Good Mouses
My mouse has been broken for a while and I am just wondering what a really good mouse for playing assault cube is. thanks a lot :)
Thanks given by:
I use a Razer Taipan and that works pretty well for me.
Thanks given by:
Mice.

Gaming-centric equipment is a bit overated. Really, any mouse made in the last 5 years should do just fine.
Thanks given by:
Razer Abyssus has a known good sensor, 1000Hz, is about 70grams (excluding cable). It has fairly high lift-off distance and no extra buttons (just right, left and middle click) though. It's also a small mouse more suited to claw or fingertip grips.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 04:04AM)VenteX Wrote: Mice.

Gaming-centric equipment is a bit overated. Really, any mouse made in the last 5 years should do just fine.

Just NEVER EVER get an Apple mouse. EVER.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 04:12AM)Roflcopter Wrote: Razer Abyssus has a known good sensor, 1000Hz, is about 70grams (excluding cable). It has fairly high lift-off distance and no extra buttons (just right, left and middle click) though. It's also a small mouse more suited to claw or fingertip grips.

^This is the mouse I have. :3
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 04:04AM)VenteX Wrote: Mice.

Most gaming hardware is just marketing on slightly better equipment. But if you know what to look for (read competitve gamers' reviews of each mouse) you can obtain a great edge. Some sensors are known to mistrack, some mice and extremely heavy, some have angle-snapping, etc... very few mice get almost everything perfect.

Many serious competitive players recommend the Abyssus, Deathadder, mx518, g9, Kinzu, Wheel Mouse Optical and IntelliExplorer 3.0. So much so that you'll find a disproportionate percentage of top competitive players in games like Quake using such mice.
Thanks given by:
Is AssaultCube really a hardcore competitive game?
Thanks given by:
for weighted, cyber snipa
otherwise deathadder by razer
Thanks given by:
I tried the Abyssus and it felt like shit. The Deathadder is a good mouse, but if you want my recommendation, it's the Steelseries Sensei. Besides looking cool, being the world's most customizable mouse and having one of the most powerful laser tracking sensors known to man - it also has the processing power of a Pentium computer.

I have this mouse, and it's a bit heavy but the adjustable lift distance compensates for it. Honestly this mouse aims itself. It's about £75 over here, if that's over your budget I'd recommend the Steelseries Xai, which is basically an uglier version of the Sensei.

Ultimately though, what constitutes a "good mouse" comes down to personal preferance and what you enjoy/feel comfortable using. Before I got the Sensei I played with a 250dpi compaq mouse, and (until it broke) it served me fine. GL with finding a mouse :).
Thanks given by:
Pftch. People use mouse?
Touchpad all the way.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 05:24AM)TooTinyMan Wrote: Is AssaultCube really a hardcore competitive game?

No; exactly why I said what I did.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 05:24AM)TooTinyMan Wrote: Is AssaultCube really a hardcore competitive game?

Depends who you ask. :)
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 05:45AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: I tried the Abyssus and it felt like shit.

lol thats why i switched to the Taipan.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 07:47PM)Link Wrote:

lol
Dude.
Rule 34 19!
Listen to it for fuck's sake.
Your posts are even more empty than Jg99's - at least they have some point to it (Talk about himself).
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 12, 07:50PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(06 Jul 12, 07:47PM)Link Wrote:

lol
Dude.
Rule 34 19!
Listen to it for fuck's sake.
Your posts are even more empty than Jg99's - at least they have some point to it (Talk about himself).

God damnit, I added more. You happy now?
Thanks given by:
Abyssus was actually painful at first. But feels nice and comfortable now. :)

Taipan hax 8200 dpi. sexy mouse too.
Thanks given by:
logitech g9x ;) 5,700 dpi
Thanks given by:
Steelseries Kinzu. Small, handy, and not too expensive, around 25 bucks. And extremely reliable, I let it drop on the floor like 30 times, it works still like on day 1 - for 2 years now.

3200dpi are "enough" (especially for AC).
Thanks given by:
I really want the Razer Taipan.. but i dont have money. I just have the regular mouse that came with my computer that has about 400 dpi..
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 12, 02:44AM)ChO Wrote: I really want the Razer Taipan.. but i dont have money. I just have the regular mouse that came with my computer that has about 400 dpi..
Lol, good luck ChO.
Thanks given by:
Wow I did not expect this many responses. Thanks a lot for all your help!
Thanks given by:
Would it be possible to use 2 mouse (mice)?
One mouse for left/right/forward/back
One for look?

Then I could place my keyboard at my feet and learn to type with them...
Thanks given by:
I used to perform best with the Roccat Pyra, its a great mouse! The downside is that its very light so it breaks fast.
Thanks given by:
used to have a microsoft optical (IntelliMouse) mouse with 400dpi... was really great for gaming . had a short love affair with a razer thingie.. (fell apart...we werent meant for each other). right now i am dabbling with a microsoft comfort mouse 6000...very pleasant for ppl who like palmgrips instead of claw-ing their mouse (and have big hands)...downside...microsoft locked it at 125hz... but then again i am slow...so i guess it fits me rather well if my mouse is somewhat slow too :)
Thanks given by:
Razer Mamba and the Razer Orochi are really beast but I am going to get the Mamba for my new laptop.
Thanks given by:
I'll stick with the laptop mouse model number: HM5446 only available at ASDA until there's a 'gaming mouse' so good that someone with no hands would kick my ass in a 1 v 1 on douze if they used it.
Thanks given by:
Many Razers are cheap now.
Moussepad: Never the Sphex, a wooden support is far enough.
(i had Sphex+Lachesis, unplayable)
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 12, 09:48PM)W@rr!0r Wrote: Razer Mamba and the Razer Orochi are really beast but I am going to get the Mamba for my new laptop.
There's a deal at the Razerstore right now where if you buy a Blade you get a free Orochi Blade Edition along with it. I bought. :3
Thanks given by:
I got a microsoft basic optical mouse v 2.0, 800 dpi ftw :)

(To be honest, I like this mouse :D)
Thanks given by: