Win32 Exception on New Netbook
I recently bought an Atom N2600 netbook for ultraportable productivity, but mostly for gaming (please, no trolling about how netbooks suck). I immediately installed AssaultCube, hoping to spend many hours shooting bots on long trips. :) Problem is, AC crashes right before the setup menu appears. I can get to the loading screen just fine, and I can see which map is being loaded, but after that, I get a 'Win32 Exception: 0xc0000005' every time. The following bracketed address changes with each occurence. I have no idea what this means, and I'm hoping one of you can help me out.
Thanks given by:
The most common problem are outdated graphic drivers. Which graphic chip does this netbook have?
Thanks given by:
It has the Intel GMA 3600. It's infamous for having terrible driver support, so I'm not surprised that's why AC crashes. Guess I'll go to Intel's forum and see what I can do there.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Do you get any output text in the console (the black window :) ). If so, could you upload a screenshot?
Thanks given by:
Not much is there.
https://www.box.com/s/ttkqut8j4p6o5t8i1md3
Thanks given by:
That looks like a graphic-related problem indeed. It crashes as soon as 3D stuff is being rendered.
Thanks given by:
There you go: Download

Hope this one is helping you
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your effort, but I already have that driver. I've posted to the Intel forum, and found that I'm not the only one with a problem. The drivers in general are just unfinished.[/u]
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear ...
You could try getting Linux working on your netbook. Intel graphic chips got nice support there.
Thanks given by:
If I were to get Linux to work, I would only use it for AC. I don't need it for anything else, and frankly, it's just not worth the effort.
Thanks given by:
What brand of netbook is it, HP, acer ?

How much free space on the SSD. Netbooks use ssd right?

Solid-state drive.

nowkiss.pdf
Thanks given by:
It's a refurbished Gateway LT4004u I got from Newegg. I've updated the BIOS from 1.03 to 1.08, if that means anything.

Actually, no, most netbooks don't have SSD's. I have a 250 GB HDD with 158 GB of free space, at the moment.
Thanks given by:
The computers at my school have the same error problem. They should have decent graphics cards, if I'm not mistaken. The funny thing is, these computers run Halo CE nicely.
Thanks given by:
Paraphrased: "I have a netbook and I won't run Linux on it"

Wait, really? Netbooks can run on something other than Linux?

Hehe..
Thanks given by:
Yes...with 2 gigs of RAM. :D
Thanks given by:
Oddly enough, I can run the original Cube with no problems whatsoever, and it's very playable.
Thanks given by: