Random List Of Things I Wish Would Be Added To AC and Things That Shouldn't
Yeah I was bored so i thought of all the things I would think would be nice to add.

1. able to see yourself reload instead of it just going down off the screen

2. more guns (yeah I bet this ones hard to tell what i mean XD)

3. some sort of campeign kind of thing that sort of explains assaultcube

4. certain special maps like in space with less gravity so you can jump really high and things like that (if a map like that does exsist tell me)

thats all I can think of for now. If I think of more I'll post it.

heres a list i thought of as well. stuff some people would want that i have to flat out say no to.

1. iron sights, it would ruin the quake classic style that assaultcube has.

2. sprint, you go fast enough already and the maps arent exactly massive so why would you need it.

3. drivable vehicles, well there is basically no way you can make it work with the small maps and the overall style of the game.

4. ranking system and leveling system, no i like the straight forward feel and these would ruin that and just make it more and more like cod which i can't stand atm.

5. huge maps, no i like the smaller more enclosed maps its just nice to see them not so complex and large.

6. special moves, things like these are just a dumb idea altogether to me, i dont want to just instantly get hit with some missle from the sky or have to go hide in a building because of a heicopter (oh and thats more cod copying.)

thats all i can think of for what not to add right now.

Mod Edit: Renamed thread to be shorter and allow quick replies. Assaultcube changed to AC.
Thanks given by:
Back to Skyrim with you!

+1 to more guns. <3
Thanks given by:
some will say : go play css our CoD ! Haters gonna hate !

However +1 to able to see yourself reloading :D
Thanks given by:
Singleplayer campaign, I'd love it.
Thanks given by:
all of that except for 4. Something similar to 4 has been done.

Devs please add.
Thanks given by:
not too many guns please.
Thanks given by:
why more guns? one of the defining features of assault cube is its smaller amount of guns, plus you have more arguments about which ones are overpowered
Thanks given by:
GEMAS
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 01:43AM)Jesse Wrote: why more guns? one of the defining features of assault cube is its smaller amount of guns, plus you have more arguments about which ones are overpowered

well they dont even need to be very different. id be happy if they were carbon copies with different sounds and model. I just dont like looking and hearing the same thing over and over i want a bit of variety.

(18 Jul 12, 12:49AM)Mystered Wrote: some will say : go play css our CoD ! Haters gonna hate !

However +1 to able to see yourself reloading :D

idk why they would. the things i suggested aren't in any way associated with these games in my opinion. it still would keep assaultcube's oldschool quake feel while having more of a modern feel.
Thanks given by:
A campaign thing would be neat, I'll admit.
#1 is surprisingly not too far-fetched, so I'd tap that.

As far as I know, I haven't seen any "jump higher" maps - you can jump higher using rifle/nade jumps (and some random key bashing that only the likes of muaddibka, fredrik, and HP can accomplish). The only "space" map I can think of is ac_moon, which was simply filled up to the top with water, giving the "low gravity" effect.

Lol more guns. Go play sauerbraten, sir.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 02:05AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: A campaign thing would be neat, I'll admit.
#1 is surprisingly not too far-fetched, so I'd tap that.

As far as I know, I haven't seen any "jump higher" maps - you can jump higher using rifle/nade jumps (and some random key bashing that only the likes of muaddibka, fredrik, and HP can accomplish). The only "space" map I can think of is ac_moon, which was simply filled up to the top with water, giving the "low gravity" effect.

Lol more guns. Go play sauerbraten, sir.

sauerbraten doesnt have many guns either it has some uneeded ones in my opinion and its just not as fun as assaultcube
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 02:05AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ... The only "space" map I can think of is ac_moon, which was simply filled up to the top with water, giving the "low gravity" effect. ...

There also is alienplanet by shad-99 but it doesn't have the "low gravity" effect. I also think it would be cool to see the campaign.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 12, 11:13PM)cloud6625 Wrote:
4. certain special maps like in space with less gravity so you can jump really high and things like that (if a map like that does exsist tell me)
Jajaj, Ive seen a rocket jump option before, but I bet it would get you banned if you used it (this one I refer to was server side).
Maybe you could try to play some gema maps?
Have you ever noticed those before?
Hope you enjoy them!
Also,
@5ku77b01
Lol I luv TOSOK in alienplanet by shad-99, hell, I love TOSOK in any shad map! XD (but not good for jumping, cant jump at most of trees of shad, my only complain XD).
Thanks given by:
This carbine mod by ASOM to be the official carbine. Although modeled after a real gun, it is much better than just the sniper w/o the scope. It also seems much easier to play with. I think why it is easier for me to play with is all of the movement, it helps me time my shots or something.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 12, 11:13PM)cloud6625 Wrote:
1. able to see yourself reload instead of it just going down off the screen
3. some sort of campeign kind of thing that sort of explains assaultcube
I have always said that am Unreal Tournment style campaign would haul ass, and reload animations was discussed a while back, no? Still an awesome idea, its been done with mods and would be easy (ish?) to implement into the game. (with a /relaodan 1/0 toggle option)
Thanks given by:
Isn't this turning into another "ideas" thread?
Thanks given by:
The reloading animation was mentioned some time ago somewhere in these forums, and I remember that some frowned upon it since it'd be too "heavy" on players with bad PC's. Though I don't think it's a bad idea.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 12, 10:28AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: This carbine mod by ASOM to be the official carbine. Although modeled after a real gun, it is much better than just the sniper w/o the scope. It also seems much easier to play with. I think why it is easier for me to play with is all of the movement, it helps me time my shots or something.
Yeah I prefer this carbine too !!
Btw you should edit some default config files like the nickname blacklist because some server owner let it empty .... Why is there so many players named Hitler? Easy to fix but not done yet ...

EDIT : I have no problem with a reload animation but I wont use it since I use /hudgun 0
Thanks given by:
Ronald_Reagan Wrote:This carbine mod by ASOM to be the official carbine.
I think this masterpiece by ASOM has much more merit as the official model \:D
EDIT: I just realized that was a shotgun mod...some tweaking required...
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 12, 08:26PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: and I remember that some frowned upon it since it'd be too "heavy" on players with bad PC's.
That's a ridiculous argument.
No, the real reason is simply that someone would have to actually do it, and that it'd be very inconvenient because the source files for the weapons are no longer available AFAIK, so you'd need to work directly on the md3's.
But I think we'd be more than happy to include reload animations if someone did them.
Thanks given by: