your most hated and fave maps
what is your most hated map and what map do you enjoy the most.

mine is that i hate AC_douze. i dont know why, i just allways seem to do badly on that map.

my best map would be AC_power.

what about you?
Thanks given by:
Hmm, in 1.0, the ones I dislike are scaffold, keller, toxic and douze. Scaffold is just not really nice-looking, keller is way too big for any mode, toxic is very disorganised and to me, douze doesn't fit any modes because of the levelling and such a large open space (it's boring even in osok). Douze wasn't made for AC originally anyway, it was made for Cube, and has also been ported to Cube 2, in which it has been, and is a very successful and popular map.

Everything else I love :)
Thanks given by:
I despise keller because it is a mess. desert and complex and douze are my favourites simply because they go so well with dm games and there are plenty of pickups. Only because I like to hog pickups :D
Thanks given by:
I don't really like keller, can never get the hang of all the routes and what not. Also, elevation isn't a map I quite fancy either (although I wouldn't mind it coming up in a maprot). For some reason, I find sunset a map that you can either pwn on or do terrible on. It's just that map.

I love complex, and douze. I think I know complex inside out and as nooby as it sounds I love osok sessions on douze!

EDIT: lolol just realised I mixed up douze for depot.
Thanks given by:
keller a mess? that is one hell of a straightforward map..

i only "hate" desert and only because of... all the very pro people who like to vote it in clangames. come up with something new. depot follows closely after, but only if i have already played it 3 times that day :X
Thanks given by:
+1 with Drakas for the maps I don't like.
I love depot (very good gameplay), mines, and my prefered map for public servers is industrialisies (not enough played imho :p)
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 10, 05:12PM)Panda Wrote: i only "hate" desert and only because of... all the very pro people who like to vote it in clangames. come up with something new. depot follows closely after, but only if i have already played it 3 times that day :X
Well, I have that with depot. I just ask people not to play it against me because I'm so bored with it. I don't hate it, though :)
Thanks given by:
depot because it's beastly. riverside because my shotty runs wild on it. elevation same thing. dust2 for awesome tdms. italy for headshot happiness. original italy btw, not that deluxe crap. sunset for rvsf wreckage. Insane ratios there. snow for team survivor + tdm = very fun. power for shotty rampage again. I run lines there all day long!
Thanks given by:
ac_victor is the best map in AssaultCube history, and always will be.
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 10, 05:33PM)Syntax Wrote: ac_victor is the best map in AssaultCube history, and always will be.
Thanks given by:
I almost "hate" ac_desert just because it's ALWAYS up on half the servers. It's like the de_dust2 of AC.

My favorite is probably the new ac_iceroad.
And I still love ac_complex.
Thanks given by:
it depends who is with you in this map :)
Thanks given by:
I love (non-official) twintowerstumba, skycraper, snipercity, beastwars, hightowers, ezjemville and dodgeball... (official) ac_douze, ac_depot, ac_shine and ac_power...

I do not remember a map I hate... tbh...
Thanks given by:
I love ac_shine and ac_derb
but i dislike ac_depot a bit (maybe cuz i suck in it...)

And you'll all love my next map :D
Thanks given by:
If i do not have video lag in your next map, I surely will love it, Mathias!
Thanks given by:
Oh for non-official maps the original TwinTowers is the best. Then comes this awesome underwater GEMA that was huge.
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 10, 10:04PM)Brahma Wrote: If i do not have video lag in your next map, I surely will love it, Mathias!

so why do you love headshot city, twin towers, etc. :D
Thanks given by:
Trust me... last map i checked from Mathias i had more video lag than TwinTowersTumba.... :P
reason: some heavy mapmodels were too close
Thanks given by:
Of the official maps i just don't like douze, boring shit! The rest is quality stuff, the favs: desert3, urban and mines for CTF; desert2 for HTF; elevation for (T)KTF, complex and desert for DM.
From the custom maps I like apollo's desertcity, office, vengaza and riverside
Thanks given by:
I like all the officials except for urban.

But my least favourite unofficial is Brooklyn_At_Midnight (it's a giant box of a map with no spawns)

My favourite official map is a tricky one. I would have to say.... all of them except for urban :P
Thanks given by:
I dislike douze since it has such a surreal and wide-open feel to it.
My favorite maps are ac_desert3 and ac_toxic, mostly because you get really high scores on them if you can gain control of the map early on.
Gibstick Wrote:I despise keller because it is a mess.
That's the exact reason I like it! Noobs can't handle its twists and turns and get lost, allowing me to run flags unchecked. :-P
Thanks given by:
ac_tenis is the greatest map ever and cant stress how much i hate ac_gothic for ctf
Thanks given by:
I love Bukz_Concealed_Crypts. I hate no map, they are all equal in my eyes.
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 10, 11:50PM)Brahma Wrote: Trust me... last map i checked from Mathias i had more video lag than TwinTowersTumba.... :P
reason: some heavy mapmodels were too close

Which map was that?
Thanks given by:
Quote:cant stress how much i hate ac_gothic for ctf
touche
Thanks given by:
like: tennis_hideaway, VB_Poolparty, ac_sunset, ac_elevation
dislike: ac_douze, ac_depot
Thanks given by:
the ones I love: desert, wasteland, scaffold (small and efficient)
the ones I hate: urban, power, mines
Thanks given by:
My Love :Shine,Depot,Gothic[And who said its bad for CTF?],Power
My Hate :urban,kellar
Thanks given by:
i like all maps ;) simple i know..
I HATE alot of custom maps.. you know the map you join and you cant see anybody. Or the ones that are huge and you got one lil sorry __________ <===insert bad word there.. that wants to sit in a corner and shoot a wall.. or maps that have no gernades on them and it is a huge map in lss. many people just dont think before they vote i guess :/
Thanks given by:
Someone actually wanted to play pistol frenzy at rattrap..... O_o
Thanks given by: