Let us remember
I disagree. Americans kept living their lives. Osama etc were hiding like little scared kids.

RIP to the Americans who died that day and continue to die in the Middle East.
Thanks given by:
Speaking of which.
RIP Christopher Stevens and the others in Libya.
It's both ironic and sad when you think about how we speak about fighting extremists abroad (namely those of Islam) when we can't even control those within our borders (i.e. those who created that video that once again instigated the middle east and other Muslim countries into protest).
<_<
Thanks given by:
They should learn how to be civilized people instead of wild animals.
Thanks given by:
If they depicted Jesus (or any other important figure in your religion) how would you feel?
I'm tired of people always saying America's right in these sorts of situations.
Thanks given by:
Omigosh. Can we make a peace offering with the Arabs by sending them the makers of that stunt of a film?
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 12, 06:05AM)V-Man Wrote: Omigosh. Can we make a peace offering with the Arabs by sending them the makers of that stunt of a film?
RACIST

loljk
Thanks given by:
?
Arab isn't even a race lol
Thanks given by:
It is so sad that in reality we as a race have not moved on, that film really demonstrates to me why America never quite gets it right, clearly its offensive, clearly it should be banned, clearly it should never of been allowed to be published in the first place. Having said that it does not justify attacking and killing someone in an embassy, oh humanity will you never learn to live with eath other, will the senseless killing never end?

I dont care where people come from or what religion they are, we are all citizens of planet earth, I moarn the loss of child soldiers in Angola or Afgan Tribesmen just as much as I moan the loss of the inocent people on 9/11. I do not revel in the death of Osama, I actually feel sad that once again the circle completes and killing was the only answer.

" the bravest soldier is not the one who picks up the rifle, he's the one who puts it down"
Thanks given by:
@Shad: Only saying that because your India has protests going on as well. Move back to India.
A random guy's youtube video is not reason to jump around like a monkey and slaughter innocent people. There are plenty of anti-Christian videos on the web, and we don't go crazy over them. :3
Let's get some world peace already. NATO knows what's up.
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 12, 03:07PM)Nightmare Wrote: @Shad: Only saying that because your India has protests going on as well. Move back to India.
What is this I don't even.

(15 Sep 12, 03:07PM)Nightmare Wrote: There are plenty of anti-Christian videos on the web, and we don't go crazy over them. :3
That doesn't mean there aren't a shit ton of extreme Christians as well. Look at that killing of Sikhs in Wisconsin! Outside of religion, the USA has plenty of other lunatics (Colorado, anyone?).

(15 Sep 12, 03:07PM)Nightmare Wrote: Let's get some world peace already. NATO knows what's up.
That's not going to happen if they keep going into middle eastern countries that don't need their involvement.
Get your head outta the middle eastern sand, USA!

This isn't the time for the USA to start practicing an extreme version of the Roosevelt's Monroe Doctrine...100 years late.

Anywho. This is silly. A gaming forum trying to discuss world affairs. Lol.
Thanks given by:
One crazy guy here and there compared to everyone running out of their huts and acting like they are tough by attacking people who are helping them.

If NATO didn't take out the air option, Libya's rebels would have easily got bombed ftl. Instead, they win. Thousands of lives saved.
Thanks given by:
Well, it might be a little different now, but you should be a little more careful. 50 years ago, in the US, everyone would run out of their huts and act like they are tough by preventing black students from attending school or university. Don't forget about the anti-communist witch hunt either.
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 12, 03:57AM)Nightmare Wrote: They should learn how to be civilized people instead of wild animals.

i knew you were an elitist but now i see you are a racist bigot

(15 Sep 12, 03:07PM)Nightmare Wrote: A random guy's youtube video is not reason to jump around like a monkey and slaughter innocent people.

to us it isnt, but to muslims having a picture of muhammed is like having a picture of jesus hanging on an upside down cross.
Thanks given by:
@ Cemer. Christians will just write a 'fu u' comment on a youtube video with upside down Jesus. Killing is wrong, and there's nothing racist about calling murderers animals. It's meant to de-humanize them, because Humans are better than this. Grab an American Civilian card & voting card and come vote for Obama with me in November. :)

@ tempest: word choice was poor, sorry. Main point was the U.S has progressed to the point of having a half black President, and a Mormon running for the same position. Lots of other countries have similar Unity of race & religion. Enough violence. The majority wants world peace, lets go get it.

It's one thing to say R.I.P for the dead. It's another to push Humanity forward in their memory.
Thanks given by:
You think the USA can establish "peace"?
Get out of your hole, mate.
Thanks given by:
The USA can, and never will establish peace. We've got our heads too far up our asses for that. We've bombed more countries needlessly then most others, (First two atomic bomb droppings, which had by far more devastating effects) but the moment a tower gets knocked down, we feel as if it's undeserved.

@Nightmare, you disagree why? They may have gone into hiding, yes, because they knew people would be looking for them, but that's not my point, my point was that the act of terrorism did what it was meant to do, spread fear and terror through a violent means, to an extent of which we are still afraid of our kind Middle Eastern neighbors three doors down.
Thanks given by:
shake up weeple
Thanks given by:
It's not about America. There were over 100 nations helping in Iraq & other Middle East missions. Saddam, Gaddafi, Bin Laden. Gone. Doesn't end though, Syria's killing their own people, Iran and Israel are too close for comfort in their rage at each other. Hopefully cooler heads can prevail and more future allies can be made.
Thanks given by:
This thread is about America. All these previous posts were pretty much America.

And I don't really care about other nation's problems, we're not a high school principal and the world is our school. We're not God or any other non-existant being.

We haven't the right to interfere withing the matters of other countries. Their sovereignty is their own
Thanks given by:
Lol. Almost all of that interference in the Middle East stems from USA's never-ending love for Israel. On the path the country is going, we'll soon be facing Iran head-on lol.
Also, do you know who the Syrian government is fighting? I'm not saying that either the government or the rebels are better than the other, but fun fact: a decent portion of them is composed of Al-Qaeda, one of the USA's sworn enemies. Yet here we are, helping the rebels. Ironic.jpg
Thanks given by:
We didn't deserve 9/11. *_*
Just because you think it's okay for governments like Syria to kill their people doesn't mean the rest of the world does.
Thanks given by:
I never said we did, but compared to the things we did to numerous other countries? It's nothing, it's blown far out of proportion
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 12, 06:59PM)Nightmare Wrote: @ Cemer. Christians will just write a 'fu u' comment on a youtube video with upside down Jesus.

so now they are superior?
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 12, 09:52PM)Cemer Wrote: so now they are superior?

By saying "fu u"?
Not with that grammar they aren't \:D
Thanks given by:
is amazing how these facts of tragedy never leaves my mind I remember exactly what happened on September 11, 2001 even though only 5 years old. In this Tuesday I did not go to school because of a headache I remember I was in my room in the morning I turned on the tv and saw a tower on fire the journalists said it was a plane that hit the tower I told my mother what was happening and she thought it was an action movie and right now the second plane had hit the tower I remember when me and my we watched in silence she said "Oh my God" and I stood there not knowing what was because of what is happening, I asked my mother, "Why are these pilots are playing in building the planes?"And she did not answer me.

After that I became more matured I realized that day that I learned that the world people are terrible with the other
Thanks given by:
I honestly believe religion shouldn't get people offended, or at least not at the point of trying or succeed in the murder of another human being.

Lucifer: I honestly didn't understood half of your post.

Now that I realize how young some of you are I feel old hehehe 11 years ago I was 13 that day lol
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 12, 01:56AM)#LuCiF3R# Wrote: It's amazing how these tragedies never leave my mind. I remember exactly what happened on September 11, 2001, even though I was only 5 years old. That Tuesday I did not go to school because of a headache. I remember I was in my room in the morning, and I turned on the tv and saw a tower on fire. The journalists said it was a plane that hit the tower. I told my mother what was happening and she thought it was an action movie. That moment, the second plane had hit the tower. I remember when me and my mom watched it in silence. She said "Oh my God". I stood there, not knowing what was happening. I asked my mother, "Why are these pilots are playing in building with planes?". She did not answer me.

After that I became more mature. I realized that day, I learned that in the world. People are terrible to each other

I tried my best to rewrite his post and give it some English sense
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 12, 08:26PM)Nightmare Wrote: We didn't deserve 9/11. *_*
Just because you think it's okay for governments like Syria to kill their people doesn't mean the rest of the world does.
I agree you didn't deserve it, but neither did all the Middle Eastern civilians that died from American hands and neither did the victims from Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Just because they are having their internal problems doesn't mean US has to move their troops there. You should start fixing your own problems before even attempting to solve another country's.

If you want world peace, you can start by taking out the military from the Middle East.
Thanks given by:
I'm interested in how calling people animals, monkeys, and referring to them coming out of huts fosters world peace. Seems you're sending mixed signals Nightmare.

Also, reveling in the death of Osama is, as anderson pointed out, a great tragedy in itself. Rather than pulling together to fight the attitudes that cause this hate, we foster it more by assassinating the person we force the blame upon. It was Ghandi that said "an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." What makes us better than them? If you're argument, as it seems to go, says "They are religious extremists and act in an animal fashion, but our extremists do it the right way" then I'm afraid, sadly, both parties have essentially not only missed the point, but succeeded in achieving moral fallacy.
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 12, 04:20AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I agree you didn't deserve it, but neither did all the Middle Eastern civilians that died from American hands and neither did the victims from Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
:(

Quote:If you want world peace, you can start by taking out the military from the Middle East.
I'll get on that right away. (point being, if I had that much control over my country, there would be different problems... maybe even fewer problems.)

(15 Sep 12, 07:50PM)Undead Wrote: shake up weeple
Thanks given by: