RIP Neil Armstrong
[Image: 1PH29.jpg]
Thanks given by:
@Doogum, its easy, those scientific advancements brought to the table have not necessarily been put to good use, less coming from the USA government. Ans that he formed part of a scientific crew doesnt mean he was key in the successes of those investigations.
In addition, one must not believe in all that is told; with Andersons exposition, we learned much, but, as explained above I wouldnt take everything for granted. Even thought it draws quite the picture, we are still talking of one person.
He might have been a great man, respectful teacher, incredible engineer and whatnot, but for me, there are far greater things in live to show respect and caring than the death of an old man.
Thanks given by:
Paul please, be my guest if you don't like the world you're living in, go ahead as a volunteer in Africa, and stop hijacking other people topics. It's getting annoying to read you over and over whining about starving kids, and what not. Go ahead help them, sell all your stuff fly to Africa breast feed them if you like. Just stop.

He's now among the stars where he belongs. A great lost for humanity.
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 12, 12:24AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: He might have been a great man, respectful teacher, incredible engineer and whatnot, but for me, there are far greater things in live to show respect and caring than the death of an old man.
Fine. You go care and respect those things, but for the love of god leave us alone so that we can care for what we feel is important to us.

paulmuaddibKA Wrote:Elaborate on what god you refer to, do it for the lulz.
*sigh*
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 12, 12:24AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: @Doogum, its easy, those scientific advancements brought to the table have not necessarily been put to good use, less coming from the USA government. Ans that he formed part of a scientific crew doesnt mean he was key in the successes of those investigations.
In addition, one must not believe in all that is told; with Andersons exposition, we learned much, but, as explained above I wouldnt take everything for granted. Even thought it draws quite the picture, we are still talking of one person.
He might have been a great man, respectful teacher, incredible engineer and whatnot, but for me, there are far greater things in live to show respect and caring than the death of an old man.

So instead you don't show respect at all? That's very narrow. It's pretty ignorant to not see how directly or indirectly his contribution benefited society or have the potential to benefit society. It's a network and progression of ideas and innovations that lead to the next. I'm not going to say he helped build houses in Africa, but I'd sure stand behind the thought that the technology developed to built cordless tools have expedited the process of building houses and global aid in general. I mean how do you think the peace corps is building houses over there, or inner city organizations repairing homes? I'm also fairly sure Anderson could provide citations in order to confirm what he is saying is true.

We are talking of one person because he just passed away. That's what you do when a person dies; you remember them and reflect on their life. No one is saying he reinvented the wheel, but an RIP thread is definitely in order
Thanks given by:
Quote:but I'd sure stand behind the thought that the technology developed to built cordless tools have expedited the process of building houses and global aid in general. I mean how do you think the peace corps is building houses over there, or inner city organizations repairing homes? I'm also fairly sure Anderson could provide citations in order to confirm what he is saying is true.
Quote:but I´d sure stand behind the thought that the technology developed to build cordless tools have expedited the process of building weapon machinery and global warfare in general. I mean how do you think the "US army" is building complexes over there, or inner military organizations repairing bases? I´m also fairly sure Anderson could provide...
Making a point I already refuted way earlier.
Good job remembering a guy when he is already dead, that is extraordinarily amusing.
Also this is not about Africa, as much as it is about:

[Irrelevant links removed]

But im sure you all guys are too busy reading about our friend Neil, to ever consider anything of the above... and WHY IT HAPPENS.
Thanks given by:
For fuck's sake now this is getting tiresome.
If you want to go rant about all your save-the-world shenanigans then be my guest, make a fucking thread about it.
But please, PLEASE, don't go trying to tarnish a good man's name. The only one who ends up looking worse is you.
You've ripped into this enough. As XRD said, draw the line.
[/thread]
Thanks given by: