Competitions: AC Weekend Cup
Urban is the shittest map in history. looks terrible, smells terrible, plays terrible blah blah blah.

Gothic is playable and I like it but it's not made for ctf :3 but I would prefer gothic 1000x more then urban
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 04:33PM)Undead Wrote: that is an even worse idea than what i thought you were doing. why the fuck would you exclude aqueous and then add iceroad/depot if balance doesn't matter.
just have one single pool of maps, not voted for by the community, because quite frankly most of them have no idea(read atomikk's post). its not really democracy that is being employed, its mob rule.

I'm finding it hard to decide what you're objecting to about the method of deciding the round maps. Don't you think a single pool of maps used every event would be boring?

As for aqueous, I'm open minded to its inclusion if most people would like it.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 04:33PM)Undead Wrote: nigga why you exclude aqueous from rotation?

He's not trying to make this a tournament with your average map rotation. He's trying to have different maps so when players old or new can have fun or train during the tournament, as long as experience competitive play in maps they aren't familiar with.
Thanks given by:
Make a pool or something.
Power is cool
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 03:41PM)Roflcopter Wrote: urban

seriously why does anyone play that map
Thanks given by:
lol I see what you mean
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 06:16PM)ReDBuLL Wrote: Its not because undead said aqueouse is not unfairplay than is true.
If u dont like urban its ur probleme , but some ppl like it.
i could also say desert3 is unfairplay.
Power is cool also.

did u use google translate
Thanks given by:
Tosok Douze all the way!!!
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 06:02PM)Roflcopter Wrote: I'm finding it hard to decide what you're objecting to about the method of deciding the round maps.

see

(08 Oct 12, 04:33PM)Undead Wrote: that is an even worse idea than what i thought you were doing.

(08 Oct 12, 06:02PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Don't you think a single pool of maps used every event would be boring?

its not like they're all going to get played every time. we use a single pool every time we play matches in AC. i don't think you've done very much research regarding how map pools are used in tournaments.

(08 Oct 12, 06:16PM)ReDBuLL Wrote: Its not because undead said aqueouse is not unfairplay than is true.
If u dont like urban its ur probleme , but some ppl like it.
i could also say desert3 is unfairplay.
Power is cool also.

don't post, you have no idea what you're talking about and didn't learn how to read in school.
Thanks given by:
What's wrong with putting all the official maps up, and letting the competitors vote for a couple of them?
Thanks given by:
re-read what i have posted.
Thanks given by:
(09 Oct 12, 05:47PM)Undead Wrote:
(08 Oct 12, 06:02PM)Roflcopter Wrote: I'm finding it hard to decide what you're objecting to about the method of deciding the round maps.

see

(08 Oct 12, 04:33PM)Undead Wrote: that is an even worse idea than what i thought you were doing.

That doesn't tell me what you're objecting about my idea, simply that you are objecting to my idea.

(09 Oct 12, 05:47PM)Undead Wrote:
(08 Oct 12, 06:02PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Don't you think a single pool of maps used every event would be boring?

its not like they're all going to get played every time. we use a single pool every time we play matches in AC. i don't think you've done very much research regarding how map pools are used in tournaments.

A pool in the sense you mean there is not the same as I mean. The structure works by having round maps instead of teams picking one map each which would take too long (especially with a potential tiebreaker).

To decide round maps, I can do them completely randomly, randomly in a way that picks popular maps more often, or a way that creates three sets of round maps and allows players to vote on which is used. The latter is what I have in mind at the moment to strike a balance between what players like and variety.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 12, 09:10AM)Roflcopter Wrote: To decide round maps, I can do them completely randomly, randomly in a way that picks popular maps more often, or a way that creates three sets of round maps and allows players to vote on which is used.

sounds great, but pleaaaaaaase no depot as final
Thanks given by:
Some people argued in in the aG cup and acwc to take aqueous off the map pool, and now some others want to add it again ? kkkk.
Thanks given by:
I don't recall how map choice happens. If it both teams pick their own map like a normal CM, or ACWC style, pre-picked maps...both sides getting some love?
Thanks given by:
Eh, I know in the weekly QL cups the map pool is decided by the tournament organizers in advance. If people don't like the map pool, they don't sign up and wait until next week, end of story.

However, this seems like a totally different ballgame (not to mention AC's community is, well, fairly small in comparison to QL which is obscenely tiny in comparison to lots of other shooters on the market).

I might suggest having a large map pool and drawing a fraction from that, somehow, for each week.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 12, 09:10AM)Roflcopter Wrote: To decide round maps, I can do them completely randomly, randomly in a way that picks popular maps more often, or a way that creates three sets of round maps and allows players to vote on which is used. The latter is what I have in mind at the moment to strike a balance between what players like and variety.

for what i had in mind, the one map on two sides was only going to be used in rounds prior to the round of 4, after that, the teams will choose a map each and play both side. this is all assuming that we're doing 7:30/5:00 on each side.

the maps should be completely random, and if a map isn't good enough to be played often then it shouldn't be in the competition, simple as that, which is why i stressed for the map pool that i did.

(10 Oct 12, 05:57PM)Mystered Wrote: Some people argued in in the aG cup and acwc to take aqueous off the map pool, and now some others want to add it again ? kkkk.

don't post if you have no idea what you're talking about.

(10 Oct 12, 07:41PM)Minty Wrote: Eh, I know in the weekly QL cups the map pool is decided by the tournament organizers in advance. If people don't like the map pool, they don't sign up and wait until next week, end of story.

exactly how it should be, assuming the organizers can choose a map pool correctly.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 05:06PM)Xenon Wrote: Urban is the shittest map in history. looks terrible, smells terrible, plays terrible blah blah blah.

If you had caught me even a couple weeks earlier I would have agreed but due to recent awesomeness unleashed... HELL NO. Urban is a decent fking map. I ran some hardcore legit shit on there recently. The key to sexing it up is to adjust AC's gameplay to the map. Some maps require a different style. I've been hating on it for no reason other than that Kiwi made it, and that is a big no-no. Maps shouldn't be judged based on personal bias against their makers. They should be judged on the amount of awesomeness they exude when smacked like some high profile ass on holiday.

Not hating, just saying it's a decent map. It takes a while for me to come around sometimes but when I do... Awww yeah!
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 05:06PM)Xenon Wrote: Urban is the shittest map in history. looks terrible, smells terrible, plays terrible blah blah blah.
Thanks given by:
I am just stating the truth, and i do have an idea of what i am talking about.

I personnally think that maps should be picked for their popularity among the competitve players of ac, and following how often they are picked in clan matches, not pick maps that are played once a year (arabian keller iceroad ...).
Thanks given by: