I can't run AC on my laptop! Please help!
I've installed AC on my new laptop. When I ran it, it showed the loading page, and then the *.bat file showed me some words like this:

C:/Program Files/AssautCube_v1.1.0.4>pause
Press any key to continue...

but when I pressed a key, it closed!

I've reinstalled it for 3-4 times, but the same thing happened.
anyone have the solution? I use a Windows 7 Starter.

(sorry if my english is bad)
Thanks given by:
Maybe Ac throw u back to desktop. And u must just go back into the game. The Cmd window ist always open if u play ac.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 12, 03:08PM)DAV!O Wrote: Maybe Ac throw u back to desktop. And u must just go back into the game. The Cmd window ist always open if u play ac.
No, it said "pause" as a command, and that is at the end of the batch file when you quit AC, so it must not have thrown him back to desktop.

The CMD thing is normal, (it's supposed to do that) maybe I can provide you with a batch file that you can use that might work for you. PM if you want. :)
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 12, 03:08PM)DAV!O Wrote: Maybe Ac throw u back to desktop. And u must just go back into the game. The Cmd window ist always open if u play ac.

I know the Cmd Window always open when we play AC. but how to go back to the game? the game has closed too!
My old laptop could play AC, but I still don't know why my new laptop can't play it!
Thanks given by:
Conversation continued via PM. Others, suggest something of you know the problem.
Thanks given by:
Did you download from the source listed on the official (this) site? I have seen this problem before on Windows Vista AND 7. The problem was one of two things in all instances: 1.) Windows asks if you want to allow the program to access the internet after the first time you try to start AC. If you don't click allow, then it will close everytime thereafter you try to open it, in most instances 2) AC was downloaded from some 3rd party site instead of from official sources, and the included .bat file was corrupt or altered in some way.
Try this: a)Uninstall AC. b)Update windows. c)Reboot d)Download AC again from the official sources (http://assault.cubers.net/download.html) e)Start AC f)Make sure you click "allow" if asked if you want to allow the program to access the internet.
Thanks given by:
I've reinstalled AC and updated the Windows, but the same thing happened again!

and sometimes it displays this message box:

[Image: assaultcube_fatal_error.jpg]

anyone have the solution?
Thanks given by:
What kind of graphics hardware do you have? Did you try installing the most recent drivers from the vendor?
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 10:09AM)tempest Wrote: What kind of graphics hardware do you have? Did you try installing the most recent drivers from the vendor?

I think there is no problem with my graphic hardware. I can run Condition Zero, Point Blank Online, and Sauerbraten here.
Thanks given by:
try disabling script debugging,

1) In Internet Explorer, select Tools -> Options
2) On the Internet Options dialog, go to the Advanced tab
3) Make sure that both of these options are checked:

X Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
X Disable Script Debugging (Other)

IF THIS DOESNT WORK: Try restricting DEP as per these instructions http://windows7themes.net/disable-window...vista.html (just read the instructions and perform the steps, don't download anything from this page)

IF THIS DOESNT WORK: try to run memtest86 (http://memtest86.com/) to see if you have a bad stick of RAM or another memory problem: see this quote below----

"faulty memory, memory has “addresses” each address has a number, 0xc000005 is just the address of a small (tiny) part of your memory. When this part is corrupted and windows (or any windows program) tries to access it, you get this dreaded access violation error. A faulty memory needs to be replaced, if you have upgraded your memory recently and you suddenly started getting this weird error, try putting your old RAM back and see if it fixes the problem.

The second possibility is a broken registry, the registry is essentially a database that windows uses to keep track of different configurations related to the programs installed on your computer. When the registry is broken or not configured correctly it can sometimes cause errors like these to occur. An access violation error can in many cases be due to a program messing up a few registry entries and unintentionally blocking access to some parts of your memory."

**IGNORE ALL TEXT IN BLACK!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
^ Nonsense.
What the heck does this have to do with script debugging?
If the RAM is messed up, you'd notice that elsewhere (although checking that can't hurt).
AC does not use the registry except for (un)installing.
Please don't copy random stuff you googled somewhere and suggest that to people as a solution.

The thing is that the 1.1.0.4 Windows binaries were compiled without debugging information, so you'll always get 0xc0000005, which I assume is just the entry point. Therefore, that error message is completely meaning- and useless.

"Random" crashes at startup may be caused by quite a few different things. Malware as well as faulty antivirus could be the cause. I'd also check if you have OpenAL installed properly, since that's something AC uses but Sauer doesn't.
Also, when that error message pops up, do you do you get anything in the console other than "pause"?
Thanks given by:
wow, thanks alot for that tempest. make me look like a dick for trying to help YAAAAAAAAY!! I actually base this off of personal experience. I got the same error (be it ever so common!) when I first installed AC to a Windows 7 computer. And disabling script debugging fixed it. But thanks a lot for putting me in my place!!

**EDIT Actually, I'm sorry, what I meant to say was:
"But thanks a lot for putting me in my place!!" ..... COCKSUCKERRRRRR!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, whatever. If you were a little less butthurt, I would have explained why I cut everyone down to size who suggests cleaning the registry. But I guess it won't help here.
Thanks given by:
I never suggested cleaning the registry, try again ;)
Thanks given by:
Quote:The second possibility is a broken registry, the registry is essentially a database that windows uses to keep track of different configurations related to the programs installed on your computer. When the registry is broken or not configured correctly it can sometimes cause errors like these to occur. An access violation error can in many cases be due to a program messing up a few registry entries and unintentionally blocking access to some parts of your memory."
TL;DR: "your registry might be broken". What will the average user do? Google: "how to fix broken registry". And most likely infect their system with something nasty in the process.

Disabling DEP is just a bad (i.e. dangerous) idea, and AC is not so broken that this would be necessary.

I have no idea how disabling (VB and JS) script debugging would affect AC in any way - that was probably a side effect.

But if you want to know, what actually annoyed me the most was your "let me google that for you" badge.

Also, I'm not sure why you take it so personally if I say the stuff you said is wrong. I figured the stuff you posted was straight from google due to the image above. Sorry if it wasn't, but that doesn't change the fact that your suggestions are likely not helpful.
Thanks given by:
And try again again, I said nothing about "disabling DEP" I said "restricting DEP", which is a SELECTABLE (i.e. NOT dangerous) option.

...and script debugging is unnecessary for the average user and tends to throw errors that CAN interfere with ANY program running INCLUDING AC. If there is no debugger running to give these useless messages, then they aren't given, and the program generally runs. The "pause" in the console window means there is nothing wrong with the program per se, but that it was stopped to allow the debugger to present an error message.

**Lets not Hi-jack this fellas thread any longer with useless bickering. Let him try my suggestions, and if they don't work, they don't work. And in the interest of avoiding confusion, I will strike through the quote about the registry and delete the Google Image kkkkkk?????? ;)
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 05:48PM)tempest Wrote: I'd also check if you have OpenAL installed properly, since that's something AC uses but Sauer doesn't.

I've installed OpenAL and the same thing still happened :(

(27 Jun 12, 05:48PM)tempest Wrote: Also, when that error message pops up, do you do you get anything in the console other than "pause"?

There is something above "pause":
C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4> bin_win32\ac_client.exe --home="?MYDOCUMENTS" --init

any suggestions?
well, I still can play AC on my desktop, but sometimes it freeze. yeah, all games on my desktop likes to freeze!
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 01:59AM)PramastaRR Wrote:
(27 Jun 12, 05:48PM)tempest Wrote: I'd also check if you have OpenAL installed properly, since that's something AC uses but Sauer doesn't.

(27 Jun 12, 05:48PM)tempest Wrote: Also, when that error message pops up, do you do you get anything in the console other than "pause"?

C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4> bin_win32\ac_client.exe --home="?MYDOCUMENTS" --init

any suggestions?
well, I still can play AC on my desktop, but sometimes it freeze. yeah, all games on my desktop likes to freeze!

BAHAHAHAHA. here we are bitchin' at each other tempest and this dude isn't even checking the whole thread, just glancing at the last few posts...

DUDE! READ THE GD ENTIRE THREAD. We are BOTH trying to help you and you are half-assing your attempts at following our directions. You can scroll can't you?!??! Its the little wheel in between the two big buttons on your mouse.. scroll UP and read ALL of the thread that we took our time to post just to help YOU, a random noob, out of the kindness of our hearts. Don't be a douche! .......... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
I like how Boomhauer celebrates this IMPORTANT DAY
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 09:40PM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(28 Jun 12, 01:59AM)PramastaRR Wrote:

any suggestions?

BAHAHAHAHA. here we are bitchin' at each other tempest and this dude isn't even checking the whole thread, just glancing at the last few posts...

DUDE! READ THE GD ENTIRE THREAD. We are BOTH trying to help you and you are half-assing your attempts at following our directions. You can scroll can't you?!??! Its the little wheel in between the two big buttons on your mouse.. scroll UP and read ALL of the thread that we took our time to post just to help YOU, a random noob, out of the kindness of our hearts. Don't be a douche! .......... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

well Mr. Boomhauer, I've check the whole thread. but sorry I am not a computer expert, and I am new on Win7. I wanted to try your advice, I've opened the link that you provided to me, but I think that's too hard to do for me.

(note: sorry Boomhauer, but when I read your post, I was using my laptop's touchpad. I can't found a small wheel on it.)
Thanks given by:
Open the Explorer (Windows key + E) and right-click on “Computer”. Select “Properties” from the context menu.
On the left click on “Advanced System settings”, click on the “Settings” button of the field “Performance”:
Go to the tab “Data Execution Prevention”:
On the bottom you can see if your CPU supports DEP.
Thanks given by: