ac_commune
The authorities have tediously and successfully followed a trail of tip-offs and leads to a tightly packed neighborhood housing some of the biggest druglords on the east coast. Now all they have to do is go in there and get them. But will apprehend these crazed villains with ease?

[Image: 20120724173203skylifetd.jpg]

[Image: 20120724173146skylifetd.jpg]

:P hope the intro was good enough. I created this map randomly one day when I was thinking of rooftops in Barcelona (they look pretty sick) and decided it might be good enough to share.

Good modes to play this on: small 4-8 player CTF, TSURV, OSOK

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?s3qlwgpqiw951te

Enjoy!
Thanks given by:
Okay, I'm happy to see a map with an actual layout. Your map could seriously be improved with a few simple modifications.

First of all, it's important you erase any unwanted space. It'll make your map look far nicer on the minimap. This is quite important.

The 'cracked' walls that you can crawl through are far too tight, you need to expand them and make them more accessible.

With this sort of map, you needed a far bigger region to get anything good looking on the rooftops. You should include "Fire escape" buildings & aircon systems or the use of a vent texture. It's not so easily definable as a roof.

Good luck on the idea, how you can expand it a bit!
Thanks given by:
Hi MerCyKil. I love mapping with you, but alas, I have yet to be unblacklisted.

As Snoosnoo said, you should fill in those vacant areas (hold alt for the minimap). You could also change the floor texture of them to the skymap. This will hide them on the minimap, but your minimap will still be off-centered.

I think this map could use a good few walkthroughs for improving texture consistency.
There are numerous areas where bricks are used in windows and broken walls with concrete ceilings and floors. I'd suggest making these textures close to or matching the wall textures for a more convincing atmosphere.

There are a few places where I'm pretty sure you just missed a texture. These locations can be access easily by typing "go_to <x> <y>" while in edit mode.

[cubescript]go_to 55 70[/cubescript] One of the walls here is all brick, where I believe you intended to use that metal texture.

[cubescript]go_to 74 14[/cubescript] There is a mixture of brick and stair textures used at the same time. You should also try to avoid having the "step" with a different texture adjacent to the wall of a differing texture.

[cubescript]go_to 73 38[/cubescript] The stair has a misused plaster texture.

[cubescript]go_to 35 66[/cubescript] Perhaps you just left this for the time being. I would have the cubes around the tree in a different floor texture, if possible.

The plain brown bricks texture you've used in a few places... I honestly don't know why that is in the AC package as it looks so ugly :P

Places where you used heightfields to make an area lower than its surroundings... A bug in 1.1.0.4 replaces many of these wall textures, specifically when you save the map (so they may be unnoticed) I have submitted a patch for this problem and it has been fixed in the SVN.

Also, if you're interested, I can send you my mapping client (SVN mapping features retrofitted into 1.1.0.4 with the addition of my own functions/bug fixes which I may have shown you previously) via email.

As Snoosnoo said before, very unique layout getting away from the norm. Good used of elevation but some areas are a little tight (remember to make room for passing teammates)
Thanks given by: