Festivals
I would like to hear which festivals you´re going to visit this year and which ones you already visited. You can also share your best festival situations and so on :D

I´m excited to hear some cool stories
Thanks given by:
ConBravo 2012
http://conbravo.com/
It will be epic!
Thanks given by:
Assault Cube Con

Knotfest is too far away. :'(
Thanks given by:
Rbbrbrbbfrbfr dsjadsoi brain melted. don't ask about festivals, i'll go on and on about this forever. I went to my first Lollapalooza in april and I'm going to this pop rock gay thingy in spetember called Next Generation Fest.

Lollapalooza was the best day of my life lol, I got to see Friendly Fires live and their concert was fucking amazing... the whole line up was just great (except for skrillex, who managed to break the equipment and delay everything for this rap group called Racionais MC's. dubstep dick). the last concert was arctic monkeys, but those guys suck; foster the people (in the same stage before) were a much better show. MGMT was cool, they performed under the rain and no one gave one shit about it. jane's addiction was fun, i managed to get a bit close to the stage because everyone was heading out for arctic monkeys. when we got there, 1pm or so, we saw killer on the dancefloor... it was neat i suppose. there was a bunch of others i don't remember. oh... the place <3 meters and meters of beautiful green grass, that was absolutely ruined by midnight. meters and meters of cups and plastic lol wuved it

i learned there that friendly fires can put on a hell of a fucking amazing show. it was brilliant. if you have the opportunity, go see them live. it's worth it. here's a pic of beautiful ed dancing
[Image: tumblr_m2qy5eFlbf1qa2bapo1_500.jpg]

for the Next Generation Fest, it's only 4 bands, 4 hours. I only like 2 bands in that, Every Avenue and The Downtown Fiction. got myself real good tickets <3
Thanks given by:
I usually go to Download, Sonisphere and Bloodstock most years. Download 2010 was fantastic, it was the first time I experienced what a real moshpit was, and the lineup was great over all three days.

At the minute I have no more plans to go to any festivals, but I'd like to try MH's "Hammerfest" at some point.
Thanks given by:
I was going to go to anime expo this year since I life pretty close to LA, but the main panel I wanted to go to was pushed back a day and I had plans, so I decided not to go.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 11:31PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: I usually go to Download, Sonisphere and Bloodstock most years.
FUUUU. I wish i could go to Download.. This year i only went to optimus alive to see radiohead and some other bands.
Thanks given by:
I went to Tuska 2012. As some of you know, Lamb of God was going to play there but you know the case. I don't really have any exciting stories to tell about the previous festivals, I haven't been in many though. I'd like to go Download too, also those tours in US, Summer Slaughter etc. have really interesting line-ups.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 12, 08:12AM)titiPT Wrote: FUUUU. I wish i could go to Download..

2011 didn't have a great lineup (imo), but 2010 and 2012 had great lineups. generally either Download or Sonisphere will have a sick lineup so i alternate between years which one I go to (or if i have the money, both). Download tickets for next year are on sale now but i'm not sure if it's worth buying them atm, we will see. I highly recommend both festivals, however, as they have great music from a lot of genres. But if you're into only heavy music, or the plurality of what you listen to is heavy then Bloodstock would be better for you.

(24 Jul 12, 01:48PM)pweaks Wrote: I went to Tuska 2012.

Tuska looks sick, when I go to Finland again I'll have to time my visit so I get to go. the lineup this year was so good :(
Thanks given by:
I´ve been already at these festivals:
SummerBreeze 2010
SummerBreeze 2011
Metal-Invasion 2011
Metalfest (Austria) 2012

This year it´ll be SummerBreeze and Metal-Invasion again :)
Thanks given by:
I've played at many really f***ing small festivals over the year. One had a moon-bounce and i accidentally knocked out a small child with my elbow when i started jumping in it. My most embarassing story.

The best experience I had was going to bonnarroo 2012 and getting beyond fucked up and dancing like a madman to radiohead.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Generations in Jazz 2012

Best thing I've done in my life.
Thanks given by: