Router Issues
So this is more of a router specific problem, but maybe someone will know what the issue is. I was running a server from home and the router had to be unplugged and plugged back in because something wasn't working. My internal IP may have changed. I don't remember what the old one was. Now when I go to my router settings, it shows no opened ports, yet when I try to create an AssaultCube port like I originally did, it says service name already in use. In the server tutorial is says you must use AssaultCube for the name. is there a way I could somehow use another name for the service though? I am on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and my router is Netgear WNR2000v2. I've read that others have had this problem, but in most cases, the service name is unimportant. Their solutions were also usually to just reset the router completely. Thanks in advance!
Thanks given by:
I do not know your modem and I do not know Mac OS but you need to do 2 things. You need to set your computer to use a static LAN IP and it may be best to set this to what it was when you open ports. You also need to set your router DHCP Server settings to only use IPs that are before or after that IP to avoid any chance of a conflict (most likely after your computers IP).

If you do not remember what you had before then do the above steps with a random IP and try to delete the original port or create another port and name it something like ACport2 and just see what happens.

I hope someone else will be able to tell you how to set a Mac to static ip.
Thanks given by:
With a static LAN IP, can I still host the server WLAN? I don't always have access to the LAN cable. I will try those suggestions though. Thanks. I have no way of removing the previously opened ports. They just don't show up... I appreciate the help as always ME.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 11:23PM)[SODA]___ME___ Wrote: I hope someone else will be able to tell you how to set a Mac to static ip.

It is router specific, not OS specific.
Thanks given by:
It says the ports are already in use. I think I might just do a factory reset of my router.

EDIT: Actually, on a mac you can set your static IP address.
Thanks given by:
For all I know, the service name doesn't matter at all. Also, you might just have to re-enable the service to make it show up in the forwarded ports list again.
Thanks given by:
When I try renaming it, it says that the ports 28763 and 28764 are being used. How would I go about using different ports perhaps? It's strange that it says the ports are in use and the name of the service is too, even though in the list, it shows no ports that are being forwarded.

EDIT: DHCP router settings seem fine.
Thanks given by:
Problem solved. Reset router and re-forwarded the ports. All is well is blue's server now. Thank you all!
Thanks given by:
"Actually, on a mac you can set your static IP address. " -blueberry

But can you set your mac on a mac?*

*yes
Thanks given by: