Ultimate Cubers Championship
Aerosol eSports would like to to present you an experimental concept for a gaming league in AssaultCube that we would like to try for this year at least. This concept is somewhat based on the successful ideas Sauerleague PSL that ran for several years.
It's not the same system, luckily, as I didn't like everything about the PSL.

Our competition is called:

Ultimate Cubers Championship (UCC).

An explination of how the Championship will be run:

Concept:

UCC exists out of a regular season, post-season (World Finals) and the ultimate title fight between the 2 best
in the overall season.

Regular Season

Start: September
Ends: April

1 Team Tournament is organized each month. You earn points toward your team's ranking.

1 Duel Tournament organized each month. You earn points toward your personal ranking.

There will be 3 Different Game modes to be champion in.

Team modes: TDM / TOSOK / CTF
Duel modes: DM / OSOK / LSS

There are 2 Rankings:

- Normal Season ranking

- Ranking for each game mode (Only used to decide qualifiers World Final)

The Post Season (World Finals)

Starts: July
Ends: August

This season will earn Double Points regular season Ranking

Teams:

Each above game mode has its own World Final.

Best 4 teams in the specific game mode ranking will be qualified to play in the world final of that game specific mode.

Duelers:
Each above game mode has its own World Final.

Best 8 players in the specific game mode ranking are qualified for playing in the world final for that game mode.

Ultimate Cubers Championship Title Fights

Teams:

Best 2 teams in overall season rankings play versus each other in a Best-of-3 match to discover the Champion.

Duelers:

Best 2 players in overall season rankings play versus each other in a Best-of-3 match to discover the Champion

You can find the UCC website at: http://ucc.aerosol-esports.org/
Thanks given by:
I presume Davi is helping/running this aswell?

GW, I'm sure oNe and alot of us will play in the duel section aswell as team section.
Thanks given by:
Good job for organising this championship. I wish you good luck. We'll be considering this in =MyS=
Thanks given by:
no survivor in duelmodes?
Thanks given by:
Great job Aero !
Thanks given by:
really really drawn out im not going to compete in a silly year long tournament.

putting osok/lss/tosok in shows how much you thought it through as well.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 12:00PM)Undead Wrote: really really drawn out im not going to compete in a silly year long tournament.

Thanks given by:
y u no htf/tktf?!

Good luck though. <3
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 12:00PM)Undead Wrote: really really drawn out im not going to compete in a silly year long tournament.

I don't think you understood the whole concept then.. but whatever your loss!
Thanks given by:
http://ucc.aerosol-esports.org/
cant read --" change colors omg. try black on white instead of grey on white.

Btw too many leagues started.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 02:23PM)Edward Wrote: Btw too many leagues started created
FTFY
None of them are starting until ACWC ends (if they are starting at all...).
Thanks given by:
I don't think a 5 month league will work at all.
Thanks given by:
I like it.
Thanks given by:
We're liking the feedback that I get from this thread. We are also reconsidering the length of the season. Though I stay at my vision of a multi-game mode league. This not a CTF League because there have been so many. When I thought out this league, which I did, I based it on existing gaming and other leagues. PSL from Sauer were a great inspiration source. They had a very successful monthly leagues

What CAN be a discussed is which 3 game modes should be played in this tourney for both the duel and team tourneys.

Now, I want players that want competition, that they also have fun in the tourney that they are playing. That's why tweaking the concept can still be done as the league is not started. So if you have ideas, you can keep posting.

An idea that I can bring forward to shorten the duration is to remove the December and April tournaments. And move the Finals from the summer to the spring.

The season would then look like this:

September: Regular Season
October: Regular Season
November: Regular Season
December: Winter Break
January: Regular Season
February: Regular Season
March: Regular Season
April: World Finals Duel + Title Fight
May: World Finals Team + Title Fight
June: off season
July: off-season
August: off-season

(31 Jul 12, 02:23PM)Edward Wrote: http://ucc.aerosol-esports.org/
cant read --" change colors omg. try black on white instead of grey on white.

I will also change the colour of the text to black.
Thanks given by:
I'm struggling with the structure. Is it like PSL/ SWL in Sauer where there's essentially a tournament every month with a winner? In SWL you have 1 week qualification and one week playoffs. It's like a two-week weekend cup.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 08:07AM)Roflcopter Wrote: I'm struggling with the structure. Is it like PSL in Sauer where there's essentially a tournament every month with a winner?
Yes, I believe this is how it will work out.
Thanks given by:
That's a great idea to start this championship for AC. I hope it works. Good luck!
Thanks given by:
Im bored so ill do it
Thanks given by: