Unknown Command: delta_game_1
Ok so this happens when i map sometimes. It makes my scrolling not work in mapping or changing weapons.

Basically nothing happens except in the corner it says Unknown_delta_command_1 When i redownload it fixes but i dont want to constantly have to re-download. Any help? [Image: 1212-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Delete your saved.cfg.
Thanks given by:
This is why you should lock your files :)
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 04:15AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Delete your saved.cfg.
Title? :S

Ooooon a related note, can anyone - such as yourself, R_R - explain what this error actually means and why it happens?

Sorry about hijacking your thread, Tac :P
Thanks given by:
No problem the delting saved worked but it took a while to remember my setiings. WHo cares. But anyway how do i lock files wolf?
Thanks given by:
You can lock saved.cfg by making it read-only; google how to do this for your operating system. I don't recommend doing this if you're unsure about how the game configuration works. It might confuse you in the future.

(20 Jun 12, 12:26PM)Frogulis Wrote: ...explain what this error actually means and why it happens?
'universaldelta' is the alias used when scrolling. In config/resetbinds.cfg:
[cubescript]bind MOUSE4 "universaldelta 1"
bind MOUSE5 "universaldelta -1"[/cubescript]MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 being scroll up and scroll down.

If you look at these lines in config/scripts.cfg:
[cubescript]alias modifier 0
alias domodifier [ alias modifier $arg1; onrelease [ alias modifier 0 ] ]

alias universaldelta [
if $editing [ alias s "edit" ] [
if (alive) [ alias s "game" ] [ alias s "spect" ]
]
(concatword delta _ $s _ $modifier)
][/cubescript]...you can see that universaldelta's definition is constructed from 'delta', $s (which is set to "game" when you're not editing and you're alive) and $modifier (which should be "0", unless you're editing and holding down a modifier key). 'delta_game_0' is defined in scripts.cfg thus:
[cubescript]alias delta_game_0 [ if (= $arg1 1) [ shiftweapon 1 ] [ shiftweapon -1 ] ][/cubescript]...shifting weapons, exactly what you want.

The problem occurs when you set $modifier to another value, e.g. changing a heightfield (which uses "domodifier 1" - see the default bind for Q), and it somehow doesn't get reset to 0. The command delta_game_1 doesn't exist. It could have been a third-party script that added a modification of $modifier, which has subsequently been removed from autoexec.cfg, but has residue in saved.cfg
If you don't understand any of this, don't panic; it really isn't important to playing until it goes wrong.
Thanks given by:
ohhhhhhhhh lol i kept on re-installing ac and download the new one :P that worked too. i guess
Thanks given by:
So, that is why it fails.

Ok, don't quit with Q while in edit mode.

Patch, default binds:
bind "MOUSE4" [if (! $editing) [modifier = 0] []; universaldelta  1]
bind "MOUSE5" [if (! $editing) [modifier = 0] []; universaldelta  -1]

Not the best solution. For a release, I'd suggest seeing if onQuit would work, and delete modifier on quit. Although it does seem to me that it did happen in the middle of the game sometimes, not sure how that happened, I could be wrong.

Edit: Seems fixed in svn.
Thanks given by: