It's that time!
Ok, this debate probably annoys the hell out of all of you veterans of Assault Cube, but I'd just like to raise the question one more time: Why the hell are you blocking servers for using custom maps? I may never play this game again, but I still have fond memories of it, and I think it can be great again for others if you let people do what they want.
Thanks given by:
Servers with custom maps are not blocked.

Edit: Unless there's something you're not clarifying, that's the simple answer.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 12, 07:56AM)blueberry Wrote: Servers with custom maps are not blocked.

Try again (hint: it wasn't a question of whether or not they're blocked).
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 12, 07:49AM)Koolg223 Wrote: Why the hell are you blocking servers for using custom maps?

This is a question. I don't really understand your post I suppose. Would you mind clarifying?
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 12, 08:00AM)Koolg223 Wrote:

The question is why you do it, and if it can be reversed. I've asked this once before, and I felt inspired to do it again since I ran into some old AC buddies.
Thanks given by:
No one is blocking servers for using custom maps. There is plenty of servers with custom maps. By those means, your argument is invalid.
Thanks given by:
Who is 'you'? Individual players putting them into the hate list on their clients?
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 12, 08:05AM)Koolg223 Wrote:
(17 Aug 12, 08:00AM)Koolg223 Wrote:

The question is why you do it, and if it can be reversed. I've asked this once before, and I felt inspired to do it again since I ran into some old AC buddies.

If that's true, then that's awesome. I saw in a sticky that you couldn't use a custom maprot, plus last I checked the devs hard coded in map requirements, so that only "approved" maps could be used, which is just the worst thing... If that's changed, then that makes me happy.

Can someone clarify the requirements then on maps?
Thanks given by:
That's not the case. You may use custom maps in a maprot. Just a misunderstanding it seems lol.

Edit: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 12, 08:13AM)blueberry Wrote: That's not the case. You may use custom maps in a maprot. Just a misunderstanding it seems lol.

Edit: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html

Sorry, I misread your first post to say "they are blocked" which was what confused me. If the devs have relaxed on the map requirements then that's great.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 12, 08:16AM)Koolg223 Wrote: If the devs have relaxed on the map requirements then that's great.

I don't believe there ever was a time where custom maprots were blocked. There are specific requirements for individual maps, but server requirements are few: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2677.html
Thanks given by:
Hahaha Koolg223, I think you might have come to late. Now there is a huge variety of custom maps that are playable, but they use some kind of "bug" to surpass map requirements.
But, with the new release, map requirements are getting revisited so it will take a while to find a workaround, or even its possible that no workaround is ever found!
So, as the release has been delayed for a long time now, I sugegst you to jump in ACçs fun wagon while it lasts, and then you can rq again!
Welcome back!
Thanks given by:
Koolg welcome to the New Era. The devs realized that AC was supposed to be fun and they've gotten over their bullshit. Granted you were and are still a member of $uperior... but we've been repping new maps and new fked up awesomeness since day 23440. Hop on the bandwagon and let's have some fun!
Thanks given by:
The mappers defending restrictions got their maps to default pack but they realized their maps still aren't played by noobs enough, so the restrictions were published. :) Therefore Drakas ended with his 4 maps in maprot. :) quality of maps is fairy tale for kids , OP douze is next nice example. It is just game, don't take it serious.
Thanks given by: