How do I execute a script?
Every-time I execute a script's contents into the config\autoexec file, and enter the game, it doesnt work, I have done this with 3 or 4 scripts, still didn't work.
Thanks given by:
some scripts need tool.cfg : http://www.mediafire.com/?1tu41na33qijydn
Place it into your config folder and add this line into your autoexec.cfg :
exec config\tools.cfg

Then you can create a folder named "Scripts" into you config folder and add this into you autoexec.cfg :
execdir config\Scripts

After that just put your scripts into your Scripts folder.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 06:02PM)Edward Wrote: stuff
lolno, all you have to do in install tools.cfg is place it in the scripts folder, as said by the README. I reccomend having scripts in their seperate .cfg files like Bukz. It makes it wayyyy neater IMO.

Just save the script to:

AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4\config\<scriptnamehere>.cfg

Then, edit your autoexec.cfg to be this:

execdir scripts
exec config\<scriptnamehere>.cfg

and continue as necessary. Just keep the "execdir scripts" at the top and when you want to add a new script, just do the same thing, and add the "exec config\<secondscript>.cfg.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 06:02PM)Edward Wrote: some scripts need tool.cfg : http://www.mediafire.com/?1tu41na33qijydn
Place it into your config folder and add this line into your autoexec.cfg :
exec config\tools.cfg

Then you can create a folder named "Scripts" into you config folder and add this into you autoexec.cfg :
execdir config\Scripts

After that just put your scripts into your Scripts folder.

Thank you, lol

Can anyone make a vid on how to do this? Or give me a link to the vid? Cuz I am confused. o.o
Thanks given by:
Just to make it easier for you:
- Put the tools.cfg file inside your config folder (you may not need it but it's good to have nonetheless).
- When you want to add a new script make a new .cfg file and paste the script inside (I believe you use Notepad for this in Windows?).
- Name the new .cfg file however you want, but make it related to the kind of script so you can identify it in the future.
- Lets say you named your script "my_script.cfg" and you already placed it in your config folder. Then simply go to your autoexec.cfg and write in a new line: "exec config\my_script.cfg", this will make your autoexec.cfg execute the file when you launch the game.

We don't really know your problem. It might be you simply putting things where they shouldn't be or doing the process incorrectly, or your path for your autoexec.cfg could be wrong, so just try the above and tell us if it solves anything.
Thanks given by:
Try giving the scripts here using the "[noparse][cubescript][/noparse]" and "[noparse][/cubescript][/noparse]" tags. Have one of the CubeScript boxes for each individual script.

Mod edit: for clarity, used [noparse][noparse][/noparse]
Thanks given by: