Why am I blacklisted
Don't you remember getting banned from the forums for cheating or summat? ._.
Thanks given by:
Hi all,

Firstly, I did a quick check in the obvious threads and I didn't see anything about me.

I've been playing Minecraft only for a few days and I got back on AC for a few frags and I noticed several servers say I am blacklisted on them.

Does anyone know anything about this?

It better not have anything to do with the coop server I played on -- this guy seemed baffled that I was flying (he must've not know much about editing) it was on a map soda-me was working on. (he explicitly called me a hacker, but I didn't think he was serious -- thought he was just a noob) Then it switched to OSOK and I kept getting killed and got bored and left.

That was the most recent match I had played so I have no other guesses as to what's going on?

Again I haven't been on AC for at least four days to my knowledge (I honestly don't know how long I've been playing Minecraft :P)
Thanks given by:
Either that or you're caught in a range ban. Is your IP dynamic?
Btw, sorry for being offtopic, but why does your last sentence have a question mark if it's not a question? I see this happening a lot and i can't figure out exactly why people continue to write like that.
Thanks given by:
To my knowledge it is when you make a statement with doubt -- you yourself do not know if it is valid so you make it an interrogative to invite correction. (read it out loud and you should be able to hear the tone that invites answers)

I don't know a lot about IP.
Thanks given by:
This is the entry in my blacklist

// Name: kekeke aka Felix-The-Ghost, olololol
// Ban date: 11 april 2012
// Server: {TyD}Forgotten, [aCKa]@Neptuno etc
// Ban reason: editmode/wallhack
// Proof: http://www.mediafire.com/?csjzsv5a668t332

as reported here
Thanks given by:
Wat.
Did the forums glitch, or am I the only one seeing the forums saying that I started this thread, when it was in fact felix the ghost...
Thanks given by:
(20 Aug 12, 08:47PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Did the forums glitch...
Yes. The time on the server keeps resetting to some ridiculous time. I'm investigating.

On topic: You haven't stated where you're blacklisted, Felix. If it's only a handful of servers, it's probably just one or two blacklists. There's no entry in the CBL that covers the IP you posted from.
Thanks given by:
I'm banned from around two dozen servers, and I wasn't before.
Aow, Silverlight, MLP, 007, and more (I don't know if there's some kind of routine to gather this information better)
Thanks given by:
Post a screenie, probably it is servers owners who don´t update their blacklists.
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 12, 07:50PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: probably it is servers owners who don´t update their blacklists.

Or server owners who do update their blacklists. He is blacklisted from {BoB} which provides a publicly available blacklist. Server owners may be updating from there.
Thanks given by:
Well, for offenders, I believe, that, if masterserver bans apply for three months, it should be the same for server bans, or at least have it considered by server owners.
But, if you indiscriminately add entries to your blacklist, and then dont go over all the cases, then you are not "updating" it.
What if I had a blacklist cause I insulted a BoB member, out of personal grudge, I got BL, and then, as that entry is used in many other servers, no one gives me another chance to play (by erasing that entry), even if I am the most helpful, fun, or whatever dude, but had that one bad day?
I still cant connect to some servers with my clan tag {CoE} for offenses I did not commit, or were involved, because of lack of update of blacklist entries.
Good that some server owners do take this seriously, and will whitelist if asked nicely! Like I have been in some servers... but not all...
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 12, 08:55PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: . . . if masterserver bans apply for three months, it should be the same for server bans, or at least have it considered by server owners.
But, if you indiscriminately add entries to your blacklist, and then dont go over all the cases, then you are not "updating" it.

It is not the server owners responsibility to go through the hundreds of entries and remove 3 month old ones or ask users if they feel they've learned their lesson. The blacklisted user should appeal a blacklist if they feel they were wrongly blacklisted.

In this case above, he is not appealing the blacklist. He is asking why he is blacklisted. If he were appealing, it may be discussed and then removed possibly, thus being updated. At this point, there is no reason to remove the entry.
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 12, 09:23PM)blueberry Wrote:
(21 Aug 12, 08:55PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: . . . if masterserver bans apply for three months, it should be the same for server bans, or at least have it considered by server owners.

It is not the server owners responsibility to go through the hundreds of entries and remove 3 month old ones or ask users if they feel they've learned their lesson.
Why not? It is your server, you are providing a service.
If you have mediocre standards, then, I guess its ok (I didnt even had a blacklist in my server when it was up).
Im appealing to the more played server owners, they should at least consider each entry, and, why not, revisit it once in a while!
Thanks given by:
Let's not go off-topic here. Start a thread if you want and I'd be happy to discuss it there.
Thanks given by:
Again, there's a few dozen servers I can't connect to, so I can't screenshot them all.
Here are some though (in grey text)

[Image: 20120821_23_41_50_ac_outpost_TDM.jpg]

And again, I could join every server, then someone ("killer" or something in AC, "agri3fer" in MC) invited me to their Minecraft server, I stopped playing AC and got back on a few days later and was blacklisted everywhere.

The only "suspicious" thing I did was fly in coop mode and scared a noob who didn't understand coop mode. He called me a hacker which is why I am mentioning this.

blueberry Wrote:In this case above, he is not appealing the blacklist. He is asking why he is blacklisted. If he were appealing, it may be discussed and then removed possibly, thus being updated. At this point, there is no reason to remove the entry.

Your logic is silly if you require an explicit appeal, failing to see that I wasn't even on AC during the time someone blacklisted me. If I had a reason to be blacklisted, I'd know and this topic wouldn't exist.

The idea that one server owner did and others followed makes sense to me, though I had no idea so many people would update from a single server's BL. Still no one has admitted to being the first, so this sounds like a fluke (I of course know I did nothing)
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 12, 12:54AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Your logic is silly if you require an explicit appeal, failing to see that I wasn't even on AC during the time someone blacklisted me.

You go on AC, hack a bit, and then get off AC. Someone reports it a few days later. There. Your logic is silly. Not saying you hack, although your logic why you don't hack isn't sound.

(22 Aug 12, 12:54AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: If I had a reason to be blacklisted, I'd know and this topic wouldn't exist.

If you watch the demo, you'll see it's in mode keep the flag. Not coop like you claim. There isn't much you can do to argue against it, other than the fact that maybe the hacker was an impostor of you.
Thanks given by:
blueberry Wrote:Someone reports it a few days later.
Except this evidently never happened (never mind that the former never happened), so no one seems to know why I am blacklisted.

blueberry Wrote:If you watch the demo, you'll see it's in mode keep the flag. Not coop like you claim. There isn't much you can do to argue against it, other than the fact that maybe the hacker was an impostor of you.

No one cares about that. That's from months ago and I have been able to play on all servers since. It's only yesterday I noticed some other blacklist against me has taken place within a few days before. I don't think coop supports demos anyway.

Seeing as you do not know who has done this to me, I am politely requesting you cease to post in this thread.
Thanks given by:
im gonna un bl u Felix
Thanks given by:
Thank you Jg99 :DDD
So you copied some of BoB's list?
Thanks given by:
yeah, i remove a lot of entries from BoB cause a lot are unfair

btw i use my own bl as well
Thanks given by:
most server owners will ban cheaters longer than the 3 month cbl. This is mainly to deter people from wanting to hack again. No idea why you'd be un-cbl'ed and then randomly get blacklisted after the 3 months were up though. If indeed that is what happened.
Thanks given by:
Felix, it's because for most of August, up to the 20th, your IP was in a range not banned on the BoB blacklist. It then changed to one that is banned. That's it. The best thing you could do is tell BoB clan what all your possible IP ranges are; then there won't be a time when you're accidentally unbanned. :)
Thanks given by:
Whenever one of our devices fails to connect to the internet, we just unplug the router for a second and somehow in the re-initialization things get fixed :P

Hardware and networking have always been my weak areas. How does one acquire a range of possible addresses for one's network?
Thanks given by:
because IP addresses are dynamic, or they have same provider as you
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 12, 05:00AM)Jg99 Wrote: yeah, i remove a lot of entries from BoB cause a lot are unfair

You do not "remove entries from BoB" because you are not an admin there! BoB provide their blacklist to other server owners to assist them, if you do not like the blacklist then do not use it but do not make judgements about fairness when you do not know the facts.
Thanks given by:
no for my servers duh
Thanks given by:
fuck skype

i almost told Skype to S a C but their forums suck shit. Stupid mfers don't know what community support is. They can lick a faggot's ass rim.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 12, 08:36AM)MorganKell Wrote: fuck skype

i almost told Skype to S a C but their forums suck shit. Stupid mfers don't know what community support is. They can lick a faggot's ass rim.
Put the bottle down...
Thanks given by:
close this thread, its getting off topic. Kthanx have a fun day!
Thanks given by:
Morgan.. Banned already! HAHA 1 day back to AC drinking! HAHAH
Thanks given by: