Outraged
I would just like to express my opinion on the following subject:
Putting an entire country in BL.

Just as some names of players are blocked because they are offensive, a game server is blocking all my country.

There is no explanation in my mind, this is happening!

It was forbidden to put the server name flashing is prohibited racist attitudes or support Naz(!)sm.

But as it is accepted by this community! is disgusting!

nothing more to say

1Cap

..english ftw
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't say it's accepted by the community, I don't anyways. It's a procedure a handful of server owners have decided to take, I don't know if there's something in the server rules (if there are any?) that prohibits this, but I feel like this would have to be discussed by the devs and as well as marking the limits for the owners on how much they can do in their servers.

2 cents
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 12, 07:19PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I wouldn't say it's accepted by the community, I don't anyways. It's a procedure a handful of server owners have decided to take, I don't know if there's something in the server rules (if there are any?) that prohibits this, but I feel like this would have to be discussed by the devs and as well as marking the limits for the owners on how much they can do in their servers.

2 cents

Ty so much 4 your opinion.

1Cap
Thanks given by:
I agree, it is unfair, however what else can be done in some situations?

Well, no one likes doing it. The simple fact of the matter is that Brazilian cheaters are much harder to block than other cheaters due to broad and very dynamic IP ranges. This means that unless you want many cheaters, you have to block out big blocks. Many server owners don't actually ban all of Brazil, but rather ban ranges that have been proven to work. However, these ranges don't work perfectly so a country wide ban is most effective.

Tbh, country wide bans are not too common, just broad range bans. Really, anyone can get caught in a rangeban, not just Brazilians.

That is the fact of the matter. The way you can prove it to yourself is by asking for a deban password. I'll bet that any server owner doesn't want to ban you if you are innocent, they just want to ban the cheaters. So ask for a deban password, and if you are innocent you will get one.

Really, the people you should complain to is whoever is in charge of the IPs in Brazil. Unless you can propose a different solution?

Hope this post clears it up.
Thanks given by:
There's nothing to be mad about. You can't play on a server or two because the owner blocked your country? They can do that. They could have blocked you specifically for no reason.

I believe there are servers that block all countries except one so all players connected will have relatively good connections. A good example might be Australia.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 12, 07:40PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I agree, it is unfair, however what else can be done in some situations?

Well, no one likes doing it. The simple fact of the matter is that Brazilian cheaters are much harder to block than other cheaters due to broad and very dynamic IP ranges. This means that unless you want many cheaters, you have to block out big blocks. Many server owners don't actually ban all of Brazil, but rather ban ranges that have been proven to work. However, these ranges don't work perfectly so a country wide ban is most effective.

Tbh, country wide bans are not too common, just broad range bans. Really, anyone can get caught in a rangeban, not just Brazilians.

That is the fact of the matter. The way you can prove it to yourself is by asking for a deban password. I'll bet that any server owner doesn't want to ban you if you are innocent, they just want to ban the cheaters. So ask for a deban password, and if you are innocent you will get one.

Really, the people you should complain to is whoever is in charge of the IPs in Brazil. Unless you can propose a different solution?

Hope this post clears it up.

1Cap

(11 Jul 12, 07:42PM)Mael Wrote: There's nothing to be mad about. You can't play on a server or two because the owner blocked your country? They can do that. They could have blocked you specifically for no reason.

I believe there are servers that block all countries except one so all players connected will have relatively good connections. A good example might be Australia.

1Cap
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 12, 07:19PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I wouldn't say it's accepted by the community, I don't anyways. It's a procedure a handful of server owners have decided to take, I don't know if there's something in the server rules (if there are any?) that prohibits this, but I feel like this would have to be discussed by the devs and as well as marking the limits for the owners on how much they can do in their servers.

2 cents

1Cap - :)
Thanks given by:
It must be annoying, but when someone joins and they lag the whole game for everyone else its annoying.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 12, 05:37PM)MykeGregory Wrote: It must be annoying, but when someone joins and they lag the whole game for everyone else its annoying.

I'm not sure.
Maybe.
Thanks for sharing.

1Cap
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 12, 05:37PM)MykeGregory Wrote: It must be annoying, but when someone joins and they lag the whole game for everyone else its annoying.

it doesn't work like that
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 12, 04:39AM)Undead Wrote:

it doesn't work like that
oh really?
how does it work?
Thanks given by:
One person can lag, but the only affect it has is that they are lagging. I don't believe it lags the game for everyone else.

EDIT: Woopsies. Wrong person...
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 12, 10:10PM)blueberry Wrote: One person can lag, but the only affect it has is that they are lagging. I don't believe it lags the game for everyone else. I think that's what Cemer is saying.

i didnt say anything
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 12, 10:10PM)blueberry Wrote: One person can lag, but the only affect it has is that they are lagging. I don't believe it lags the game for everyone else. I think that's what Cemer is saying.
Thanks. i think you mean undead?
Its funny though, When a lagger is in a game i allways seem to lag.
Thanks given by:
stop qq myke. I play with 400 ping vs the best of players and they don't lag so.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 12, 02:27PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Thanks. i think you mean undead?
Its funny though, When a lagger is in a game i allways seem to lag.

Yes thank you. I don't know where I got Cemer from. My apologies good sirs. I think I had multiple threads open in tabs and failed to keep them separate in my mind.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 12, 05:15PM)blueberry Wrote: super cemer

its because i am great thank you for your support
Thanks given by:
Hm, seems like a misquote. I don't recall saying that, but I don't see why not. You're welcome.
Thanks given by:
Please. I see many comments out of context here in this forum.
I ask you to not do that with my post.
I understand that you love to chat and show off your knowledge of the game to each other.
But, please choose another place to do this. (post)

If you do not have an opinion about what I have written simply does not write anything.

Thank again.
1Cap
Thanks given by:
1cap its simple,

Don't be blasian
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 07:40PM)Bullpup Wrote: 1cap its simple,

Don't be blasian

blasian... ??? what is it?
Thanks given by:
Mistura de preto com asiático, assim tipo o Tiger Woods, sabe comé? O cara tá só te trolando, nem dá confiança.
Thanks given by:
Neither to me...
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 12, 11:21PM)ElCrema Wrote: Mistura de preto com asiático, assim tipo o Tiger Woods, sabe comé? O cara tá só te trolando, nem dá confiança.

Obrigado.

(23 Jul 12, 07:40PM)Bullpup Wrote: 1cap its simple,

Don't be blasian

4u my friend
Thanks given by: