Discovery
Finally, my map is relatively complete. I feel that it's okay to release though the detail isn't complete due to the lack of time I gave myself.

[Image: Teaser.jpg]

old image and quite a lot has changed, but I'm too lazy to make another. It gives a good enough idea of how the layout is (with a few modifications of course.) Sadly, my Elvis Wormz character has disappeared. :c

I shall be improving this in the future, because I feel I have rushed some aspects to meet the mapping deadline. Hope you still enjoy though. :3

Note: This is for the 7th mapping contest.

Enjoy!
Thanks given by:
Woot, yay snoo. Official gogogo.
Thanks given by:
Looks sexy. I'll take a look at it in a week when I get back into AC.
Thanks given by:
I've noticed that the water is crazy, due to me mapping with /waterreflect off. :| Gaaaah.
Thanks given by:
It would appear that waterreflect is local. Nothing to worry about.
This is a really pretty map, Snoo. Nice job :)
Thanks given by:
Nice map :) I can see that theres a lot of effort in it :) In my opinion the lights are a bit too much. The contrast is really strong. Id go for a little less next time. And yes, the lack of sounds is a pity, it would brighten this map up. I find that the middle rockpart with water seems a bit odd. Seems for the rest like a cool map to play on pubs. And it has some lovely details for instance the cavebase :D Very nice. This map needs to be added in some ladderserver in my opinion. Add it! DEW IT :)
Thanks given by:
Great map, keep up the good work Snoo. :)
Thanks given by:
Im always surprised how threads about maps are spammed with ideas and other nonsense but maps are reviewed so poorly! If you want to talk about quality maps start talking about new maps coming out! This, Here is where it happens not in some lame thread where everyone can say his map of preference. Talk about the new shit, thats the real deal. This map needs more love.
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 12:16PM)YesWeCamp Wrote: Im always surprised how threads about maps are spammed with ideas and other nonsense but maps are reviewed so poorly! If you want to talk about quality maps start talking about new maps coming out! This, Here is where it happens not in some lame thread where everyone can say his map of preference. Talk about the new shit, thats the real deal. This map needs more love.

Old & Washed up mappers fear new blood bettering their old, outdated maps. So bad reviews to try discouraging new mappers.

People still go jibajibaapolloapollo even though they haven't released a map in at least a year. Because mapping had more enthusiasm back then. Now less people care and won't go snoosnoosnoosnooreaganreaganyeswecamphurpdurpson yayayayay. Less players pay attention to new maps, so when mapping becomes the topic, the first they remember are maps from over a year ago.

-No offense jiba/apollo, first older/popular mappers that came to my head so you get used in the example. Post has nothing to do with you guys though. :D

P.S Mapping can go Forward ----->
The in-game auto custom content downloader thingy in the works will be huge. Then mappers suddenly have dozens of new colors to paint with. You use custom content these days, ten people see the map, and it gets little to no play.
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 01:25PM)Nightmare Wrote: The in-game auto custom content downloader thingy in the works will be huge. Then mappers suddenly have dozens of new colors to paint with. You use custom content these days, ten people see the map, and it gets little to no play.

I just wand to say that Jiba/Muzzleflash/Mr.Floppy don't need unofficial contents to beat us all. Nuff'said
Thanks given by:
Who is Muzzleflash? :(
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 07:39PM)Nightmare Wrote: Who is Muzzleflash? :(

He made apache. Jump on it, jump on it!
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 08:57PM)Snoosnoo Wrote:
(21 Sep 12, 07:39PM)Nightmare Wrote: Who is Muzzleflash? :(

He made apache. Jump on it, jump on it!
What is apache? O_O
Thanks given by:
Apache is an amazing map with a hotel, rooftops, a parking lot, and more!
Try to vote it on some servers, Im sure youll find it soon!
Thanks given by:
Just play this one for a change...
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 09:33PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Apache is an amazing map with a hotel, rooftops, a parking lot, and more!
Try to vote it on some servers, Im sure youll find it soon!
It's also a relatively large software company, I think.
Or a group of Native Americans.
All in all, quality name choice.
Thanks given by: