anticipated to just watch games with them, but of course the temptation gives in. It was rather silly and I'm sure most of you can trust me enough now to know I won't use them again -.-

2) Can you name a few of your favorite bands/music artists?

Don't really have any favorite bands and music artists, although I do listen to rap more then any other genre. I rather like 'Drake' more then most artists and as for bands, something like a green day type or band is great.

3) What is your favorite weapon in AC and why?

AR. It's my favorite because I feel it rewards people with good aim and although 70% of the AC community qq over spread, you just need to learn to tap instead of hoooooooolllllld down for 20 bullets then rage about it. I feel the rifle jumping is also such a fun thing to do and can reward you so greatly if you can master rifle jumping.

4) What is your favorite mode in AC and why?

CTF. Most played mode and I feel it has the most skill involved with it as you need a balance of team work and good players to really excel in the mode.

5) What is your favorite official map and favorite custom map in AC, and why?

My favorite official map is ingress. I just love it and it's back and forth game-play. I also love how right and left layouts are done. Put simply it's just got good gameplay.
My favorite custom map would have to be HeadShotCity_Reloaded2.1. Pretty funny map to play around on at 1am in the morning.

6) In your opinion, what is the best 3v3 match line-up in Assault Cube today? They don't have to be same clan/country, you can mix and match.

I'm going to change the question a bit 'cause I'm a dick and make it a 6 player All Star squad.
1) Harrek (FRA)
2) Vermi (AUS)
3) Undead (AUS)
4) Xenon (AUS)
5) Reedie (FRA)
6) Waffles/Honor. (USA/FRA)
I'd like to include people like sanzo or ech0 but I haven't seem them recently so I can't really judge.

7) There are only a handful of great competitive clans out there, can you name a few mid-skilled clans that in your opinion are the best of the 'Tier 2' clans? And why do you think they succeed in being one of the best of the mid-skilled clans?

B} I would regard as more of a community, then a clan because i never ever see them playing matches :D
I would have to say BoB as recently they have lost some of their top members but yet they can still compete with teams such as .rC| which is a credit to them in my opinion.

8) What is your favorite food and favorite drink to consume while playing Assault Cube?

I personally recommend 'Shapes'. Good shit bruv, not sure if all you foreigners have them but they are the best things ever. Something like a powerade can keep your hand pumping, keeping your energy high and make sure your always on top of the enemy! /troll

9) Will Australia win ACWC 2013? Why or why not?

I'd like to say yes, and I do think yes but again it depends on what maps we have to play. If for some reason larry decides to be a dick and put maps such as depot as the final, it can go either way between a team like AUS or France.

10) What do you think of Assault Cube as a competitive game, like what it does well, what it doesn't? And how do you think it stands against other competitive, free multiplayer first person shooters?

The game is addicting, and truly fast paced. It makes for really fun gameplay and that's what makes me continue to play it. The game does lack though in community support past the public servers. I think a new release can certainly help boost this.
I think it stands quite poorly community wise because of the sheer amount of people we have compared to games such as Quake or TF2. I think people turn away from AC quickly rather then games such as Quake or TF2 which gives them the advantage.

11) What job/career would you like to have in the future?

Developer, can't think of anything else so eh.

12) What is your opinion on the power abuse of devs and mods, and what should be done about it?

V-Man should be stripped of moderator status because he never gives out a reasonable amount of warning points. I think it should be on a warning system. e,g
1st offense: warning
2nd offense: Post moderation
3rd offense: 3 day ban
4th offense: 1 week
and you get the jist of things.

13) Should the devs let us see the Elite Forum? Why or why not?

Naaaah, then idiots will make forum threads about threads inside of the Elite forum.

14) What other games do you play currently?

CS:GO(Recommend), Sauerbraten, CoD4, LoL, Quake from time to time.

15) Do you believe paulmuaddibka's permaban should be reduced, considering his 'crime' was minor spam, and being a minor annoyance to some devs?

It should be increased to even longer then a permaban. just looking at his name makes me want to ban him. He is rather rude and stupid though so to be honest, he should just stay banned.

16) Which members of the AC community would you like to see take the Cinnamon Challenge and upload the recording to Youtube?

hahahaha.
larry, undead, zetsuu, PANDA, PANDA 100X PANDA. ech0

17) Which mouse do you use and why?

Razer Deathadder 'cause it's the sickest.
http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-deathadder
all pro players use a deathadder.

18) What is your full opinion on the new reworking of ac_iceroad, including pros and cons?

It's much better although at the cost of the map being much more complex. PROS: Fun, Gameplay, Textures, Layout
CONS: Big, Complex for new players.

19) Do you have any pets in your house? If so, what kind of animal and what is it's name?

DOG; names Jarra.
German dog.

20) What features would you like to see added to Assault Cube?

A better lighting system.
More maps.
More competive support from the devs.
Hitfixes.
Thanks given by:
Awesome interview!

Deathadder is a superb mouse, but I personally rock a Logitech G400. Do you use a mouse pad?
Thanks given by:
these interviews were a great idea!
Good stuff!
Thanks given by:
that's a damn sexy dog.
Thanks given by:
Xenon is better than vermi. =) My opinion.
I would like buy the superb mouse :)
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 12, 09:07PM)Xenon Wrote: I rather like 'Drake'

wth

good interview but i am appalled
Thanks given by:
All Hail Xenon! Great answers.

BTW Deathadder owns besides known factory issues - I've had all 3 of mine replaced twice by Razer the last time by the store itself.. they didn't have one and I needed a mouse so I tried out the Steelseries sensi... brutal mouse.

I'll have another deathadder soon!
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 12, 11:03PM)Woolly Wrote: All Hail Xenon! Great answers.

BTW Deathadder owns besides known factory issues - I've had all 3 of mine replaced twice by Razer the last time by the store itself.. they didn't have one and I needed a mouse so I tried out the Steelseries sensi... brutal mouse.

Sensei is pretty bleh, in my opinion. Also heard the Razer Taipei is a load of crap, stick with either the Deathadder or the Abyssus.
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 12, 11:18PM)Minty Wrote:
(16 Oct 12, 11:03PM)Woolly Wrote: All Hail Xenon! Great answers.

Sensei is pretty bleh, in my opinion. Also heard the Razer Taipei is a load of crap, stick with either the Deathadder or the Abyssus.

Harps the the man if you want to get a good mouse discussion going, he has limitless knowledge on the subject. IMO Sensi tried hard but failed.. its a good mouse OTHER than it changes its sensitivity on its own. Daily I have to adjust settings in games even though I'm on my default mouse profile.
Thanks given by:
If i'm not mistaken, Deathadder and Abyssus use the same sensor. That particular sensor is known to have no acceleration/prediction built-in. That's more or less why the pros gravitate towards it..

IMO:
Clear and straight-forward rules that cannot be argued.
First offence: warning.
Second Offence: Perma-ban.

Keep hearing about CS:GO, might have to check it out.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 12, 04:11AM)BigGunZ Wrote: If i'm not mistaken, Deathadder and Abyssus use the same sensor. That particular sensor is known to have no acceleration/prediction built-in. That's more or less why the pros gravitate towards it..

been looking towards getting an abyssus because of the ergonomics of the mouse, currently own a lachesis but i think an abyssus would suit me better.

i am also extremely insulted for not being ranked 1st on the all star team.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to further derail this thread a bit, but I have a Sensei and if it's set up properly it's beast. The reason why it appears to "change sensitivity" is because there are two sensors on the mouse that are by default set to different DPI values. If you set them to the same value and disable the two side buttons that "switch between the two sensors" this problem will go away. Honestly, apart from this easily fixable flaw it's the best mouse I've ever used. The Xai is also a nice alternative (iirc only has one sensor so this problem doesn't exist). The kinzu's also nice if you have smaller hands, but I've heard strange things about the tracking on its sensor.

The Deathadder is also quite nice, probably my second favourite mouse all in all. Like the Sensei/Xai, the sensor is practically flawless, but there isn't as much to customize and the grip felt very slightly strange to me. The Abyssus has always been an appalling mouse in my eyes, but that's probably because you need tiny hands to cope with the grip, although the sensor tracked well. Plus I know people like bunny have had nothing but problems with their abyssus, so I'd personally steer clear.

/ontopic; nice interview!
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 12, 09:07PM)Nightmare Wrote: 15) Do you believe paulmuaddibka's permaban should be reduced, considering his 'crime' was minor spam, and being a minor annoyance to some devs?

It should be increased to even longer then a permaban. just looking at his name makes me want to ban him. He is rather rude and stupid though so to be honest, he should just stay banned.
.[/color]

WTH. You sir cheated! you should not even be a part of this community, you are rude immature, childish and petty and yet you advocate perma ban for spam but a cheat can come back meh! You call yourself a competitive player yet you are a self confessed cheat, where was the competition then Xenon, did it feel competitive when u were cheating?

The only "competitive" players I have any respect for are those who have not cheated, personally I find it distastefull that you are given a platform to post your drivel, who cares who a cheat thinks is the best player. People like you act as the worst kind of example to young players, you demonstrate that its ok to cheat and in fact if you do you will be given respect and held up as an example of great play.

If you had any love for this game you would not take part in this stuff and shame on AC for letting it happen.

And just for the record, no I do not trust you, a cheat is a cheat and never changes and that has been proven over and over again.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 12, 05:36AM)DES|Anderson Wrote:
(16 Oct 12, 09:07PM)Nightmare Wrote: 15) Do you believe paulmuaddibka's permaban should be reduced, considering his 'crime' was minor spam, and being a minor annoyance to some devs?

.[/color]

WTH. You sir cheated! you should not even be a part of this community, you are rude immature, childish and petty and yet you advocate perma ban for spam but a cheat can come back meh! You call yourself a competitive player yet you are a self confessed cheat, where was the competition then Xenon, did it feel competitive when u were cheating? .......................

It had been a long time since I did not feel so well represented.
I agree 100% with everything you said.
There are no other terms. It's a shame for the community and a bad example for new players.
But the blame is not his alone. All who are making room for him are also guilty.
In respect to the game, stop playing.
Thanks given by:
shutup anderson, you wrote a 600 word essay on a mouse you bought and you only use shotgun, therefore your opinion is not welcome. i can guarentee i've done 200x more then what you have done for the community in your ac career spanning over 4 years.
i respect your opinion 1cap, and everyone can have one but no, i will not stop playing.

In regards to the mousepad, I use a:
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-pa...ed-edition
You only need a standard size, but I do truly recommend that mousepad aswell. Make sure your using a razer mouse though as it doesn't seem to work as well with mice such as the sensai

The allstar team is in no particular order... Chuck any 3 into a team and I think they can beat any 3v3 team in ac.
Thanks given by:
For the love of Thor, why is that there's always an asshole who ruins these interview threads with their butthurt. Anderson, If you wanna talk about this shit, Xenon is available in TS.
Thanks given by:
Right on, I use a Goliathus Control, large size (I use low sensitivity in Quake Live and Sauer). Too bad I have none of this shit with me while studying abroad... only a $5 mouse pad and a $10 mouse from the local electronics store. :/

I've heard that you need a claw grip to use the Abyssus properly. The only reason I didn't buy a Deathadder was because I heard about their problems with breaking frequently. Definitely looking into bst's mouse-in-progress, which should be coming out sometime in the relatively near future.
Thanks given by:
NP Vanquish :D I'm glad a discussion, new or old, can happen due to the interview.
Anderson/Xenon: Make sure this doesn't go back and forth, please. Both said what wanted to be said, that's that. I personally wouldn't mind, but the mods on this forum are like sharks. They see blood, they come attack and close the thread. This took time to do, so let's not get it closed. Send a machine to do the human's job instead. <3

On the mouse side of things, I'm using a Razer Abyssus from early 2012, no mousepad sadly. It took a while to get used to, and was even painful to hold for the beginning. But now I'm used to it, will probably look at the Deathadder when this thing dies.
Thanks given by:
mousepad helps absurdly you need one

(17 Oct 12, 10:32AM)Minty Wrote: I've heard that you need a claw grip to use the Abyssus properly

essentially why i plan on buying one, i have an awkward grip on my lachesis trying to claw it, had the same issue with my imperator.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 12, 12:43PM)Nightmare Wrote: no mousepad sadly

I would strongly recommend picking one up, I consider them a necessary item for competitive play, even casual play really.

Once you have your mouse of choice, it is time to choose a mouse pad. I recommend the Razer Goliathus mouse pads (Speed or Control versions, depending on what you are looking for), the Artisan brand (found in Japan, but they are worth it from what I hear), and the QcK+ from Steelseries (or the QcK, depending on your preferences, and the mouse, etc.)

I'm thinking of picking up a QcK+ so it takes up less space on my desk, as well as a Deathadder for future use. Not sure though -- will have to see my desk in college when I arrive on campus in January.

**NOTE** You may not see me in-game too much in AC due to school work, but I will try to get on more in the future. I mostly play Sauer though, but those forums are dead as a doornail, even though the game is alive and well.
Thanks given by:
I recommend the SteelSeries QcK (what I'm currently using while at home), the Steelseries 4HD (or 9HD if you play on a huuge desk), the Razed Goliathus Speed Edition and the Puretrak Talent.

You can pick up a QcK from about £5 GBP, they aren't expensive at all and they really help your aim (even comparatively so to a standard mousemat). However I know for example, Harrek uses a basic Microsoft mouse + mousepad, and obviously gets great results with it, so there's really only theoretical benchmarks to follow until you've actively gone out and tested the different options you can get.
Thanks given by:
You didn't list me as water-boy on your all-star team. :-( You know I would be really good at water-boy Xenon.... or cheerleader for Undead maybe. 1! 2!3! 4! Headshot them all you rotten whore!!!

I must be the only person who uses a g9x. At 5700 dpi I'm not sure why.......
I didnt know mousepads really made that much of a difference? I just use a basic black one with a gel wrist rest. Honestly I used to use track-pad, then a genius travel mouse with a free mousepad my bank gave me lol. But then again, I kinda suck at AC ;-)
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 12, 08:46AM)Xenon Wrote: shutup anderson, you wrote a 600 word essay on a mouse you bought and you only use shotgun, therefore your opinion is not welcome. i can guarentee i've done 200x more then what you have done for the community in your ac career spanning over 4 years.
i respect your opinion 1cap, and everyone can have one but no, i will not stop playing.

In regards to the mousepad, I use a:
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-pa...ed-edition
You only need a standard size, but I do truly recommend that mousepad aswell. Make sure your using a razer mouse though as it doesn't seem to work as well with mice such as the sensai

The allstar team is in no particular order... Chuck any 3 into a team and I think they can beat any 3v3 team in ac.

Superb and now your true colours come out dont they, so someone who uses a weopon you dont like has no right to an opinion. Bravo sir you have in your own words shown your petty childish behaviour, off course the game revolves around you and how bad of me to challenge this, come on everybody lets celebrate the cheater and elevate him to super status so he can turn AC into his own little playpen for his 5 year old friends.

(17 Oct 12, 10:00AM)pweaks Wrote: For the love of Thor, why is that there's always an asshole who ruins these interview threads with their butthurt. Anderson, If you wanna talk about this shit, Xenon is available in TS.

Now Pweaks a personal attack, not clever (warning points needed over here) I am not butthurt I just do not want cheats to be a symbol of all that is good about this game and there is much that is! I also do not want it turned into a super competitive game for the likes of school kids like Xenon, yes the competitive side has its place as do gema players and pub players and ladder whores. Only the stupid and misinformed believe that they are the only opinion that counts, dont join that club.
Thanks given by:
fuck off you faggot.
(17 Oct 12, 12:43PM)Nightmare Wrote: Anderson/Xenon: Make sure this doesn't go back and forth, please. Both said what wanted to be said, that's that. I personally wouldn't mind, but the mods on this forum are like sharks. They see blood, they come attack and close the thread. This took time to do, so let's not get it closed. Send a machine to do the human's job instead. <3
Plz pm me if you have an issue. Pweaks did less then what you did. Stop derailing the thread you prick and pm me if you need to have a chat.
Thanks given by:
I am not derailing the thread, the thread is "AC Interview: Xenon" I am commenting on your unsuitability to post such material which is completly on topic.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Hi all,

Below is a review i posted in DES when i upgraded to a Novatech G2 from the old Logitech gaming mouse i had, I have used the G2 now for nearly a year and at the price its pretty good so if you looking for a budget gaming mouse check out below;

From Des forum...

Recently I upgraded my Logitech G500 Gaming mouse (UK price £34.99) to a Novatech G2 Gaming mouse (UK price £12.98). Yes I know that sounds strange but below is a no holds barred review of the G2 and how it stacks up against its much pricier Logitech alternative.

Look and Feel.

To be honest its not as heavy as some gaming mice giving it a slightly cheaper feel, the matt grey ruberized coating is excelent for not slip feel and the indicator LED's are clear (more on those latter). The center scroll wheel feels a little stiff on the one I have not as smooth as the Logitech.

Novatech G2

Installation

This was by far the easiest gaming mouse i have ever installed, on Windows systems the driver finds itself when pluged in and if you do not need to access the advanced functions thats all you need do. Slip in the supplied driver disk however and a whole new world opens up, preprogramed profiles, button allocations all standard stuff for a gaming mouse. But try variable DPI settings controlled by the mouse itself, yes this can be changed on the fly in game. making the mouse either more or less responsive, great for those camping moments or distance shots. Along with the variable DPI comes variable polling rate, no fancy software or changing to test mode to install, the mouse natively supports 1000Hz polling and can be easilly set to any polling rate you desire.

Features

The Novatech G2 Advanced Gaming Mouse features the latest Front-Positioned tracking system. Equipped with 3200DPI advanced laser tracking engine (variable by button controls) it is 2x Faster than a standard laser sensor, natively this mouse reports at 1000hz, much faster than the standars 125Hz mouse most of us use. It has 7 programmable hotkeys and onboard memory, which enables you to store personalised profiles and settings on your mouse with the need for reinstalling the software. This means you can now take your settings with your mouse no need to reinstall and setup.

Price and availability

Novatech are a UK based company but they will ship worldwide, with the price saving on this mouse it would easily make up for any shipping cost. The item is available from stock and uk can be delievered next day, to be honest I have never had to return an item to Novarech even though I have been a customer for many years so I cannot comment, however they do offer the normal warranties.

Logitech M500

Conclusions

If you are in the market for a mouse upgrade, I would strongly recomend the G2, its feature packed and at only £12.98 has to be one of the cheapest gaming mice on the market. This combined with its ease of installation and high end features easilly puts it ahead of the traditional gaming mouse.

Link to Novatech

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prod ... ov-g2.html

GOOD WORK ANDERSON, TRUE CHAMPION
Thanks given by:
That's a few warning points right there. Now would you both kindly shut the fuck up.
Thanks given by:
That's a cute dog you have :-)
Thanks given by:
G500 was my last mouse, it was too heavy (even with none of the gimmicky weights added) and had a slight +/- acceleration. My current mouse, which i'm still getting used to, is the Abyssus. The Abyssus works well for claw grip and fingertip grip, my grip is somewhere in between the two. It may be a bit too light for my preferences though..

Goliathus Control/Speed are very common recommendations for Razer mice. I almost bought one but i'm too used to hardpads. Have a func 1030 in the mail.
Thanks given by:
lets have a TS debate channel

itll be regulated by someone, and follow the standard rules
Thanks given by: