Macs and PCs
Hey everyone,
My friend and I just downloaded AC onto our laptops, I have a mac and he has a PC. Is it possible for the two to play on the same server?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Of course........ If you play on Linux, Mac or Win does not really matter, the gameplay is basicly the same...
Thanks given by:
ok, because we're trying to play right now but we cant find a common server to join...
Thanks given by:
That's weird, but it isn't related to your OSes...
Thanks given by:
Check that you both have the same version (type /version in-game). If you can't see the same servers, it sounds like one of you has 1.0 and the other has 1.1.
1.1.0.1 is the latest release, and you'll both need this to connect to the most up-to-date servers.
Thanks given by:
You will need to be able to connect to the same LAN...
Thanks given by:
I assumed he and his friend were trying to play on the internetz servers V-Man.
Thanks given by:
I recommend the Justice Match server for 1.1 (may not be in order shown). Just connect with:
/join 194.0.252.233 20000 match
Jamz recommends it as well :D
Thanks given by:
Real solution:

Tell your friend to throw his PC in the nearest canal and get a proper computer like you. Then your lives will be perfect!
Thanks given by:
uniJ00$ is just slightly insane, ignore him.
Steve Jobs is going to destroy the world.
Thanks given by:
Mac is better because it has less users.
Windows is better because it has .NET.
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 10, 11:24PM)uniJ00$ Wrote: Real solution:

Tell your friend to throw his PC in the nearest canal and get a proper computer like you. Then your lives will be perfect!
My school has iMacs and they haven't made my life perfect, are you sure that would work?
Thanks given by:
"Windows is better because it has .NET."
take it back.
Thanks given by:
It's so funny when people say a Windows/Mac/Linux is better because it has/enables you/etc to something that you have never heard in your life though only people really into computers would know. Most of the world population wouldn't know what NET is nor would they be interested. Normal people with typical knowledge in computers would only care about speed, graphics, performance, system, and long time resistance. Not whether they have NET enabled or if it's flexible enough with binary libraries, etc.
Thanks given by:
The Mac - PC discussion spammed the whole topic for the TS, maybe just stop about Mac / PC is better...

BOT:
If you're in the same local network, the mac-user can easily put an Assault Cube Server. Click on the server tab when you open AC, and start the server...
[Image: screenshot42.png]

Whenever you're not close to each other, just connect like the others above me said...
Thanks given by:
No I won't take it back unless the Mac fanboys take back "Mac doesn't have malware".
Thanks given by:
Haha,
i'm a Mac user, and i can tell you that there is malwere, but you need to admit that there is more for Windows...

(But as long as you don't download crappy things you'll never have probs with it)
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 10, 03:21PM)MathiasB Wrote: Haha, i'm a Mac user, and i can tell you that there is malwere

I just want to back him up on this by saying that I have created malware for macs before and kind of messed up a couple computers with it.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 10, 03:24PM)Habluka Wrote:
(13 Aug 10, 03:21PM)MathiasB Wrote: Haha, i'm a Mac user, and i can tell you that there is malwere

I just want to back him up on this by saying that I have created malware for macs before and kind of messed up a couple computers with it.

Good job (!)
Thanks given by:
I would like to point out, that you're all comparing turds with turds.
Thanks given by:
It's not fair to compare piss to turds is it? Sure, they both go into the toilet (computer). But piss has the urinal specialty.
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 10, 02:36AM)Gibstick Wrote: It's not fair to compare piss to turds is it? Sure, they both go into the toilet (computer). But piss has the urinal specialty.

you sure about that last statement?
Thanks given by:
I would make a badass comeback right now to support Macs, but since I can't bothered to think about your symbolic ideas, I'll just nod.

[Image: yellow_guy_nodding_head_yes_hr.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You've learned well from Dilbert (I think he uses Unix).
Thanks given by:
Who do you think i am? DiLL?
Thanks given by: