Screen Recording [MAC]
Heyy guys,

I am new to the forums so please help me out a bit!
You may have seen me around, i'm one of the awesomest people you will ever meet :P

Ok, so here is the problem ...

I have tried a few different screen recorers for my MacBook, but all have been as bad as eachother /: so i am stuck with Quicktime Player! But it turns out, when i record AC, the video flickers .. For example, my health/ammo/armour, and gun all dissapear and reappear rapidly at the same time, which means i can't get a descent video :(

I thought it may be because AssaultCube is too high-graphiced for QuickTime .. But i'm not too smart with computers, so help would be greatly appreciated!

~PLUTO, Mickey's Loyal Dog
Thanks given by:
Mac has terrible support for screen recording. Not sure if this only fixes it for the screen recorder I use (Smart Screen Recorder Lite), but I found that reducing the screen resolution and game resolution helped a fair amount. I also close all other applications.

Note that it is best to record off of a demo, not live in game.

If another Mac user has more luck with a different recorder, tell me!
Thanks given by:
best one i've found is 3rd party from ustream.tv .... it still blows chunks though
Thanks given by:
I recommend Screenflow, I've used it a few times and there's never been a problem. Just make sure you record with the game windowed.
Thanks given by:
i thought quicktime had a screen recorder
Thanks given by:
Ok, so do i adjust the graphics to the lowest resolution ..?
sorry, as i said, these technical words confuse me /:

I have tried using screen flow, (the free version) but it also has the flickering problem :(

I also forgot to mention that my Quicktime Player also laggs, like the Frames Per Second are quite slow.

Do you guys know how to record in third person ..?
because when recording in 3rd person, there is no ammo or anything shown, is there? so there would be nothing to flicker .. if you understand what i mean by that /:

I have come up with a solution that kind of works ... I use screen flow to record a demo, then i play the recorded video, and record THAT using Quicktime, except i only record the person (Not the stats like ammo , health. etc. ) so then, i won't see the flickering.

please let me know if this didn't make sense, i tried to explain the best way i can..

Still, i would prefer to have a screen recorder that doesn't flicker.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 12, 12:03AM).. Pluto .. Wrote: Do you guys know how to record in third person ..?
because when recording in 3rd person, there is no ammo or anything shown, is there? so there would be nothing to flicker .. if you understand what i mean by that /:

There isn't a way to record in third person really except for swooping around in spectate mode of a demo. You could always spectate and fly around filming sort of though. Might be the best option. Just find good spots where you can see as much of the map as possible and move between them perhaps.
Thanks given by:
It's flickering for you? I only record demos, never live gameplay, so try that, also make sure that you weren't recording in fullscreen.
Thanks given by:
Sorry i haven't replied for a while guys ...

Thanks for all your comments, they have been really helpful.
I tried what Wolf said, and it worked for me quite well :)

So thanks again guys!

(11 Jul 12, 09:39PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I recommend Screenflow, I've used it a few times and there's never been a problem. Just make sure you record with the game windowed.

Did you buy Screenflow though? Or is it a free download ..?
Thanks given by:
My Screenflow is full version, got it from a friend that bought it.
Thanks given by:
Quote:i'm one of the awesomest people you will ever meet :P
Full biography with pictures or didnt happen, thx...
P.S: Welcome!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(26 Aug 12, 04:53PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote:
Quote:i'm one of the awesomest people you will ever meet :P
Full biography with pictures or didnt happen, thx...
P.S: Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, i don't have a biography, or pictures of myself. But apparently i have a good reputation of being kind, around AC and CounterStrike :/

(i don't mean to sound up myself at all)
Thanks given by: