Poll: Would you like to see ACinter @ webpage & wikipage?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, i do.
77.08%
37 77.08%
No, i don't.
22.92%
11 22.92%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

ACinter @ assault.cubers.net & wiki.cubers.net
Dear cubers,
Recently, ACinter became one of the biggest and succesful projects in the whole of AC history, but in our opinion this project is mostly known only to old players or those who play actively with strong teams. We (as ACinter staff) would like to know your opinion about developing this project further by advertising it on the offical AssaultCube webpage and wiki page; this way we believe that more people will come and enjoy the game, not just playing in public servers, but by getting involved in interclan and clanwar games as well.

-Looking for a clan?
-Looking for members to your clan?
-I would like to request the bot to my channel, what should i do?

All this stuff & more could be done by entering our website, once it'll be up again, till then pm one of the staff to request the bot.
Thanks given by:
Yes, I support this. ACinter project has been successful since it was released. Let's help its staff and encourage them in continuing :)
Thanks given by:
Why not! Sounds nice
Thanks given by:
I have NEVER got a cm EVER but inter-clans are good to get ;3
Thanks given by:
maybe if you arnt in charge of it
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 12:37PM)Undead Wrote: maybe if you arnt in charge of it

Hes not really, Ikljo takes the time to code the bot, maintain the bot, and host the bot. Im not trying to take away from bunny starting the "idea" of acinter, but ikljo is the one that works on it 90%, and tired of hearing people say that bunny is doing everything.

I agree that acinter has worked out well, and still growing, but i do not see it as the sole greatest thing in the history of AC. The acinter is being updated daily, to make it work more efficiently, and try to make it more appealing to other clan channels.

Right now there are many channels that do have the acinter bot, but there are also some that haven't requested or are awaiting the appropriate time to have it added to their channel because in earlier releases there were still many bugs.

The bot is heavily monitored, and abuse is punished through permanent bans and there are staff members on 24/7 to monitor.

Feedback from users would help acinter grow into more than what it already is, just go #acinter @ gamsurge and just spit some ideas out.

Currently there is no website for acinter, there was at one point, but right now me and ikljo are working on a bigger project that will include a page for acinter. It would be nice if the channels that do not use acinter give it a try.

I hope acinter becomes more popular than it already has, with support from all that use it, and support from those that think its a great idea, i see acinter growing into something greater.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 10:49AM)Sepehr Wrote: Yes, I support this. ACinter project has been successful since it was released. Let's help its staff and encourage them in continuing :)

As the main coder of acinter and one of the head staff members, I have to say thank you to all players like you and others who give us feedback and show appreciation for the effort and hard work we put forth because like many other people, I work 6 days a week at my real life job and when I'm not there or out socializing, I'm spending my time trying to think of new and better ways to improve AssaultCube and everyone's experience and to provide everyone with the best service possible.

As JoeSmith (a fellow HyPE founder and the owner of the deux.cc servers) already mentioned, the ac-inter website is currently unavailable at this time because we have removed it to prepare for a greater project.

AC-Inter may not be the biggest project in AC history like BunnySoul had mislead you to believe, but it is a successful one.

In the first 6 months after I created the acinter bot, the bot was in over 25 different clan channels and according to our live match requests on our website, we had over 3200+ requests and many people (too many to keep track of) used the acinterbot to help organize their matches easier.

AC-Inter also helped televise the live streams of ACTV by SKB and many matches for the ACWC 2011. We also had organized an AC-Inter 1v1 tournament earlier last year for European players where we had many players participate and the overall winner was WolfSRB.

Almost a year later, many AssaultCube clans have died and more were born, but right now AC-Inter needs you to help continue this project.
We need to reach more players and more channels. People need to know what AC-Inter is and where they can find us. We need your support and encouragement so AC-Inter can move forward and further it's ambitions.

AC-Inter and it's staff would like to thank those who support our service and we would like to sincerely thanks those who use our services daily and help us move forward.

Thanks,
~AC-Inter Staff Co-Leader~
ikljo

AC-Inter is an ever growing project and is dedicated to helping players organize and find matches easier whenever and wherever a match might be.
Thanks given by:
Thanks to you guys!
I only knew about using it through the IRC, and that I found a bit annoying (cause I dont use IRC at all)...
Were there other ways around it? What was the webpage for?
Couldnt this be implemented inside the game or something?
Well, anyway, good luck to you guys, your hard work doent go unnoticed!
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 07:13PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Thanks to you guys!
I only knew about using it through the IRC, and that I found a bit annoying (cause I dont use IRC at all)...

it could be implemented into the game, but you would have to find someone that would take the time to figure it out.

i know redeclipse uses IRC within game.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 07:13PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Thanks to you guys!

That was one of our problems, not every AssaultCube player uses IRC, therefore it is a bit out of the way for them to go onto IRC to organize matches. Therefore, our solution was to implement on our website's main page the most recent match requests from users in IRC listed by the most recent time and date including the type of match they were looking for and the nickname of the player trying to organize it.

For Example this is similar to a single request that would show up on our site:

Sun. June 17, 2012 20:33 UTC+0
Clan Match Anyone?
ikljo: is looking for a clan match! Go to: uk 7777

I had implemented the live request feature onto our website because whenever someone made a request through IRC it would show up on the website for those who don't use IRC and it was an instantaneous live feed, so people would see it as it happened. The website was not only just for that alone, it also hosted our 1v1 tournament for European players and had a list of private servers that you could connect to directly from your browser. It also had its own forum for channel requests and clan recruiting.

Like I said, players who don't use IRC were one of our biggest factors for trying to make the service available to everyone and making it available in game was a feature that was made available on our AC servers a year ago. Our solution was pretty well the same method used on irc but it was only available to be used on our servers which wasn't the best solution.
That feature was discontinued later on when we stopped hosting servers.

But making IRC available in game was a task I've thought about taking on, but because of my busy schedule, it was pushed aside. You never know, someone may come up with something similar to that of RedEclipse in the future. I'll re-add it to my to do list :)
Thanks given by:
That seems lovely and I cant wait to see the site revamp! I gather that ACinter will only be a part of it, so Im curious to see the whole scheme! XD
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 05:33PM)Joe Smith Wrote: Hes not really
from ChanServ   400 BunnySoul

bunnysoul with power is a bad thing really
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 05:07PM)Undead Wrote:
(17 Jun 12, 05:33PM)Joe Smith Wrote: Hes not really
from ChanServ   400 BunnySoul

bunnysoul with power is a bad thing really

You are free to vote no - nobody cares about your opinion anyway, infact you're already banned from our channel for trolling etc. And by sharing your nosense here will just increase the period of the ban.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 09:00PM)BunnySoul Wrote: You are free to vote no
[...]
And by sharing your nosense here will just increase the period of the ban.
Yeah, that's what I imagined when I read "free to vote no".
Thanks given by:
what about an IRC client that opens when you launch AC? STREAMLINING!
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 09:21PM)tempest Wrote:
(18 Jun 12, 09:00PM)BunnySoul Wrote: You are free to vote no
[...]
And by sharing your nosense here will just increase the period of the ban.
Yeah, that's what I imagined when I read "free to vote no".

If i am not wrong undead was banned for spamming the bot, then trolling of course, you really don't know him do you? and the most important thing that it was not my decision only, but the others staff members too. So his opinion here is definitely useless.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 09:00PM)BunnySoul Wrote: nobody cares about your opinion anyway
i assure you my opinion is valuable due to my experience with you as a clan mate and my experience with various people who hold positions of power in this game. you get power by ass licking rather than through respect(respect is the best way to hold power too, if you aren't able to be respected by the people you have power over you aren't worthy of your power), and then you go and abuse it.

(18 Jun 12, 09:00PM)BunnySoul Wrote: infact you're already banned from our channel for trolling etc. And by sharing your nosense here will just increase the period of the ban.
allow me to break down your response.
you are stating that i am banned for trolling, but you have no evidence to back up your claims. threatening to extend my permanent ban for pointing out your immaturity definitely isn't helping your case. i'm not sure you know what maturity is, but it definitely isn't the ability to try to suck up to everyone. my post isn't out of grudge for a ban that you set years ago, rather its simply to warn the community of the problems associated with you in power.
(19 Jun 12, 07:41AM)BunnySoul Wrote: If i am not wrong undead was banned for spamming the bot, then trolling of course
yes you are
(19 Jun 12, 07:41AM)BunnySoul Wrote: you really don't know him do you? and the most important thing that it was not my decision only, but the others staff members too. So his opinion here is definitely useless.
there are so many things hilariously fallacious with this sentence. if you have an ounce of common sense in you, you'll see it too.

i would gladly support an integration of an ac-inter like thing if a special child wasn't in charge of it.
Thanks given by:
FREE UNDEAD
Thanks given by:
Quote:i assure you my opinion is valuable due to my experience with you as a clan mate and my experience with various people who hold positions of power in this game. you get power by ass licking rather than through respect(respect is the best way to hold power too, if you aren't able to be respected by the people you have power over you aren't worthy of your power), and then you go and abuse it.

Your experiences with me? as an ex clanmate and my expereinces with YOU, i could say that you're one of the biggest trolls in the community ( Ruining previous ACWC for example, trolling people in general ) and i have various people with power in this game who could backup my statement. Which ass licking exactly are you talking about? i invtented this project and i am founder of this project, " and then i go and abuse it" this whole post is a full nonsense bullshit i have ever heard.

Quote:allow me to break down your response.
you are stating that i am banned for trolling, but you have no evidence to back up your claims. threatening to extend my permanent ban for pointing out your immaturity definitely isn't helping your case. i'm not sure you know what maturity is, but it definitely isn't the ability to try to suck up to everyone. my post isn't out of grudge for a ban that you set years ago, rather its simply to warn the community of the problems associated with you in power.

Yes i do have evidence for my statement, ikljo was the person who banned you peremantly and he would gladly approve this.

Quote:yes you are

No, i am not.

Quote:i would gladly support an integration of an ac-inter like thing if a special child wasn't in charge of it.

Let me make it finally clear for you:

AC-inter DOES NOT need your support at any point, your support is clearly useless and superfluous.

- And im done replying to you anymore, further useless replies will be deleted by my request to moderators.
Thanks given by:
Didn't read any of the troll ping pong between bunny and undead, but hey what about that IRC client idea?
Thanks given by:
Presenting pick up game. http://www.holysh1t.net/rules/ I think this could work on AC, only if there's some one who is able to code the pickup bot.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 12, 09:21AM)BunnySoul Wrote: Yes i do have evidence for my statement, ikljo was the person who banned you peremantly and he would gladly approve this.

- And im done replying to you anymore, further useless replies will be deleted by my request to moderators.

please stop replying you're making yourself look like more of an idiot

(19 Jun 12, 10:19AM)Vermi Wrote: Didn't read any of the troll ping pong between bunny and undead, but hey what about that IRC client idea?

do you even know what trolling is
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 12, 10:33AM)pweaks Wrote: Presenting pick up game. http://www.holysh1t.net/rules/ I think this could work on AC, only if there's some one who is able to code the pickup bot.

pickup bot is very similar to acinter
Thanks given by:
http://www.cybergamer.com.au/pug/pc/codmw3/

Pick up game, another example.

You join the channel, theirs a chat so you can sort out ts3 and stuff etc etc :D
Thanks given by:
pweaks and xenon thats pretty cool, and bunny stopping feeding him man.
Thanks given by:
This is why I drink during AC. ;). Makes the world go round and I've found that I tend to take things a lot less seriously than if I was sober. That is what makes all the difference.

Undead is an acquired taste by the way and he's here to stay. I'd suggest you accept your fate like the rest of us and show one of our greatest shimmies some love. Troll or not he's been 'round longer an you have BunnyBuns, and that makes all the difference.
Thanks given by:
I'm still looking for that pickup bot. I think that would bring more traffic into #acinter. If anyone of you is capable of coding that and has some time, I really think that would be super awesome.
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 12, 05:05PM)pweaks Wrote: I'm still looking for that pickup bot. I think that would bring more traffic into #acinter. If anyone of you is capable of coding that and has some time, I really think that would be super awesome.

Would you mind describing in greater detail in relation to AC how the pickup bot works because AC is the only fps game I've played so I am not really familiar with the whole pickup bot concept.

Are you looking for something that will for example:

If user name "ikljo" requests an inter using the acinter bot, player A who wants to play can type !add to add themselves to a list of players who want to play the match. Then player B adds themselves using the !add command and so does 4 other players (player C, D, E, F). Any player can remove themselves from the list at any time, example: player B types !remove, player B is removed from the list of players leaving A, C, D, E, F in the list of players willing to play. When the 6 player slot (list) or whatever amount becomes full, the acinter bot randomly picks a server and 2 captains, who then take turns deciding who they want on their team? A map and mode is then selected and agreed upon and the game is played?
Thanks given by:
Exactly.
Thanks given by:
I support this idea. Tbh, acinter is a great broadcast for AC hardcore and casual players. More importantly, it is still easy to reach no matter what is the circumstance. Thanks ikljo.

Thumbs up!
Thanks given by: