Server Log (tried to pick up entity)
What exactly does this mean in server logs? I noticed a hacker caused this to spam in a log I was looking at but also I noticed that it happens to some well-known players that I doubt are hacking. It also sometimes says tried to touch flag instead of tried to pick up entity. Sometimes the distance was very large.

[<I.P.>] <player> tried to pick up entity #221 (armour), distance 73.33 (1)
[<I.P.>] <player> tried to pick up entity #226 (ammobox), distance 124.50 (2)
[<I.P.>] <player> tried to pick up entity #216 (ammobox), distance 131.82 (3)
[<I.P.>] <player> tried to pick up entity #269 (helmet), distance 146.75 (4)
[<I.P.>] <player> tried to pick up entity #269 (helmet), distance 146.75 (5)
[<I.P.>] <player> tried to pick up entity #269 (helmet), distance 146.75 (6)
[<I.P.>] <player> tried to pick up entity #221 (armour), distance 102.09 (7)
Thanks given by:
This means that the player tries to pick up an entity when the server thinks the player is too far away. One probable cause of this is ping, so it doesn't kick the player whenever it happens.
Thanks given by:
It also happens when making new maps. Ie you place a helmet and trying to stand in it will give you this spam until you reload the map.
Thanks given by:
The timings are important. If the aborted pickups are occuring when player is about to pass a pickup, it's almost certainly lag. If they're happening very quickly, or at random, it's a pickup cheat/different map verison. As with any anticheat messages, you should always consult the demo to see what's really happening.
The very large distance can be caused by aborted grenade pickups in LSS rounds, or when the server thinks the player hasn't spawned.
Thanks given by:
Okay, thanks for the information, gents.
Thanks given by: