Cheating on nc servers
The nc servers are horribly maintained. I find a hacker almost every visit. There were three today; I only have the partial IP and demo of the third hacker.

// Name: GsF|StaTuZz
// Date: 06/17/12, GMT 4:07 am
// Server: nc|server 1
// Ban reason: Auto-headshot (large hit box? aimbot?), wall hack (can shoot through, perhaps see through). Those two are 110%, but also 60% sure about a knife hack too.
// Proof:

Demo: https://rapidshare.com/files/3775921664/...7_0011.dmo

SS:
-Partial IP: http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/16/90/31/47/20120627.png
-Ridiculous score: http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/16/90/31/47/20120628.png

Is this guy really GsF or a tag abuser/impersonator?

I recommend better care of the nc servers. They breed and host hackers >.>
Thanks given by:
Sorry, RCJD, for moving your post to its own thread, and hijacking it slightly, but as you've discovered, the nc servers do have a problem. I'm quite sure the reason there are so many cheats is because nine times out of ten the wrong demo is downloaded; exactly what has happened here.
Unfortunately, without the demo it's not proof of obvious cheating, but I've left the screenshots there for people to make up their own minds.

I've often been accused of being too happy to ban servers, but the nc servers are not breaking any rules. The problem with demo downloading is a bug in the current version (it's fixed in SVN) that affects multiple servers on the same Windows box. This is why most servers don't have the problem. I *can* ban the nc servers, but since nc|armed has provided his servers for such a long time, it seems a slap in the face to just cut him off. Needless to say, I don't have any contact details for armed.
This is happening too much though...
Thanks given by:
And the admins, when they are around, are almost total jackasses, but for the exception of the rule, Bugboy1028, who is a beam of light falling down from between the dark clouds, and illuminates our paths as a warm fire in a dark cave or a mosquito zapper for a moth.
Thanks given by:
im supposted to be a "mod" there but no admins are there hardly

play on aow and silvercloud (soon to have a name change, name is in additional server info)

theyre maintained by quite a few admins that are well trusted by me.
Thanks given by:
we know silvercloud exists jg, let it rest
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 05:09AM)Waffles Wrote: we know silvercloud exists jg, let it rest

I hope you mean rest as in murdering the fuck out of it and erasing it from existence/masterserver.
Thanks given by:
Ah, I was wondering where my post went!

:O apologies, everyone. This is the second time I downloaded the wrong demo from the nc server >.> I should've checked. At least I know there's a bug to blame? =D

Is the trouble with the nc servers simply that the server owner does not frequently update the blacklist file? Or is there more to it?

If I remember correctly, there are quite a few nc servers and they seem to be popular. Banning them from masterserver may affect AC popularity? Or would those nc server "regulars" simply find another server to play?
Thanks given by:
They are as popular for the n00bs of AC as shit is for flies.
I say, let the flies eat all the shit and let the nc servers stay.
(Please notice Paul hates really bad nc servers and his opinion is biased, but they suck :( )
Thanks given by:
I say! Bludgeon the nc server's owner or owners with a swordfish until they update their blacklist! And if they stubbornly refuse, repeat bludgeoning with a different choice of aquatic life.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to bring this back to topic but was this not about GsF|StaTuZz
and if he was really GsF or an impersonator. There is a partial IP so at least we should have some chance of knowing and Jamz almost always finds the same person somewhere else in logs. So was thsi person GsF or not then we can deal with the other issue of cheating.
Thanks given by:
i caught a fake aow/vote abuser named vote_troll, caught some cheaters, and more, after i was given admin :p and they all went on aow blacklist.
Thanks given by:
This is the only time GsF|StaTuZz appears in the ms logs and the IP doesn't link to any other GsF members.
Thanks given by:
must be a fake then which is reason enough for a blacklist anyway.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 08:08AM)Jg99 Wrote: i caught a fake aow/vote abuser named vote_troll, caught some cheaters, and more, after i was given admin :p and they all went on aow blacklist.
Jg, we understand you're AC's savior, but, as waffles says...
(18 Jun 12, 05:09AM)Waffles Wrote: let it rest
Thanks given by:
F1 for the above, not every topic requires a jg99 advertisement ;)
Thanks given by:
This is an advertisment brought to you by Jg99. (justkidding)

Loljk :D I just like to say what i do to help the servers :D
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 12, 01:10AM)Jg99 Wrote: I just like to say what i do
I know this will sound rude, and I hate to say it like this, but nobody asked you to tell us all what you or your servers do. Plenty of ACers run servers. Jamz does a lot to protect servers, but he doesn't go advertising it. All he does is a simple blacklist entry, and he leaves it at that. Maybe that's how he became a forum mod. Cuz of his modesty (har har har).
He is jamz. And maybe, someday, so can you.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 03:54PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: And the admins, when they are around, are total jackasses. Also most of the people who play on those servers are severe retards with dysfunctional disorders that I cant comprehend.
Cant and dont want.
Ban the servers! XD

Are you saying THAT I AM JACKASS?
Thanks given by:
:(
Edited original post
Thanks given by:
And insulting NC|Server's owner when he have to do something acceptable that he have to be do FIRST before the server things IS not nice.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 12, 01:17AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: He is jamz. And maybe, someday, so can you.

He can jamz? :-O
Thanks given by:
A message from the NC Enforcement Team leader, rampage:

First I'd like to start off by saying hello. I had Bugboy post this message for me because my account, "rampage.wd", has not yet been activated. I understand that a number of people are a little frustrated about the NC server not being fully under control and hackers running loose. I also understand that a couple of our Admins have not been polite, which is why one of them has been kicked off the team while the other has been severely warned.

Myself, Bugboy, Armed and a couple of the other NC Admins are currently working hard, planning out our next move to make NC a better server to play on. We in no way mean to bring any clients down and as stated above, we are working hard toward changing how we do things at NC, based on how the clients want us to handle things. We are not there to boss you or anyone else around, we are not there to cause any problems, but we are there to help the clients remove any trouble makers that enter NC.

We will never kick or ban any client without a valid reason. If you have been kicked/banned and you have not done anything wrong, then one of our Admins may have made a mistake and you should try to reconnect to NC 30 seconds after being kicked, so the Admin has time to remove your ban.

Please take this next message, which is very important to us:
We will listen to your suggestions, we will change our Admining based on your suggestions and we will do what is right. If you feel one of us is doing something wrong, don't complain, but talk to myself, Bugboy or L1994 so one of us can resolve this matter right away. (This doesn't mean calling us stupid and then demanding us to do something; please be polite and mature about it.)

We hope that everyone understands that we are trying our best to make the NC server a great place to play at, but with Armed gone on vacation and most of us busy with life, we need your help. Help us by reporting clients, and communicating with us in a friendly manner.

Here is a list of some of the rules at NC so you don't enter an accidently break one of the rules:
  1. Team Killing is not permitted. Intentional team killers will be kicked without warning.
  2. Since we been having clients under the age of 14, we do not allow bad language. This includes swearing, racist/sexist comments.
  3. Annoying other clients/Spamming is not permitted.
  4. Racist/Sexist names are not tolerated and you will be banned for a long time if you do not rename within a certian time that the Admin will give you. Minimum is 30 seconds but you may speak out if you need more time.
  5. Respect all clients and Admins around you. The game is more fun this way.
  6. We do not tolerate Cheating, using a modified game cient or hacking, death threats, DDoS attacking threats or promises are not tolerated and you will be permanently banned if caught.
  7. We allow camping on all NC servers; however, we ask that you do not camp if you are the last person alive in a TOSOK match. This becomes really annoying.

There are a few other minor rules that are really easy to follow, but over all, if you respect us, no trouble will come to you.
If you have any questions about this post, please feel free to make a reply and either Bugboy or myself will answer your questions as best as we can.
Thanks given by:
It is lovely to see such a well written explanation!
Im very happy to hear that the two rotten admins got their medicine back and I now ill be ready to admit that I was a bit harsh, but understand that my game experience was ruined, and also others!
Thanks for making things clear, hope to see nc back on track!
Thanks given by:
The thing is, that there's hardly an admin in those servers, they might as well give a few more to some other regular players in those servers.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 12, 10:17AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: The thing is, that there's hardly an admin in those servers, they might as well give a few more to some other regular players in those servers.

Well since I don't even own NC and Armed is constantly working, I don't have a lot of power to do much; however, I am currently working on letting the most trusted clients have a chance at becoming a Moderator.

The thing is with this, we will never just randomly hand out power to anyone. There is a long process that must be followed, which involves interviews and 2 trials. This is to help ensure that we are letting in the right people and not people that want Admin just for the sake of having fun with it.

I did speak to one of our previous Admin helpers last night as I also showed him this post and he feels that it's a good idea to build up a strong council on NC. I defiantly would support this idea and as soon as we can make contact with Armed, I will raise the issues with him and then provide him with several solutions, and then he can decide which is the best.

I apologize if this is taking too long but be patient with us as we are waiting for Armed to come back from an emergency.
Thanks given by:
You know that theres a lot of players who have been trusted with admin on other servers, such as the BoB and the TyD ones, trusted players from the community who know how to use that "power".

I'm glad you're taking this thing the way you guys do, ad if you see armed tell him I say hi :D
Thanks given by:
@Bugboy, rampage, armed, Droid, and everyone (:

I've been receiving some heat for "making" this thread. Just so everything's clear:
-I think jamz and I both know the nc servers have been an issue for a while, and that is why jamz moved my BL report to its own thread (here) so we can begin this important discussion.

-My post never criticized the admins of the server. I don't know who are admins of the nc server because I hardly see any when they are needed most. So no, I never said admins are crappy, but yes, I think there needs to be more of them around... unless...

-Update serverblacklist.cfg. The reason nc attracts so many bad players is because it is the only server that isn't greyed out (banned) for these players!

-My opinion: nc servers are frequently used - and therefore, a good contribution to the AssaultCube game. However, when they host bad players and negative activity, it also ruins the game. That's my say.

Hope there are no hard feelings and things are understood! Back to fraggin'.
Thanks given by:
Well RCJD,

The problem is that Armed is away and none of us have access to the blacklists. I knew this was going to happen so before Armed did leave, I asked him to change temp bans to 8 hours and I've also created a private log myself for all of our admins and mods to keep updated on who needs to stay off NC.

We do attempt to ban as much as we can but we also don't want to overuse it to the point where people will yell "ABUSE!", etc...

I will tell you right now though that our system will be a little more strict as soon as Armed comes back and the new plans I have written, I will hope Armed agrees to. These changes should make NC a lot better than it was.

Again though, please be patient with us and as soon as Armed returns, I will make him sit and we will have a long discussion. I will give him all the ideas I have and he can choose what is good and what to throw away. Just know that some of our high admins are about 25-40 years old so we all have jobs and family to attend to as well.

As a temp solution, I created a small chat room for all the NC mods and admins so if the mods go on AC, I can pop on and give them temp admin, then disconnect.

Also know that I have not even been in NC for a long time. I am actually new to it still but I have over 12 years of server/network hosting experience and 6+ years of administration experience in both massive online games (RuneScape as an example) and small ones (Call of Duty as an example). Having said that, I already know what needs to be done to make NC a better place for everyone, but I cannot do this alone.

I hope this clears something up.

Also to everyone:
If you have any ideas that you feel you would like to share with us to make NC better, PLEASE do so! We'd love to hear them!
Thanks given by:
No you don't. You raged at me for telling you that spamming for someone posting a private server connect is stupid.
Thanks given by:
Quote:2. Since we been having clients under the age of 14, we do not allow bad language. This includes swearing, racist/sexist comments.
How do you know your clients' ages??
Thanks given by: