the greatest gamers of all time
http://thegreatest.raidcall.com/ref/0bj
Everyone do that, you might not know the people but eh. Post your referral link once your done as well so people in the forums can click it. It's basically a survey about the greatest gamers in all genres of competitive gaming as well as your favourite major game etc etc.
Thanks given by:
I say we should all vote for the same person in the AC community..
Like MakkE or something?
Thanks given by:
It was quite obvious this was only applied to to a few select gamers who are sponsored by the companies participating in this promotional contest. That said they do have some of the BEST players on that list, but the rest are pretty mediocre in esports.

They are giving away some pretty good merch, and I did find some people I felt worth voting for. I was happy to see Flash on the list because career stats wise he is probably easily ranks number 1.

Nice find there Xenon.
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 12, 09:33PM)MykeGregory Wrote: I say we should all vote for the same person in the AC community..
Like MakkE or something?

[Image: yjVqs.gif]

why the fuck are moba players being listed? moba = rts with 1 character and no economy, even AC takes more skill.
Thanks given by:
Moba need good team tactics and know-your-character to win
Thanks given by:
STEPHANOOO!
Thanks given by:
There is still quite a big difference between moba games. For example, League of Legends is alot easier than Dota. LoL is for kids, basically.

About the list, it's quite retarded. What is fatal1ty doing there? Anyway; Boxer, Cooller and cArn. And Starcraft II, obviously.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 12, 09:48AM)pweaks Wrote: About the list, it's quite retarded. What is fatal1ty doing there? Anyway; Boxer, Cooller and cArn. And Starcraft II, obviously.

Flash BW + Starcraft II, obviously :)
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 12, 08:20AM)FleshyPod Wrote: Moba need good team tactics and know-your-character to win

that is not skill. league of legends is only popular because its a fun free game to play with friends and very easily accessible.

(17 Oct 12, 09:48AM)pweaks Wrote: There is still quite a big difference between moba games. For example, League of Legends is alot easier than Dota. LoL is for kids, basically.

ive only played league of legends, can you explain what gives dota skill?
Thanks given by:
fatal1ty?

wut
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 12, 09:48AM)pweaks Wrote: About the list, it's quite retarded. What is fatal1ty doing there? Anyway; Boxer, Cooller and cArn. And Starcraft II, obviously.

STEPHANOOO!
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 12, 02:44AM)Undead Wrote:
(17 Oct 12, 08:20AM)FleshyPod Wrote: Moba need good team tactics and know-your-character to win

that is not skill. league of legends is only popular because its a fun free game to play with friends and very easily accessible.

(17 Oct 12, 09:48AM)pweaks Wrote: There is still quite a big difference between moba games. For example, League of Legends is alot easier than Dota. LoL is for kids, basically.

ive only played league of legends, can you explain what gives dota skill?

In LoL, you build always the same items depending you're a support or a carry. In LoL the roles of the players are really simplistic. In Dota, you need to have alot more knowledge of different items and what they do because depending what your enemy is doing you can choose between different item builds. In Dota, 1 player can actually rape the whole alone if he gets enough farm. So to somehow sum it up, you need to know every champion skill and what it does. You need to know every item and how does it counter your enemy. But IMO you can't compare Dota to Starcraft II because team-games are alot different than duel games. And on pro level they actually are because the differences of the players are rather small.
Thanks given by:
ERMERGERD

SERNERNERS
Thanks given by:
so the difference is you require more knowledge of the game? still requires no mechanical skill at all. having 100 champions and items and being required to know them all is artificial skill. i guess the only actual individual skill i can see is decision making. i think all competitive games need some kind of mechanical skill or the game is too easy, whether that be APM, aiming, etc.
Thanks given by:
In LoL, if you dont know all champions, all items and what item counter which champion, you cant win a game vs strong players.
I dont know if you ever played on ranked game but you cant play without knowing all champ.
All carry AD doesnt build the same stuff. Same for AP mid, jungler, top. About supports, yes, the stuff is almost the same.
LoL isnt for kids. Kids can enjoy the game but you need skill to play it well :)
Thanks given by:
Reedie pls, I know what I'm talking about. About mechanical skills, you need to land those spells, strikes what ever. Unlike in LoL. Also, LoL has those ridicilous summoner spells which makes the game so retarded.
Thanks given by:
false
I know what I'm talking about. I played alot. Moreover, I watch meetings between the strongest team. LoL needs skills.
Thanks given by:
No, it doesn't need at all after you've played HoN or Dota. You watch games between the teams? I've been a part of esport organisation, I've been on LAN events where those "strongest teams" play and been watching live when they play. I win.
Thanks given by:
Above is an example of the nerdiest pissing contest known to mankind.
Thanks given by:
#M|A#Wolf
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 12, 07:22PM)Woolly Wrote: Above is an example of the nerdiest pissing contest known to mankind.
Thanks given by:
Both MOBA/RTS need you to learn all of the units in the game and how they work against every other unit. Not saying Dota-wannabes don't take strategy and such, they do. But when it comes down to it, controlling one hero in a streamlined map with a few paths, steamrolling weak 'creeps' shouldn't compare to controlling 100+ different units on a large open battlefield against a full sized army also controlled by a human. Where some poor unit choices/one tactical mistake will finish you off. Not even mentioning building bases and a strong economy, research, etc.
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna go offtopic here to bring you guys to your senses: You kids got it all wrong! In my days dudes would waste time at shit that would land us a piece of tail, you know? Surf, skate, playing a few chords with a garage band. Unless the world has really changed a lot I'm pretty sure chicks couldn't care less about how many flags you can score or how good of ratio you can get... And besides who gives a fuck about what eastern european guy is better at some weird game? Never heard of any of those suckers and if you had: shame on you, GET A LIFE!! I did register and voted to help you out Xenon, but I'm afraid all the good shit was already taken. Anyways, to close my initial argument: there is no chicks on the list!
I now rest my case...
Thanks given by:
jg99 must top this list or this is invalid
Thanks given by:
@ElCrema you are an arrogant bastard. Get a life. You know that most of the pro gamers are pretty healthy living? Just because you're good in something, doesn't mean you need to sacrifice your whole life to it.
Thanks given by:
And you pweaks are one VERY dumb kid, let's make a deal: I'll get a life when you get a sense of humor, how does that work for you, humble genius?
Thanks given by:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-Wb9kXEimro5-vYpSKTL...KTTNW1LsIQ]
Thanks given by:
I'll stop being dumb whenever you stop making lame and stupid jokes, sir.
Thanks given by:
Nah... I've seem other posts of yours, I find it hard to believe that you will un-dumb anytime soon. So no deal kid I'll keep my jokes. But anyways I'll try to be more serious on the next off topic thread where someone posts a link to gather registrations on a site that give away prizes. Now back to registration and voting so Xenon can get his stuff.
Oh, and by the way, you are only half right: I talked to my father and he guaranteed me I'm a legitimate child. He does agrees on the arrogant part thou, so it's all good I'll let this one slide.
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 12, 05:31PM)pweaks Wrote: No, it doesn't need at all after you've played HoN or Dota. You watch games between the teams? I've been a part of esport organisation, I've been on LAN events where those "strongest teams" play and been watching live when they play. I win.

[Image: Weve-got-a-badass-over-here-300x348.jpg]

Sorry, i just had to do this
Thanks given by: