Poll: What are your thoughts on this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am of average skill and am interested in playing.
36.36%
12 36.36%
I am of average skill and agree with this idea.
9.09%
3 9.09%
I am of average skill and disagree/am unsure with this idea.
9.09%
3 9.09%
I am not average skill and agree with this idea anyhow.
24.24%
8 24.24%
I am not average skill and disagree with this idea.
21.21%
7 21.21%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

AssaultCube Average Clan League
whopxer (bballn45) started up an AC clan league for average clans awhile ago. Due to some recent posts- I was wondering if the community would like us to reignite the league.

Basically it aims at clans with medium skill. So they can have fun playing other players at similar skills, while aiming for a prize at the end. To put it blatantly- to not always get destroyed by higher level clans.

Please vote on the poll to see if this idea is worth doing again, as it died out last time because of no clans doing matches, two clans died during the season, and in general no interest other than the massive signups.

The league would be hosted by us at dyH.

Thanks for your time all.
Thanks given by:
Something tells me you are back at playing AC Cemer, mmm suspicious...
XD
I expect great things to come outta this, but, I think mixtures are ok, cause, IMO, there is more to learn from defeat than from victory!
Thanks given by:
keel the try hards!

Liked the idea before, like it now.
Thanks given by:
lol, i wonder how many people actually think their clan is average league. I mean I know mine is :P

Yeah I'd like to participate xD
Thanks given by:
I liked the idea but because we could schedule the matches ourselfs I just forgot about it. So maybe the rules should be a bit different?
Thanks given by:
simply have it as an appendage to another league, such as a division two with the better clans playing in division one, and the teams in division two having the opportunity to advance into division one in the next season if they place 1st/2nd or something like that, with the bottom teams in division one being relegated

i really dislike the idea of clans hosting leagues when usually its just one guy in a clan doing it. what professional leagues have you seen where clans host it on their website? lol

i also dislike the idea of mixed teams in sustained leagues, if you're going to be playing with other players for such a long time you should just form your own clans.
Thanks given by:
http://ac-clan-league.xobor.de/t46f6-Table.html

They did not find enough clans. One league is still too much for AC.
Average clans are not enough stable and imo it is useless to play against team with the same level.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 12, 09:53PM)Edward Wrote: Average clans are not enough stable and imo it is useless to play against team with the same level.
Are clans like B}, Pi, Hype, DyH and DES not stable? By the contrary.
Thanks given by:
Well sorta the problem about the clan league is like 3 clans died in the first week that it started. And many of the clans were inactive so it just didn't work out. Thats what I was thinking of doing Undead but it was hard enough getting 8 clans to play.
Thanks given by:
Edward, there is a much different reason that the ACCL tourney thing hasn't gone off so well.
From one of the multiple ACCL threads...

(17 Jun 12, 12:43PM)Undead Wrote:
(17 Jun 12, 11:36AM)Xenon Wrote: Sign us up undead l0l
3 signups so far, ran by people who don't speak english and have never ran a tournament before.
no
Maybe he was a little harsh, but the point is true. Nobody's really heard of EL or gignu (at least I haven't for sure), so they don't know whether it's worth signing up. However, one of the major successful tourneys was the TaS one, which was ran by a pretty well-known and skilled clan.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 12, 10:54PM)titiPT Wrote: Are clans like B}, Pi, Hype, DyH and DES not stable? By the contrary.
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Premier_League#Table
Can you see them? Here we are talking about clans interested in doing matches. dyh is not in my timezone but I have always been denied by the others.

@ShadowFlameZ
Yeah I have read it too and I can understand it but imo it is not a problem. I do not need help from anybody to play a match against another team and post it on the website. And I do not care if the guys who made the website are known or not.
oNe did not sign up (as w00p BoB FD and many others) but LC MyS aG Fmc 45 ... did. If you do not try it can not work.
I do not know EL but gignu is in LC so people who play CM may have played with him at least once (I did k). And this is a league about clan matches.
Btw the Tas league failed (some clans give up? Tas clan died?) and only "well known" clans were participating. Imagine with "average" clans :p
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 02:58AM)Edward Wrote: Btw the Tas league failed

no it didnt
id join a league if it was ran by good organizers. your league isnt.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 02:58AM)Edward Wrote: Btw the Tas league failed (some clans give up? Tas clan died?) and only "well known" clans were participating. Imagine with "average" clans :p
Only "well known" clans were participating because they were selective about who they chose for the league.
dyH already had a set list of clans invited to participate.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 02:58AM)Edward Wrote:
(26 Jun 12, 10:54PM)titiPT Wrote: Are clans like B}, Pi, Hype, DyH and DES not stable? By the contrary.
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Premier_League#Table
Can you see them?
Sigh.
Just because a clan didn't sign for either league doesn't mean it wouldn't sign for an average clan league. Besides, like Undead stated, the Tas league didn't fail. And being "well known" and "average" aren't mutually exclusive, nor does being "average" imply that the clan is less able of scheduling matches.
Thanks given by:
During the mast Tas league, some clans give up and the Tas clan died. I call that a fail. But maybe I am wrong (some people told me that). And it is not my league.
Btw I understand what you mean titiPT so I am waiting for them :p
We will see what those "average" clans will behave
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 05:05PM)Edward Wrote: During the mast Tas league, some clans give up and the Tas clan died.
Erm, I believe the league had already finished by time TaS died.
Thanks given by:
Its better for weaker clans to play the big tournies. Small clans are too unreliable as said before.
Thanks given by:
"small clans"?
wheredafuq did that come from.
Thanks given by:
Maybe we are just lazy to do matches and leagues. Ever think of that?
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 03:43AM)lucky Wrote: Maybe we are just lazy to do matches and leagues. Ever think of that?

yeah, you havnt played a match in years
Thanks given by:
1 league is enough guys, and if u read all EL's project, the first year they will be 1 division, and then, since the second year, 2.
Just sign up accl and if u want to help EL and gignu, help them.
And about gignu, yes he is in LC, but when he won't play, for this league, he will be an admin, not an LC.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 08:57AM)Vanguard Wrote: Just sign up accl

no
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 08:57AM)Vanguard Wrote: 1 league is enough guys, and if u read all EL's project, the first year they will be 1 division, and then, since the second year, 2.
So we have to wait 1 year to have a second division league?

(28 Jun 12, 09:08AM)Undead Wrote: no
Thanks given by:
The clans which will be in the second division, are in the first season in the first division. They dont have to wait one year lol, they will play in the first division, vs all clans, the good and the worse one. The worse clans will descend, and play the next season in the second league :D
The ACCL starting date is after ACWC. I suppose there will come many more clans to sign up in accl until then.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 09:08AM)Undead Wrote: no

less lags?
Thanks given by:
is starting leagues a new trend sport?
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 12, 01:04PM)Robtics Wrote: is starting leagues a new trend sport?
Well, we barely had any tourneys last year, I think most people will prefer too many tourneys rather than not enough.
Thanks given by:
I prefer single/double elimination tournaments over leagues but yeah. :3
Thanks given by:
Agreed, leagues take too much effort and usually die. TaS was an exception.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 08:14AM)Undead Wrote:
(28 Jun 12, 03:43AM)lucky Wrote: Maybe we are just lazy to do matches and leagues. Ever think of that?

yeah, you havnt played a match in years

exactly my point. You get boring
Thanks given by: