how can I use mouse2 to move forward
Hi,

I am a newbie at AssaultCube (version 1.041 under Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04) which I like a lot. Yet, I have an old habit from my Unreal Tournament days: I use mouse1 to fire weapons, mouse2 to move forward and arrow up to jump). How can I configure AC to do that? I tried using the Settings->input control menu, but as soon as I press mouse2 it considers it as an "enter" and jumps right back one menu up. I also tried to find a config file to manually edit, but they all have warnings about not trying to edit them.

Can you help me set mouse2 as a "move forward" key?

Thanks,

F
Thanks given by:
bind "MOUSE2" [forward]

Copy and paste it into your autoexec.cfg - also: http://des-bukz.co.cc/forum/index.php?board=7.0
Thanks given by:
Bukz' answer needs a caveat. It'll remove your altaction (scope or nade-select, depending on which weapon you're holding). You'll need to bind something to "altaction" if you want to scope the sniper rifle.
Also
bind UP "jump"
in autoexec.cfg ;)
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was gonna mention to him what he was risking by doing it, but didn't think he'd care anyways. Don't see many people binding MB2 to forward. :p

Edit:

Pssssst. bind, altaction, and domodifier/delta stuff! :D
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 10, 05:53PM)Bukz Wrote: Yeah I was gonna mention to him what he was risking by doing it, but didn't think he'd care anyways. Don't see many people binding MB2 to forward. :p

yeah, its an old but addictive habit.
thanks to you guys for the hack - it worked!
Thanks given by:
It's not a hack xD
Thanks given by:
Though... if you want the latest HAX just click here
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 10, 07:18PM)KN!F3 Wrote: It's not a hack xD

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hack
Definition #6

Hack yes, cheat no.
Thanks given by:
GDM, if it's a hack, if I change my minimap button to the X key, is that a hack???
Thanks given by:
Well in that case I've got tons of hacks. $5.99 each or the whole autoexec for just $50.
Thanks given by:
I've written tons of hax, my best one is the one to automatically get admin from a server without pass. admin hax
Thanks given by:
I have name change hax.
Thanks given by:
Once again.
Thanks given by:
Haha, You love to spam that around dont you? I dont blame you, I try to make a difference. I sure hope that wasn't directed at me.
Thanks given by:
That wouldnt be a cheat because i made it, not using someone elses. :P
Thanks given by: