Why on Earth.....
[Image: 14977536467983691667418.jpg]
Discuss.

PS: I love USA, the only thing I dislike is McDonald's...
Thanks given by:
No, this is stupid, you're baiting, stop it.
Thanks given by:
The Americans use SI units in medicines and sciences, however I'm not sure if they do so in the US army.

The non-SI units in USA are transformations of cubit measures developed by the Aztecs - they used the lengths of forearms, palms etc.. The non-SI units in the UK are derived form the roman miles etc..
Thanks given by:
Lol. USA has to make themselves seem better than the rest \:D.
Thanks given by:
How the USA feels about the metric system. Does no one else see this?
*warning- may be offensive to some

Imperial vs Metric System
Thanks given by:
You know what's even more retarded? The UK uses both the systems.
Thanks given by:
This is why we got nukes first. Got to the moon first. Will have a colony on Mars first.
;)
Thanks given by:
Nono, that's cuz you had a cut-off location from the original innovators. You used to be nothing :D
Thanks given by:
you, me, them, not true
progress is standing on the
shoulders of giants

as the wise man said
lesser artists will borrow
greater know to steal
Thanks given by:
Just lol
Thx for sharing!
And @Lateralus, LOL
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 12, 08:31PM)Nightmare Wrote: This is why we got nukes first. Got to the moon first. Will have a colony on Mars first.
;)
proud american boasting for having nukes. why am i not surprised
and why 'we'? do you and family and friends have nukes in your backyard too? Did you and some friend also go to the moon? nope, it was all the gov't and nasa.

WE GOT TACOS. UMAD.
Thanks given by:
Because we are United. \:D
Any American's achievement is our own. <3
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 12, 10:27PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: WE GOT TACOS. UMAD.

We have drive through tacos. YOU MAD??
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 12, 08:31PM)Nightmare Wrote: This is why we got nukes first. Got to the moon first. Will have a colony on Mars first.
;)
I don't see how changing the way you measure things got all of these. I also can't get how and why you're proud for something that would cause disaster and death in the world. Just like a rat running around among his mates and being proud because he accomplished to create a rattrap. You also haven't ever reached moon, not in 1969 at least. Colony on Mars? Sir, you've read too much.

On a personal note, I used to believe you more intelligent. On a side note, thanks, this was just some sort of personal experiment, I'm done here.
Thanks given by:
I seriously think it was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment. I know him enough that he wouldn't agree to weaponized nuclear technology.

We all play a game that depicts mass murder and terrorism, which is by the way a current issue that is very sensitive.

Like me, I'm positive he separates fiction from real life. You have to take every post on these forums with a grain of salt. Give a guy a break, please.
Thanks given by:
Unity and Love is much better. :3
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 12, 10:54PM)Lateralus Wrote:

Not really. Tacos in the US are pretty shit.
Thanks given by:
Shit and E Coli. Lovely combo.
Thanks given by:
USA!!!!!!!!!! USA!!!!!!!!!!!!! USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 12, 04:01AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(29 Aug 12, 10:54PM)Lateralus Wrote:

Not really. Tacos in the US are pretty shit.

touche :)
Thanks given by:
I would prefer the US used the metric system. It's so much cleaner to measure with.
Thanks given by:
Then we wouldn't need to do unnecessary work like converting from decimeters to milli-inches or some bs like that lol
Thanks given by:
Doritos Locos Tacos. \:D
Thanks given by:
HEY GUISE LET'S ALL BE PATRIOTIC.
Thanks given by:

ONE FOR THE COUNTRY ROBERT!!!111!!!11
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 12, 05:09AM).JK. Wrote: I would prefer the US used the metric system. It's so much cleaner to measure with.

(30 Aug 12, 05:42AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Then we wouldn't need to do unnecessary work like converting from decimeters to milli-inches or some bs like that lol
That's what I was exactly talking about.
(@extreme USA patriots)
Thanks given by:
Do you want the whole world to speak Italian as well? :O
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 12, 06:17PM)Nightmare Wrote: Do you want the whole world to speak Italian as well? :O

You didn't get the point. If 95% of the world were speaking Italian, then it would indeed make sense to ask the remaining 5% to speak it as well. Of course, no one would force them to, but it would be much better for their economy, scientific community etc.
Thanks given by:
Probably has something to do with along the lines of being different from our previous evil King, showing off Superpower status, or scaring away foreigners, or confusing spies with our mysterious inches.
Serious btw.
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 12, 06:32PM)tempest Wrote:
(30 Aug 12, 06:17PM)Nightmare Wrote: Do you want the whole world to speak Italian as well? :O

You didn't get the point. If 95% of the world were speaking Italian, then it would indeed make sense to ask the remaining 5% to speak it as well. Of course, no one would force them to, but it would be much better for their economy, scientific community etc.
Yeah.

Hey Nightmare, it's your system indeed, but don't tell me that using 1760, 12, 3 and 16 is smarter than using just 1-100-1000. Or putting the day between the month and the year does make sense. BUT HEY! It's your system, have fun with it!
Thanks given by: