A couple of thoughts
Thought the first:
F3. There should be an abstention option for in game voting.

Thought the second:
Per weapon automatic reload options. Exempli gratia: I don't want my AR to auto reload, but I do want my pistol/akimbo to auto reload.
Thanks given by:
+1 for the second one
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 12, 08:45PM)YourSister Wrote: +1 for the second one
Thanks given by:
You can easily script the second one.
F1 to the first one.
Thanks given by:
I thought we weren't allowed to script weapon behavior.
Thanks given by:
No but you can detect which weapon is out, and change autoreload.
Thanks given by:
F3 seems unnecessary. Just don't vote :s.
Thanks given by:
call me old school, but i like to press r, not every situation is ideal for auto reload
Thanks given by:
No vote actually is a F2 when it gets tallied up.
Thanks given by:
@ShadowFlameZ

That skews the voting results though; an F0 is essentially the same as an F2.

So, say you have a server with 20 players, there's a vote called for "unarmed" to be forced to the other team. 9 players F1, 3 players F2, and the other 8 players F0. This vote fails.

Now, let's say you have the same 20 players and the same vote initiated. 9 players F1, 3 players F2, 5 players F0, and 3 players F3. This vote passes.

An F3 would essentially tell the server to consider you the equivalent of not present on the server. So, it would be calculating the vote result based on 17 players instead of 20.

Personally, sometimes i don't give a shit about what is being voted on and just want the vote to disappear. This would give people that option without really affecting the vote.

@Vermi: --I think i got it--
The point in not having an AR or whatever auto reload and having the pistols reload is basically one of time management.

Reload time on the AR is substantial, so a maual reload is potentially advantageous if you are one who frequently switches between primary and other weapons. For the pistol, the reload time is so fast that, even if you were going to switch to another weapon and are in the middle of an auto reload and have to wait until that is finished, it doesn't really matter.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but IMO that's simply due to the fact that the voting system is broken. Not voting shouldn't count as a "no" vote, period. There are exactly two reasons why you'd (want to) abstain:
1) you don't care about the vote, or you don't know enough to vote
2) you don't know about F1/F2
I don't see why either of these should count as a no.
Thanks given by:
@tempest:
Yes, that is true of the voting system. If it were made so that F0s are considered equivalent to an abstension instead of an F2, that would be fine with me. I'd personally still want a bind available to make the current vote disappear from my screen while I don't participate in the vote for those times I don't care.

<hopeful_naivety>
I'd like to think that there could be the slightest bit of an educational opportunity here. When people think of voting, they usually think of Yes/No. But the forgotten "abstention" is recognized as a valid and useful voting option for the majority of voting systems. Aside from any ingame issues, there is the possibility of education on this matter via a small choice in the voting system of a free first person shooter video game. It's tiny, but it's there.
</hopeful_naivety>
Thanks given by:
Wait...you want F0's and F3's? Do they do the same thing? Am I missing something?
(Unless I misunderstood the example you gave)
Thanks given by:
F0 is my shorthand for not pressing F1 or F2. There is no F0 key to press.

If you are asking if I would like F0s to be considered abstentions and to have the "make the vote disappear without voting F1 or F2" button be F3, sure, that'd be fine.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 12, 12:38AM)failure Wrote: I'd personally still want a bind available to make the current vote disappear from my screen while I don't participate in the vote for those times I don't care.
Okay, that makes sense.

(10 Sep 12, 12:38AM)failure Wrote: <hopeful_naivety>
[...]
</hopeful_naivety>
Indeed, that's quite important in politics, but I don't think that while playing an FPS game, anyone will actually start counting non-voters and draw any conclusions from that. Conclusions other than "Are you too dumb to press F1, f***ing idiots?", I mean :) At least I know I wouldn't.
Thanks given by:
hence the tag...
Thanks given by:
"Thought the second:"

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-38-post-4...l#pid44836
Thanks given by:
LOL... looks like it might be a KH thing then... too funny.

Thanks, BTW.
Thanks given by: