ESL LEAGUE
Assault Cube in the ESL League

[Image: fundog_esl_logo_320.png]

Dear Assault Cube Community

I am happy to tell you that we are working on the comeback of the ESL League for Assault Cube.

As first milestone i made contact with the ESL administration, because the Assault Cube section got closed. As result, they give us the chance to reopen the game.

So, the second milestone depends on you, based on the interest of the Players in Assault Cube.

ESL offers many possibilities which are part from the next milestones, as soon the game is opened again, i will announce this tasks here in the forum.

For this moment Assault Cube needs your support in this thread on ESL :

REOPEN ESL FOR ASSAULT CUBE

Vote +1 for our loved game (registration is free)

Thanks to all people for the support in ESL

I hope the Administration of ESL will decide to reopen the Assault Cube Section, so i can setup for you ESL new.

Have Fun, be patient, and i will give you more informations about what will happen, as soon they decided.

your fundog
Thanks given by:
This seems lovely, care to elaborate how being in ESL is going to improve AC?
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
ESL has brought us many great players. it brings a more competitive scene to AC.
Thanks given by:
I think it's time to advertise leagues on this website
Thanks given by:
GL fundog and all, I've posted my support for this.
Thanks given by:
Good job fundog!
Thanks given by:
best part of ESL was 1vs1 ladder just get that and ill be happy
Thanks given by:
Maybe a release cup for next version?
Thanks given by:
Will sign up tomorro
Thanks given by:
Ptoo.
Thanks given by:
Always taking care of our game doggy ;-). We need more people like you in this game.[/align]
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 05:46AM)Vermi Wrote: I think it's time to advertise leagues on this website

This.

I think the website can do a lot to improve the competitive side of the game. And how does it hurt to improve that?
Thanks given by:
Lolwtf imposter >_>.
Thanks given by:
Let Bart admin it, and sure. Then again, I'm sure they will ask him if interest in this picks up properly.
Thanks given by:
¿Bart as in Davitomon?
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing that the fact Davi ran the ESL side of things and turned out to be a cheat was the downfall of ESL for AC.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 12:38AM)Billybob Wrote: I'm guessing that the fact Davi ran the ESL side of things and turned out to be a cheat was the downfall of ESL for AC.

Yes, but in my opinion, the decline of ESL was more to do with the fact that there was no Davitomon-esque organiser for such events as opposed to the fact that he cheated.
Thanks given by:
And if I remember ok, they didnt do anything when know cheaters act in those tournaments.
Thanks given by:
who gives a damn if he cheated. Lots of people have cheated. If he is going to admin ESL to make this game more competitive I say let him do it.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 06:53AM)lucky Wrote: who gives a damn if he cheated. Lots of people have cheated. If he is going to admin ESL to make this game more competitive I say let him do it.

This ^^
Thanks given by:
ya lets get this league back to dyH. Never experienced it but i can't wait to if they decide to branch it to Assault Cube
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 04:00AM)spamma Wrote:
(20 Jun 12, 12:38AM)Billybob Wrote: I'm guessing that the fact Davi ran the ESL side of things and turned out to be a cheat was the downfall of ESL for AC.

Yes, but in my opinion, the decline of ESL was more to do with the fact that there was no Davitomon-esque organiser for such events as opposed to the fact that he cheated.

Aerkefiende etc, was hardly recognisable as an admin lets put it that way :L
He's what led to the downfall of ESL, and purely because the guy never had anytime.
Thanks given by:
It wont work without a deeply committed organizer or team of them. It's a good idea in theory, but as we saw it failed in practice for a number of reasons. I hope it works though because it was really promising and rewarding to link with ESL
Thanks given by:
fundog is the very right person to lead this matter; honest, humble, serious, organized, committed, fair, severe, etc. I know him personally and I'm sure AC will improve a lot with him as admin. Many surprises will be reveal once this thing starts...
Thanks given by:
I think Davitomon is the right guy for this. He has alot of experience of esports and knows how things roll. If he is willing to do it and has time, I think there's no other who is better for this job.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 04:16AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: And if I remember ok, they didnt do anything when know cheaters act in those tournaments.
I wasn´t allowed ... I did everything I could do to get their asses out of the league. To get them removed more proof was needed and only cheats detected by software counted (ESL aequitas, Punk Buster or own detection methods). That was the point I got sick of the ESL ...

(23 Jun 12, 03:41PM)Jason Wrote:
(20 Jun 12, 04:00AM)spamma Wrote:

Aerkefiende etc, was hardly recognisable as an admin lets put it that way :L
He's what led to the downfall of ESL, and purely because the guy never had anytime.
Harsh words from a guy that never played in the AssaultCube ESL section ... (as far as I can remember)
Definetely not true. Here are the reasons (in my humble opinion) why it failed:
  • After mata left I got no support of an experienced ESL admin (so called NMA)
  • I was the only admin (MLA) of the AssaultCube section and no one was willing to be in the team to become a LA or TLA
  • The community was in rage because of the cheating circumstances mentioned above (totally understandable, but definetely not my fault)
  • This led to less acceptance and a lot less participants in the following leagues and events
  • As I was about to get a successor for me to lead the section, another admin closed the section without notifying me
All this made the AssaultCube section in the ESL fail and not my time ... if you got any further questions I´ll answer them.
Thanks given by:
First the section will be needed to opened again from ESL. Because it's not granted that it will happen, it's too early to talk about details in this plan.

I will archieve all that informations, keeping and including them on the moment they are needed for.

> At the moment we need your posts and support on the ESL forum <

It's important that they notice the interest as amount of people.

(62 +1 at the moment)

Again, be patient, everything else i will provide as next milestones, as soon ESL does tell me what they are going to do with Assault Cube.
Thanks given by:
"...> At the moment we need your posts and support on the ESL forum <..."

Nice statement dog. I wonder how many people here have posted in the ESL section...and if you have not, what are you waiting for?
Thanks given by:
It is a great thing to see someone from the community actually doing something for the community. This would be a pretty refreshing move for the AC scene. Good luck. My vote granted.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 12, 06:54AM)End_Game Wrote: "...> At the moment we need your posts and support on the ESL forum <..."

Nice statement dog. I wonder how many people here have posted in the ESL section...and if you have not, what are you waiting for?
I wonder why are you licking his ass so much?
Thanks given by: