Throwable knives
I thought about it the other day how it would be cool to have throwing knives for OSOK and stuff. Why or why not is this good or not?[Image: search?hl=en&q=cod%20throwing%20knife&um...0QH5qMjAAg]
Thanks given by:
Well, like, this isn't like, CoD, y'know? Like, yeah. :)
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 12, 05:42AM)Fate Wrote: Well, like, this isn't like, CoD, y'know? Like, yeah. :)

what...it isnt /me panics...
Thanks given by:
Well there is in AssaultCube

Mod Edit: Fixed game name
@Mod Edit: LOL
Thanks given by:
I use AC, reccomend to all.
Thanks given by:
its not bad, i mean its just a conversion of assault cube.

P.S.: im sorry that i didn't mention that it violates AC's licence.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 12, 08:09PM)Link Wrote: its not bad, i mean its just a conversion of assault cube.

I know nothing about it other than it looks like it updates the graphics slightly, adds in iron sights, adds in some weapons, and looks a lot like CoD.

Oh, and that the AC devs hate it with a fiery passion.

Never really bothered to look into it though -- has anyone here actually tried it?
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 12, 08:09PM)Link Wrote: its not bad, i mean its just a conversion of assault cube.

ACR is a bullshit idea with no respect towards AC's license, don't suggest it to newcomers please.
Thanks given by:
No respect to CoD's liscense either, can't forget that.

Oh, and its lead developer is powertripping douche that hypocritically compares the AC community to Nazis as part of his "philosophy".
Thanks given by:
Walking is in cod its in ac too. How come every suggestion that just so happens to be in cod gets shut with a it not cod troll.
Thanks given by:
Well, seeing that he linked to a google search query "cod throwing knife"

:P
Thanks given by:
Goldeneye had throwing knifes.

Side note: Its like any feature that are related to those in COD are Immediately attacked In these forums.
Thanks given by:
Maybe they are attacked because they are bad ideas, and just so happen to be in COD?

As you said, Goldeneye had throwing knifes. However, which is played more, COD or Goldeneye?
Thanks given by:
Well everyone has their own opinion R_R. You may think its a bad idea but others may not.

It is unknown which is played more, But which one came out first?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jun 12, 06:50AM)Think3r Wrote: Well everyone has their own opinion R_R. You may think its a bad idea but others may not.

Indeed true. I never said otherwise. Nor did I mention my opinion. Want my opinion? Not AC style, however something more like AC wouldn't be a bad idea. GL finding something that would fit with AC though ;)

(16 Jun 12, 06:50AM)Think3r Wrote: It is unknown which is played more, But which one came out first?

Does it matter? More people will associate the suggested ideas with COD more than Goldeneye.
It also might lead to thinking about COD that many ideas may be inspired by COD (rather than games such as Goldeneye).

All I'm really trying to say is "Correlation is not Causation"
Thanks given by:
CoD is a diff playing style, more tactical, where throwing knives is more practical in that game. Throwing knives in AC would be like "hey i just killed you with a knife" " yeah bullets do the same thing" " ......ooo"
Thanks given by:
Yeah Like how you associated the idea to cod. LOL (I know saw that google thing,I'm just saying.)

Furthermore Joe here has a point Cod has a different playstyle then ac.But it dosent mean it cant work. Vitctorz implemented this idea in his "Assault cube mod",and seeing that it is highly unlikely in this game just go throw knifes in his "Assault cube mod".
Thanks given by:
Throwing knives would be good in AC if the maps weren't so small.
Thanks given by:
Go away kid.
Thanks given by:
Throwing knives would be impossible, ac gameplay is way too fast paced. It works in games like CoD because it's a lot slower, people wouldn't be jumping all over ac_douze and ar sprinting D:

CoD maps are also designed for people to be able to do stuff like this. Introducing throwing knives would just confuse noobs who would try to throw it over buildings, when it bounced back off the sky.
Also CoD maps encourage camping, so you're more likely to find people standing still and be able to throw a knife their direction.

(16 Jun 12, 04:14AM)Tac WuBBStePP Wrote: Walking is in cod its in ac too.

I'm pretty sure I was walking before CoD, can I sue?
Thanks given by:
You could make a throwing knife mod or get someone else to make it but it dosent have a chance of being official.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jun 12, 07:17AM)Think3r Wrote: ...Vitctorz implemented this idea in his "Assault cube mod",and seeing that it is highly unlikely in this game just go throw knifes in his "Assault cube mod".
What.
I'm not sure if you're trying to further your argument by using victorz as an example.
If so...what.
Thanks given by:
I don't wanna fling-flong toothpicks of steel.
Thanks given by:
long knife hacks=throwing knife.
Thanks given by:
I don't even see how throwing knives would fit into the fast-paced gameplay of ac. What I mean by that is player A throws a knife at player B. Like any non-noob ac player B keeps moving and barely stops so he does not even notice a knife thrown at him. At some point player B turns around and shoots player A who, helplessly, is stuck trying to throw knives and epicly failing.

Throwing knives may seem like/be a cool idea, but it's far from fiting into the fast paced gameplay of ac.
Thanks given by:
* VenteX pictures an even more fast-paced game, like Quake, with throwing knives.

Yeaaahh no.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jun 12, 04:38AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Well, seeing that he linked to a google search query "cod throwing knife"

:P

lol yeah. Couldn't find any better pictures, just sales pics of real throwing knives
Thanks given by:
Instead of throwing knives, make break-on-contact nades.
Thanks given by:
how about spiked nades lol har har
Thanks given by:
Instead of CoD, let's do Halo.

Yeah, the hammer thing and the sword
Thanks given by: