AC Interview: Undead
We sit down with well known veteran player, Undead.

1) Why don't you have an avatar on the AC Forums?

Never bothered to set one.

2) Would you like to see Bomb Mode/Co-Op Zombie mode added to AC?

A search and destroy mode would need to be tested to see if it would fit with AC's gameplay. I don't think i'd want a zombie mode added to AC specifically, but support for a zombie mod on the master server(among other things) would be amazing.

3) Will you be moving away from Australia for college/other reasons in the future? If so, where?

Definitely not in the near future, but i cant foresee what will happen over the next 50+ years of my life.

4) What does it take for an AC player to become highly competitive like members of woop/mys/one/etc.?

You do the exact thing as in any other discipline. You practise, fix your weak points, and continue improving until you are at a high level. If you genuinely want to improve at AC, simply apply your mind and practise. The best way to practise in my opinion, is to get a team of at least 3 people and play clan matches as much as possible, learn how the game works and eventually get to the point where you're playing at a top level. things like douze survivour are great tools to help your aim however and shouldn't be looked over, unfortunately some players refuse to play 1vs1's because of their egos. gaming gear such as mice, headsets etc only matter at the very top level, even then you could probably get away with a dell mouse if you were good enough.
Honestly, AC needs players willing to play matches more than ever, and the best way to get players to play is for something to be implemented into AC for matches and inters to be organized easier within the AC client, so if you want to find an inter you can simply load up AC and wait for people to play.

5) What has been going on in the Proving Grounds?

Nothing controversial. The Proving Grounds forum seems to be just to receive the input of players, and then for the devs to deliberate on a verdict. It doesn't give us any power to directly change the game. That being said, we've had alot of progress made fast in the forum.

6) You are known as a great player, but have no gold to show for it yet. The LeBron James Effect. When will you get your first '1st Place' in an AC tournament? And if more '2nd place' efforts continue, will you take your talents to Paris and join the French team for an easy win?

In my opinion, despite the 2nd place finish to France, Australia is still a stronger team to France, albeit by a small margin(there really isn't anyone close to either of us besides each other, and both of us have agreed on that. if you say otherwise you really don't understand how the game works at such a high level.). If anything, Harrek should move to Australia for the easy win. To some people, this is coming out of my supposed massive ego, but really, the same people saying this are using a lucky 1-0 win on depot(a godawful map) to justify their opinions, completely ignoring how well we actually play as a team.

1st place isn't needed to prove yourself as #1, but i wouldn't complain about a tournament win for once.

7) What other games do you play currrently?

Currently, i play alot of Starcraft 2. I also play AC whenever a match is available during the australian timezone(barely ever, i don't think ive been challenged to a clan match in 6 months, always had to ask people myself), and i occasionally play CS:GO with vermi and xenon.

8) Can you name a few of your favorite bands/music artists?

oh god yes
i almost primarily listen to grime, obviously not everybodys thing but it definitely speaks to me.

could go on forever but i have a few favourite mc's(more than i've listed) if you care to listen:

Wiley:
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]

Dizzee Rascal:
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]

Skepta:
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]

P Money:
[1]
[2]

Crazy Titch:
[1]
[2]
[3]

9) What do you plan to do as a job/career in the future?

I have nothing set in stone as of yet, im 16, but a career based in programming/game development would be great, or even anything related to IT.

10) Which current AC Dev is your personal favorite? And which is your least favorite? Why?

RandumKiwi. He is a sweetheart. In all seriousness though, i don't have a favourite dev, but if i had to pick one i disliked the least, i'd go with ronald reagan.

11) What is your favorite AC Weapon and why?

The assault rifle, simply because of the kickback ability. It brings an aspect to AC that no other games have.

12) What is your favorite official map, and favorite custom map? Why?

favourite official is ac_desert3, which i'll explain below. i have many favourite customs, particiularly ac_magic-school1, gema golem, ac_victor, ac_dick, ac_gay,

13) Outside of CTF, what is your favorite mode in AC and why?

As far as team modes go, HTF is my favourite, as its probably the only other one that would work well in a competitive setting, mainly because it just takes one aspect of CTF (flag battles) and turns it into an entire mode.

14) Do you think TPF/TLSS will be troll mode choices for clan matches in the next release?

no, in the same way tdm/tosok aren't picked in serious matches unless the other team are being assholes. they will definitely be troll picks if clans decide to play them.

15) What are the specs on your primary computer? CPU/GPU/RAM/HDD/OS?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 5770
RAM: DDR3 4gb
HDD: WD 1TB

16) Do you believe a North American country can get past Round 1 in ACWC 2013? If so, who and why?

If the USA organize themselves correctly, they'll get past round 1 unless they run into us.

17) Do you believe in ghosts, why or why not?

No. There is no solid proof of their existence, and despite what some would have you believe, ghosts can't violate the laws of physics.

18) Which official map has the largest need for good tactics/strategy?

A difficult question. d3 is an uneven map, yet because of its structure it creates gameplay that can't be found on any other map and to me it is just amazing. maybe its just because of the AR running, but its still great. shine takes alot of practise to understand and play well, but only because the map is confusing and in some spots really broken(the middle cut-up is unbalanced as fuck). the new iceroad is also aimed at creating an extremely complex tactical map, however, its not an easy task and still needs refining.

19) Terran, Zerg, or Protoss?

En Taro Tassadar

20) Do you want to see an Assault Cube 2 in the future, why or why not?

An AssaultCube 2 in the future seems so far off to me to the point where i can't see it happening. The only way something like this could happen is if the dev team was able to do it. I have no idea if they can, but if they can put forth the effort to recreate AC in another engine, cube2 or something similar, the resulting game would probably be immensely popular if executed well.
Thanks given by:
Live for the Swarm!
Thanks given by:
ggg
Thanks given by:
"Fear is for the enemy."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVDxxJaBm...re=related
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 01:04PM)Undead Wrote: ...i don't have a favourite dev, but if i had to pick one i disliked the least, i'd go with [not jamz].
What the actual...?
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 01:04PM)Nightmare Wrote: Skepta:
[2]
Lulz what a coincedence im the topcommentor:P
Thanks given by:
What comment, "Hey... Kill yourself." or "Check Out Tricksman Rowdy Riddim (Rap To Grime)", neither seem very much like you.
Thanks given by:
My nick is wtfijustwanttowatch. Anyway good song.
Thanks given by:
you should 'practise' spelling correctly.

But in all seriousness, well done.
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 04:25PM)jamz Wrote:
(03 Oct 12, 01:04PM)Undead Wrote: ...i don't have a favourite dev, but if i had to pick one i disliked the least, i'd go with [not jamz].
What the actual...?

*hugs jamz*
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 07:42PM)Woolly Wrote:
What the actual...?

*hugs jamz*

So you hugs jamz! That is a good example to stupid post.xD
Thanks given by:
There is a time and a place Gael, this is not it.
Thanks given by:
bes interview

thanks to undead and good execution nightmare
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 01:04PM)Nightmare Wrote: 16) Do you believe a North American country can get past Round 1 in ACWC 2013? If so, who and why?
If the USA organize themselves correctly, they'll get past round 1 unless they run into us.
Or France \:D.
Thanks given by:
hopefully better than 35-1 as organized by USA B
Thanks given by:
Keep in mind that team B ended up getting kicked out for a Team C, except for whop.
And Team A got demolished by Poland the year before. :3
The real Team B would have done much better
Thanks given by:
awesome interview all around imo
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 01:04PM)Nightmare Wrote: 12) What is your favorite official map, and favorite custom map? Why?

... i have many favourite customs, particiularly... ac_victor...
ac_victor is best map.

Good interview!
Thanks given by:
ac®_victorz?
\:D
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 07:52PM)["sm"]Gael Wrote:
(03 Oct 12, 07:42PM)Woolly Wrote:
What the actual...?

*hugs jamz*

So you hugs jamz! That is a good example to stupid post.xD

Jamz is important. Poor guy needs a hug... he always gets the blame (and everything is his fault)
Thanks given by:
You're quite rude sometimes, but you're still one of the players i admire most.

It's nice to see you took the time to answer this, great interveiw.

FYI i was "talking" to Undead.
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 01:04PM)Nightmare Wrote: ac_magic-school1, gema golem, ac_victor, ac_dick, ac_gay,

ac_victor lives on
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 07:52PM)["sm"]Gael Wrote: So you hugs jamz! That is a good example to stupid post.xD

~You is good example to stupid write.

More on topic: Is this going to be done a lot with various vet players?
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 01:31AM)Waffles Wrote: hopefully better than 35-1 as organized by USA B

35-1? Reminds me of our first 1v1. Oh memories.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 02:20PM)Boomhauer Wrote: ~You is good example to stupid write.

And that cooment? and not stupid to try to intimidate me like that?
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 02:20PM)Boomhauer Wrote: More on topic: Is this going to be done a lot with various vet players?

I'm going to eventually give a little love to everyone, even less known players.
Can give me suggestions of who you want to see interviewed though. :3
Thanks given by:
Jg99 must be next.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 06:57PM)blueberry Wrote: Jg99 must be next.

I think that too
Thanks given by:
Jg99
Thanks given by:
ask him when his book is coming out.

no but seriously, interview him :)
Thanks given by: